R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree17Likes

Old 10-11-2015, 02:10 PM   #121
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The xray is great 4 sure but knowing it will be outdated the next year doesn't help me in wanting one... it's good that there always improving the car but it also means to have the latest version you will be buying a new car each year....
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 02:24 PM   #122
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
The xray is great 4 sure but knowing it will be outdated the next year doesn't help me in wanting one... it's good that there always improving the car but it also means to have the latest version you will be buying a new car each year....
Just because a new car is out doesn't make the "old" one crap. Trust me the "old" buggy is still badass!
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 02:27 PM   #123
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suby723 View Post
Your saying all this before seeing what the price of parts are going to be and what the wear and tear parts are. I had a xb4 15 and never broke a part and the only maintenance was changing oils so I don't know what to tell you. The 44.3 was a hell of a lot more expansive to up keep.
I'm talking about just he spares I need to have on hand since nobody in socal will support the car in a track setting, arms, towers, outdrives wear out, drive shafts. Those are all very expensive to replace on the XB4. I never broke my '14, but the drivetrain did eventually wear out. The price tag to rebuild it was eye opening. I don't even consider the 44.3 a car anyone should look at.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:31 PM   #124
Tech Elite

Quote:
That's another reason why XRAY isn't an option for me anymore.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:36 PM   #125
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
After buying said needed upgrades, its still going to be cheaper to maintain then any other car out there. And I have a set of blue 0 degree hubs off an old BMax. Im ready.
Yes I know i got a email from team yokomo Europe and Michal said he is working out details for the factory kit and trying to get a release date around same time. I have one on preorder he said I can pick which ever kit when they come out.
turtle189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 03:51 PM   #126
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb

Quote:
True! That does cause discouragement for me
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 04:12 PM   #127
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle189 View Post
Yes I know i got a email from team yokomo Europe and Michal said he is working out details for the factory kit and trying to get a release date around same time. I have one on preorder he said I can pick which ever kit when they come out.
That's great news I'd much rather buy the factory version. Let's hope they can release it soonest!

Desoto Racing, McFactory Motorsports, Team Trinity, Pro-Line/Protoform, Hobbywing North America/FalconSEKIDO, HRP Distributing, PTRC Racing, Ho B Max
Antimullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 04:45 PM   #128
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
I'm talking about just he spares I need to have on hand since nobody in socal will support the car in a track setting, arms, towers, outdrives wear out, drive shafts. Those are all very expensive to replace on the XB4. I never broke my '14, but the drivetrain did eventually wear out. The price tag to rebuild it was eye opening. I don't even consider the 44.3 a car anyone should look at.
I see what you saying. Yeah drivetrain parts can get rather pricey! Lmao yeah the 44.3 is a joke!
suby723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:59 AM   #129
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I'll be waiting fingers crossed for the full option kit. I have never owned a Yokomo up until a month ago when I bought the YZ-2 to run on our new turf track. I was blown away by the YZ-2; fit, finish... all the aluminum and carbon parts and just the quality of it all. I bought a second YZ-2 one week later. On the track they are simply awesome! Very impressed by the YZ-2's kit parts and build. I was a bit confused when I saw the pics of the official release... PLASTIC???? a lot of plastic?? I am anxiously waiting for the YZ-4 to be released with the same kit/part content (aluminum/carbon) that of the YZ-2. I need me some whler

I have no problem paying good $$ for a good kit with all the extras. I bought a ZX-6 and still spent $150 in addition to the kit price (which is ) just to get the parts to achieve the latest driver setups. I'll pay ZX6 money for a YZ-4 with all the goods.

Just sayin'
BigPinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 07:52 AM   #130
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPinion View Post
I'll be waiting fingers crossed for the full option kit. I have never owned a Yokomo up until a month ago when I bought the YZ-2 to run on our new turf track. I was blown away by the YZ-2; fit, finish... all the aluminum and carbon parts and just the quality of it all. I bought a second YZ-2 one week later. On the track they are simply awesome! Very impressed by the YZ-2's kit parts and build. I was a bit confused when I saw the pics of the official release... PLASTIC???? a lot of plastic?? I am anxiously waiting for the YZ-4 to be released with the same kit/part content (aluminum/carbon) that of the YZ-2. I need me some whler

I have no problem paying good $$ for a good kit with all the extras. I bought a ZX-6 and still spent $150 in addition to the kit price (which is ) just to get the parts to achieve the latest driver setups. I'll pay ZX6 money for a YZ-4 with all the goods.

Just sayin'
The ZX-6 is a really good car. Running gear diffs and the new chassis setup, car is great. Its just spares, while not nearly as expensive as XRAY, still aren't 5 bucks like Yokomo.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:14 PM   #131
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Does anyone know what aluminum parts on the YZ2 translate over to the YZ4?
Possibly rear rear hanger, rear camber block, aluminum bell cranks etc.
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 05:11 PM   #132
Tech Apprentice

I was curious why I don't see any setups on petit rc that use a swaybar in either front or rear?

Do they even make a swaybar kit for the YZ-2?
freakshow__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 05:30 PM   #133
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
I never understood why people keep saying this. First no one is forcing you to buy a new car each year. Second, did you not want a company to keep improving their products? Third, if it were reversed and a company doesn't come out with a new kit every so often then people start complaining that they don't update their kits. Can't make everyone happy I guess.
littleZEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 06:25 PM   #134
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow__ View Post
I was curious why I don't see any setups on petit rc that use a swaybar in either front or rear?

Do they even make a swaybar kit for the YZ-2?
The rear kit for the bd7 fits the yz-2 , the rear sway bar isn't really needed since the car has a lot of steering .
Old 10-16-2015, 02:23 AM   #135
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

You can almost guarantee that if someone says anything other than 100% positive about xray there will be somebody to correct you..... smh
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleZEN View Post
I never understood why people keep saying this. First no one is forcing you to buy a new car each year. never said they did Second, did you not want a company to keep improving their products? never said that either Third, if it were reversed and a company doesn't come out with a new kit every so often then people start complaining that they don't update their kits. Can't make everyone happy I guess. and lastly I never said that either

Thanks for putting words in my mouth
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote