Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree15Likes

Old 09-28-2016, 07:31 PM   #1156
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knocustom View Post
Somebody has a yz4 for sell or if i buy it new what is the most have upgrades for carpet/turf tracks
CF front and rear shocktowers (I like the GW CF tower) F5 front a arms most likely gullwing, alum rear suspension hangers possible the L5 hangers but not totally necessary, Newest rear hubs, with 66.5mm cvd
Front aluminum inner camber mounts. Narrow rear belt and pulleys, alum front pulley. LMR or Bezerk flex top deck.

I am sure you will have some Fella's whom run carpet tracks often chime in and provide their advise.
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:37 PM   #1157
Tech Master

Definitely I would recommend the aluminum center link and aluminum bell cranks as well as a clamping aluminum servo horn.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:21 PM   #1158
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by knocustom View Post
Somebody has a yz4 for sell or if i buy it new what is the most have upgrades for carpet/turf tracks
Some of it depends on how grippy the track is, I don't race on carpet, but most astro tracks I run on, all have different levels of grip, ranging from normal grass track, all the way up to Velcro levels

The +1 front arms are a must.

The alloy rear hangers are nice to have so you can change toe-in etc. The 12.5 degree front caster blocks are good if grip is high. LMR or Bezerk top deck.

Yatabe springs, think I'm on black front, orange rear.

25g under lipo weight.

I've got most of the hop ups on mine, but most of it is bling really.

Getting the tyres right, will be 70% of the job.
X-Factory UK / Carisma Racing/ Corally/ Vampire Racing /TEKIN/ AVID/ JConcepts / Lunsford / Exotek Racing / Hiro Seiko / RDRP / GRP Tyres/ Tuning Haus/ DMSPARTZ / McKune/ RCS Graphic Workz / WTF / DMS Racing / Model Junction
John Myall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 11:31 PM   #1159
Tech Regular

The new off set rear hubs with the different drive shafts work well, but are quite expensive.
X-Factory UK / Carisma Racing/ Corally/ Vampire Racing /TEKIN/ AVID/ JConcepts / Lunsford / Exotek Racing / Hiro Seiko / RDRP / GRP Tyres/ Tuning Haus/ DMSPARTZ / McKune/ RCS Graphic Workz / WTF / DMS Racing / Model Junction
John Myall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 03:01 AM   #1160
Tech Master

+1 on Jonny Myall suggestions
Old 09-29-2016, 03:21 AM   #1161
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post
Hello Penn my friend, no problem in trying to share advice as everyone is always learning in this great world of RC racing. I feel weather one is super experienced, new to the hobby and all areas inbetween their is always something that can be shared and learned. Anyhow sorry for my lack luster attempt to throw down some philosophy.

The triple slipper is amazing on lower bit dirt and clay, thus especially when running mod motors. I really don't think it is essential for 13.5 however the new 13.5 motors are really becoming more beastly all the time so I think the triple slipper has great benefits on low bite dirt/clay as it really helps lay down the power to the front and rear in a much smoother and controlled fashion. Thus holding control of your buggy in all areas is easier in my opinion.

I find with all of Yokomo's option/upgrades they really do improve performance, reliability, strength what ever the part is intended to improve it does. I will say not that it matters however Yokomo also attends to providing the utmost aesthetics within their parts as they really combine the highest level of performance combined with elegance through their design style.

On another note: High end bearings especially the layshaft and gear box is a great investment. To your question on the SupraFlex top deck I love it. The added flex provides better traction on o
Low to high bite conditions and I have noticed it frees the belts up a tad more.
Big thanks to C Sturdy for helping me with the top deck and other things.

Keep up the good work Penn as I can tell you are loving this hobby and thus being so you are an additional asset and ambassador for the continued growth.
Again Norse so much info i am very great full for and will keep working to improve which is due to people like yourself giving your time to share your experience , and yes i am really enjoying the sport and at 42 years old i can't believe i didn't do it sooner The shimming kit you mention for the rear hangers do you have a link to ? cheers mate
PENN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 04:02 AM   #1162
Tech Master

Hello Penn my friend,

The rear aluminum hangers require an optional part being a tree full of plastic inserts.
The inserts have different hole placements, thus using these inserts you can adjust your rear toe, antisquat, roll center and a arm width. There are some flat shims shaped much like the hangers which allow one to raise the the roll center more and adjust anti squat as well as shims that go on top of the rear rear hanger to raise the rear camber block mount.

I will try to post the part numbers before I leave for a work trip for the day.

Awesome hobby my friend. I use to do thie hobby big time through out the entire 80's, however I got out of the hobby, but 20 years later while visiting Norway for a family reunion I was soon re introduced to the vast growth of the hobby. Landing in Oslo I took the train all the way up the just past the Artic Circle to a average sized town called Bodo. I checked in to my hotel room and headed down to the hotel's gallery which to my amazement I walked into a fully blown out hobby store. Wow this place was crazy slammed with everything RC. Right then and there I was back in the hobby and thought that if there was a fully blown RC shop in a town north of the Artic circle that the hobby had blown up. Been loving it ever since.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:18 AM   #1163
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENN01 View Post
Again Norse so much info i am very great full for and will keep working to improve which is due to people like yourself giving your time to share your experience , and yes i am really enjoying the sport and at 42 years old i can't believe i didn't do it sooner The shimming kit you mention for the rear hangers do you have a link to ? cheers mate
Hello Penn,

Here are the part numbers my friend. Not sure whom the Yok retailers are in Aussie however you can plug these in the URL and they will pop up. If you have problems finding in Aussie check Michal out at MIBOSPORT. He is an awesome fella whom provides the best service. Shipoing from Czech anywhere world wide in 3days.

YOKZ2-300RF2 front rear hanger with 1 base shim
YOKZ4-300RRS rear rear hanger shims
YOKB4-300B rear hanger inserts
YOKZ4-300SRR rear rear hanger

Forgive me if I have a mistake however the above will pull up the aluminum rear front and rear rear hangers for use with S4 rear a arms as well as YZ2 rear arms. Also bushing/inserts per use with the rear hangers is up there.

Have a great day I will message you back this evening eta 14 hours from know.
Old 09-29-2016, 05:54 AM   #1164
Tech Apprentice

Guys hope you don't mind me jumping in. The local aussie distributor for Yokomo is Hearns Hobbies in Melbourne. Ask for Nic or Rob,they give great service with competitive pricing and ship Australia wide. Ph: 03 9629 1245

Hello Penn,

Here are the part numbers my friend. Not sure whom the Yok retailers are in Aussie however you can plug these in the URL and they will pop up. If you have problems finding in Aussie check Michal out at MIBOSPORT. He is an awesome fella whom provides the best service. Shipoing from Czech anywhere world wide in 3days.

Forgive me if I have a mistake however the above will pull up the aluminum rear front and rear rear hangers for use with S4 rear a arms as well as YZ2 rear arms. Also bushing/inserts per use with the rear hangers is up there.

Have a great day I will message you back this evening eta 14 hours from know.[/QUOTE]
71WOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 01:45 PM   #1165
Tech Adept

Quote:
CF front and rear shocktowers (I like the GW CF tower) F5 front a arms most likely gullwing, alum rear suspension hangers possible the L5 hangers but not totally necessary, Newest rear hubs, with 66.5mm cvd
Front aluminum inner camber mounts. Narrow rear belt and pulleys, alum front pulley. LMR or Bezerk flex top deck.

I am sure you will have some Fella's whom run carpet tracks often chime in and provide their advise.
Thanks norse will do that
knocustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 01:51 PM   #1166
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Myall View Post
Some of it depends on how grippy the track is, I don't race on carpet, but most astro tracks I run on, all have different levels of grip, ranging from normal grass track, all the way up to Velcro levels

The +1 front arms are a must.

The alloy rear hangers are nice to have so you can change toe-in etc. The 12.5 degree front caster blocks are good if grip is high. LMR or Bezerk top deck.

Yatabe springs, think I'm on black front, orange rear.

25g under lipo weight.

I've got most of the hop ups on mine, but most of it is bling really.

Getting the tyres right, will be 70% of the job.
Perfect thanks john myall i run turf on rc madness and some time is medium and high traction ill get the parts if i buy it new but if i can find a good deal on a use one but with upgrades ill be on it thanks
knocustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 03:09 PM   #1167
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71WOK View Post
Guys hope you don't mind me jumping in. The local aussie distributor for Yokomo is Hearns Hobbies in Melbourne. Ask for Nic or Rob,they give great service with competitive pricing and ship Australia wide. Ph: 03 9629 1245

Hello Penn,

Have a great day I will message you back this evening eta 14 hours from know.
[/QUOTE]

Hello 71WOK no problem my friend as it is always great when someone adds info. This info will put smiles on some faces, thus PENN will like hearing this info.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:27 PM   #1168
Tech Master

Anyone using AE Heavy Duty ball cups or B6 ball cups? If so what size ball studs are required as I believe Yok ballstuds are a tad smaller.

Thanks my friends
Old 10-02-2016, 08:08 PM   #1169
Tech Master

I guess Yokomo is working on new ball cups which the only reason I believe they are is their current ball cups (which are super nice and snug) can flex a tad to much in hot weather.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:09 AM   #1170
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Anyone using AE Heavy Duty ball cups or B6 ball cups? If so what size ball studs are required as I believe Yok ballstuds are a tad smaller.

Thanks my friends
I'm doing the swap this week. I'll post back with the sizes, but I believe the 8mm ones will cover most of the car
Tekno EB48SL
Scott R is offline   Reply With Quote