Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree26Likes

Old 03-28-2016, 02:53 PM   #931
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piles View Post
Im not sure there is any such part as Z4-300srf. The Z2-300srf however is a steel version of Z2-300rf.
There is, I just got the shims today, instructions advise to use the same amount of Z4-300RFS to match what you use with the Z4-300RRS shims. What it basically doing is raising the suspension mounts both front FR/RR in the rear of the car by 2MM if you go by Carsons setup sheet. Easily can be done using ballstud washers instead and save some cash.

Last edited by jpcopeland1; 03-28-2016 at 03:15 PM.
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:09 PM   #932
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
There is, I just got the shims today, instructions advise to use the same amount of Z4-300RFS to match what you use with the Z4-300RRS shims. What it basically doing is raising the suspension mounts both front FR/RR in the rear of the car by 2MM if you go by Carsons setup sheet. Easily can be done using ballstud washers instead and save some cash.
Your original post questions z4-300srf not z4-300rfs. Bloody no.s are confusing.
Piles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:34 PM   #933
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piles View Post
Your original post questions z4-300srf not z4-300rfs. Bloody no.s are confusing.

Z4-300RFS is the correct part number.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:38 PM   #934
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to asalas
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetburner View Post
I have mine set so that the bar is perpendicular to the link . The grub screw ends up grabbing about 3mm from the end of the bars . I copy driver setup sheets on http://site.petitrc.com/setup/yokomo...YokomoYZ4.html for bar thickness . Some are running piano wire on a local carpet track . I am gonna run without them this week on a loamy dirt track for more side bite .
I am trying to set it up for dirt. Anyway, thanks for the help, I will have a look at the setups links you shared.

cheers
Old 03-31-2016, 10:43 AM   #935
Tech Elite

Has anyone figured out what fronts from other manufacturers work better on this buggy? Kyosho offset? TLR/D413 fronts? Need to run AKA Pinstripes up front.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:58 AM   #936
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Kyosho fit is identical.
scoobyrs25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:21 AM   #937
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyrs25 View Post
Kyosho fit is identical.
Glad I kept all my spare Kyosho rims
Old 04-03-2016, 06:57 PM   #938
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I bought my YZ4 used, with all of the goodies already on the car. I was horrified by how tight the belts were. I wen't through the manual, read this entire thread and decided it was a design flaw. It is. Really guys. I removed one of the tensioners, and moved another, got the belts looser, and the car was great. They really don't need that much tension. My Schumachers don't run anywhere near the tension of this car, and the belts don't slip. BTW, while I thoroughly enjoyed the Yoke, my Cat K2 was faster. Silly Shuey haters. Anyways, I removed the lower rear and moved the upper rear to above the upper carbon deck. The car behaved as it should. I didn't have to remove any drag brake at all. Very nice. I did notice that the chassis slaps pretty good quite often. Easy fix. Anyone ever use the MIP Bypass pistons? I love them in my Kyoshos.
scoobyrs25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:24 PM   #939
Tech Adept

Quote:
I bought my YZ4 used, with all of the goodies already on the car. I was horrified by how tight the belts were. I wen't through the manual, read this entire thread and decided it was a design flaw. It is. Really guys. I removed one of the tensioners, and moved another, got the belts looser, and the car was great. They really don't need that much tension. My Schumachers don't run anywhere near the tension of this car, and the belts don't slip. BTW, while I thoroughly enjoyed the Yoke, my Cat K2 was faster. Silly Shuey haters. Anyways, I removed the lower rear and moved the upper rear to above the upper carbon deck. The car behaved as it should. I didn't have to remove any drag brake at all. Very nice. I did notice that the chassis slaps pretty good quite often. Easy fix. Anyone ever use the MIP Bypass pistons? I love them in my Kyoshos.
I am running the VRP bypass pistons and love them. I am running the latest marc rheinard eos pully setup . With just the pulleyon each side of the spur layshaft it does not skip
Old 04-07-2016, 07:39 AM   #940
Tech Rookie

Hey, everybody.

I am looking to replace the plastic bellcrank that comes with the kit. I've seen aluminum ones for the yz2 but havent seen any for the yz4. Are they compatible?

Ive been driving/racing the car a lot over the past 2 months and my front end is starting to get a little sloppy, im worried that im losing a bit of steering so im planning on replacing most of the steering assembly to tighten things back up.

Edit: i saw on amain that the aluminum yz2 bellcrank is listed as yz2/yz4

Last edited by Yokomoko; 04-07-2016 at 08:12 AM. Reason: found it
Yokomoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:23 AM   #941
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokomoko View Post
Hey, everybody.

I am looking to replace the plastic bellcrank that comes with the kit. I've seen aluminum ones for the yz2 but havent seen any for the yz4. Are they compatible?

Ive been driving/racing the car a lot over the past 2 months and my front end is starting to get a little sloppy, im worried that im losing a bit of steering so im planning on replacing most of the steering assembly to tighten things back up.

Edit: i saw on amain that the aluminum yz2 bellcrank is listed as yz2/yz4
you want part # z2-201ba and z4-201cl
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:58 AM   #942
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
you want part # z2-201ba and z4-201cl
Thank you!
Old 04-07-2016, 11:41 AM   #943
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokomoko View Post
Thank you!
will need some 5x8x2.5mm bearings for the aluminum bellcranks. the plastic yz4 ones are different
Old 04-07-2016, 02:34 PM   #944
Tech Adept

Quote:
on my rear belt I used a 3x7 bearing in the front instead of a 5x8 ... made the belt much looser and used a 3x6 bearing in the back. I,m also using vrp 1.5pistons and 30wt oil with losi front truck springs in blue in the rear
2dialed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:09 AM   #945
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetburner View Post
I am running the VRP bypass pistons and love them. I am running the latest marc rheinard eos pully setup . With just the pulleyon each side of the spur layshaft it does not skip
@carpetburner...so there are no bearing tensioners, just the center pullies in the marc rheinard setup?