R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree15Likes

Old 01-18-2016, 01:45 AM   #751
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What I have on my car is, aluminum shock caps, 12.5 degree aluminum front caster blocks, floating servo mount, aluminum steering rack, I only have the top part of the rack now, waiting on the bell cranks, aluminum pulley for the front gearbox with aluminum side pieces, the narrow rear belt and pulleys you mentioned already, the two 25 gram plates for extra weight, I'm using one plate under the battery, front and rear graphite shock towers, front rear and rear rear aluminum hinge pin holders, the ones for the YZ-2 fit and work great, 0 degree aluminum rear hubs and aluminum rear camber block. This should be a good starting point.
cracky1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 03:25 AM   #752
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by asalas View Post
Thanks for your reponse trf415msx, however I was not really asking about where to buy Yokomo parts or Parts availability (my LHS stocks yokomo). What I would like to know is what parts are a "must-have" for a dirt stock setup, without just going crazy and spending a fortune in all of the titanium, aluminium, carbon and bling-only parts.

I hope you can help.

thanks
The car is pretty light out of the box, but for stock you could get all of the light bits & titanium screw kit, to lose even more weight.

The narrow rear belt would help with stock motors, after that, you only really need the rear hangers, roll bars & some springs to change set-up to suit your track.

Most of stuff people (including me) are putting on the car, isn't needed.
X-Factory UK / Carisma Racing/ Corally/ Vampire Racing /TEKIN/ AVID/ JConcepts / Lunsford / Exotek Racing / Hiro Seiko / RDRP / GRP Tyres/ Tuning Haus/ DMSPARTZ / McKune/ RCS Graphic Workz / WTF / DMS Racing / Model Junction
John Myall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 08:05 PM   #753
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to asalas
Default Thanks

I'll try finding those parts.

Would you be able to provide some part numbers? Anyway,I should be able to just google them.

Thanks cracky1970 and John Myall,
Old 01-18-2016, 10:20 PM   #754
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by asalas View Post
I'll try finding those parts.

Would you be able to provide some part numbers? Anyway,I should be able to just google them.

Thanks cracky1970 and John Myall,
Have a look here, you should find most things you could want

http://www.mibosport.com/yokomo/yz-4/
X-Factory UK / Carisma Racing/ Corally/ Vampire Racing /TEKIN/ AVID/ JConcepts / Lunsford / Exotek Racing / Hiro Seiko / RDRP / GRP Tyres/ Tuning Haus/ DMSPARTZ / McKune/ RCS Graphic Workz / WTF / DMS Racing / Model Junction
John Myall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:23 PM   #755
Tech Addict

I'm a bit bemused this car doesn't come with roll bars .... XB4, B44, D413, ZX6 all came with at least 1 roll bar.
SCT - Tekno SCT410 / Losi 22SCT 2.0
ST - Losi 22T 2.0
WagwanBumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 12:11 AM   #756
Tech Regular

That's why in Europe there is a Europe Edition
Old 01-19-2016, 07:57 AM   #757
Tech Adept

For those that have replaced the clicker with an aluminum pulley.. is Z4-630FC the correct inner pulley guide ? I see that Z4-630F3 is listed as the outside one and Z4-630A is the pulley itself. But Z4-630FC says center inside.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:53 AM   #758
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

To replace the clicker you get the narrow pulley and two of these. http://www.mibosport.com/aluminum-pu...center-outside.
cracky1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:48 PM   #759
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry if this has been asked before, but YZ4 or Bmax4 for low to medium traction dirt? Likely to get bumpy by the end of the weekend.
I have both cars, but until now have only run on carpet, but have a major meet coming up on dirt. I wont get the opportunity to test both cars, so Im going to have to take a punt and just pick one and run.
Glarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:49 PM   #760
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default yz4 arms

Any word on new arms I had this car for three weeks broke two front and one rear arm. I think for the front the standard rim make the nut stuck out proline fwd rims are countersunk I'm going to try that this weekend
legg.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:07 PM   #761
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by legg.j View Post
Any word on new arms I had this car for three weeks broke two front and one rear arm. I think for the front the standard rim make the nut stuck out proline fwd rims are countersunk I'm going to try that this weekend
Try AKA rim will work just fine.... Mine so far didn't break anything I ran on clay track
trf415msx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:57 PM   #762
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by legg.j View Post
Boiling the wheels for 30 minutes makes them more flexible and less likely to break.

For those running the flat arm carbon fiber shock tower and struggling with getting the ride height you want, the gullwing arm tower fixes the problem with no need for the longer shock eyelet, I am running 21mm front ride height and my shock collar is halfway down the shock body were as before it was all the way down and all i could manage was 18mm.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:46 AM   #763
Tech Adept

I got the first race in tonight with the Yz-4 . Qualified 3rd and finished 2nd . Anybody notice the front belt rubbing the motor housing? I noticed their is no inner flange on the spur pulley and it seemed to be hitting the motors casting . So I ended up putting a .5mm shim between the clicker flange and bearing to try and get the belt away from the motor . The Yz-4 is very fun to drive .
Old 01-21-2016, 05:56 AM   #764
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetburner View Post
I got the first race in tonight with the Yz-4 . Qualified 3rd and finished 2nd . Anybody notice the front belt rubbing the motor housing? I noticed their is no inner flange on the spur pulley and it seemed to be hitting the motors casting . So I ended up putting a .5mm shim between the clicker flange and bearing to try and get the belt away from the motor . The Yz-4 is very fun to drive .
You might put something wrong.. Can you post picture
trf415msx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:55 AM   #765
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to joeymdz

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetburner View Post
mines the same