R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree29Likes

Old 01-08-2016, 12:11 AM   #706
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Any body looking for the longer shock ends, here's a link.
http://www.rc-race-and-drift-japan.c...yword=SD-008RC
cracky1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 01:36 PM   #707
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

No mesh problems here using stock pinion and spur.
newob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:04 PM   #708
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by newob View Post
No mesh problems here using stock pinion and spur.
Out of curiosity, what is the stock pinion that comes with the kit, and the FDR with it and the 87 spur?

Having trouble searching for it specifically, with my kit on it's way to me in the post
Zarathrustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:52 PM   #709
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathrustra View Post
Out of curiosity, what is the stock pinion that comes with the kit, and the FDR with it and the 87 spur?

Having trouble searching for it specifically, with my kit on it's way to me in the post
20t pinion in kit. Internal gear ratio is 2.6 FDR calculation: Spur gear size divided by pinion size = ? Multiply answer times internal gear ratio. 87 divided by 20 = ? Multiple answer by IGR

Go to Novaks suggested FDR per motor sizes and application. Their FDR per different sized motors is really similar to other brands suggestions. If anything Novaks FDR's may be .5 higher than others.
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:47 PM   #710
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Does anyone no why yokomo built the carbon front flat shock tower completely different to the composite one, its gotten to the point that i have to run the longer AE springs to get the ride height i need for the setup i want to run.
Serpent 988, OS speed shimo edition, Serpent 977 35th anniversary. OS speed shimo edition Serpent 977 evo2, Novarossi Mito WC35 2017, Shepherd Velox, O.S Speed r2102, Motonica p81rs2, REDS Racing M7 WCS V3.0, , CM 1/8 INFINITY O.S Speed 2103.
HSV427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 06:00 PM   #711
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV427 View Post
Does anyone no why yokomo built the carbon front flat shock tower completely different to the composite one, its gotten to the point that i have to run the longer AE springs to get the ride height i need for the setup i want to run.
No idea why HSV. Sorry my friend.

Did you try the gullwing CF tower with the flat a arms? I guess using the GW shock tower is much closer to the kits stock comp front shock tower.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:25 PM   #712
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Breaking In

I just got my car built and was curious how to setup the clicker diff and slipper. .also how much break in time do I need on the car..it seems like the car is a little tight
jjohnson555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 07:43 PM   #713
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohnson555 View Post
I just got my car built and was curious how to setup the clicker diff and slipper. .also how much break in time do I need on the car..it seems like the car is a little tight
Lower bit conditions don't lock the clicker down as you will like the off power steering coming into tight turns.

You will want the rear 6mm narrow belt and pulleys. Less drag. Try the slipper at the manual suggestion.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:03 AM   #714
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post
Lower bit conditions don't lock the clicker down as you will like the off power steering coming into tight turns.

You will want the rear 6mm narrow belt and pulleys. Less drag. Try the slipper at the manual suggestion.
Cool. Thanks for the help..I'm running on turf so I'll lock the clicker.
jjohnson555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:15 PM   #715
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quick question -

Is the gear diff included with the yz-2 the same as what is in the yz-4? I usually end up buying an extra or 2 to fill with different fluids for easier testing and swapping. Since I went ball diff in the yz-2 just would make it easier not to have to mess with buying another since I still have that extra one.

edit - just saw on amain they say compatibility is for both
Crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:21 PM   #716
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
Quick question -

Is the gear diff included with the yz-2 the same as what is in the yz-4? I usually end up buying an extra or 2 to fill with different fluids for easier testing and swapping. Since I went ball diff in the yz-2 just would make it easier not to have to mess with buying another since I still have that extra one.

edit - just saw on amain they say compatibility is for both
They are the same my friend
Old 01-12-2016, 11:01 AM   #717
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm just curious about you guys breaking the arms on this car. I now have 4 race days on my car and have crashed (a lot) and some pretty hard crashes. The last one I bent a shock shaft and broke the drive cup on the front diff by hitting a brick pole at the track off a jump, but have not broken an arm yet. These are the original kit arms from the first batch of kits delivered and they were not boiled??????
madmikepags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:37 PM   #718
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmikepags View Post
I'm just curious about you guys breaking the arms on this car. I now have 4 race days on my car and have crashed (a lot) and some pretty hard crashes. The last one I bent a shock shaft and broke the drive cup on the front diff by hitting a brick pole at the track off a jump, but have not broken an arm yet. These are the original kit arms from the first batch of kits delivered and they were not boiled??????
I've broken one front and one rear arm so far.

The front one was on the first meeting, 2nd race with it, went into a chicane with too much confidence, thought there was a straight line through it, hit the track marking pipe, but there was something harder behind it. Result, broken front arm, snapped across the middle shock mounting hole. Didn't worry me too much, as I knew what I'd hit, plus it was around 0degreesC, so temperature might've had something to do with it.

Next meeting, I did the opposite side rear arm. This one was more of a worry, as I didn't think I'd hit anything, or if I did, it wasn't a hard hit. Snapped the arm across the inner hinge pin.

Car is from the first batch into the UK, arms weren't boiled.

I've since boiled the arms & had no more problems in two meetings.
X-Factory UK / Carisma Racing/ Corally/ Vampire Racing /TEKIN/ AVID/ JConcepts / Lunsford / Exotek Racing / Hiro Seiko / RDRP / GRP Tyres/ Tuning Haus/ DMSPARTZ / McKune/ RCS Graphic Workz / WTF / DMS Racing / Model Junction
John Myall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 03:24 PM   #719
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmikepags View Post
It wasn't a wide-spread issue; I haven't broken any arms (or any part) either.

My kit was purchased on 11/18 in the states.
newob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 03:47 PM   #720
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by newob View Post
It wasn't a wide-spread issue; I haven't broken any arms (or any part) either.

My kit was purchased on 11/18 in the states.
Since I ran this car indoor clay about 10f in Chicago no break anything so far
trf415msx is offline   Reply With Quote