R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree15Likes

Old 01-03-2016, 11:36 PM   #676
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV427 View Post
I really dont get why they wouldn't make it exactly like the composite one, and my difference is a lot more than 1mm, this changes the whole steering geomtry no wonder my buggy drives completely different with the composite tower, i thought it was all in my head, i cant understand how some of these manufacturers think, anyway will the gull tower get it closer to the composite tower, and when you say your breaking arms boiled or not is this because of the gull tower or in general cause ever since i boiled my arms for 30 minutes i haven't had one break.
Yokomo could do better. I wonder why they sent out bad parts here. And the fact you can buy the carbon tower for gull arms from A-main but not the proper gull arms (Z4-008FG).
I am running a lot of hours on a very abrasive track and with the low RH and my skill level breaking arms should be expected. But they could be of a stronger design. Now that I have the YZ4 to where it does not slap as hard I hope to have better luck.
Nolan Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:28 PM   #677
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Since amain is still out of flat arms, I decided to make flat yz2 arms. They are nearly identical in length, yz4 is only .5mm longer, hole to hole. I had a set of machined alloy castor blocks from my bmax4iii, so I used those, and they only required 1.5mm shim to make the fit not sloppy. So the only "modding" required, are to take 1.5mm off the outer hinge pin, cut the hinge pin "stop" off the inner hinge pin hole of the arm, and make a small "stopper" to keep the inner pin from going out the backside of the arm, since they are backwards from the original mounting. This may sound confusing and a lot of work, but it's really not, and in my opinion, very worth it since now I only have to keep 1 part number in my box for both of my cars. The only other shimming required, is .5mm under the ball stud on the castor block, (alloy block is .5mm shorter". I can post pics later if anybody is interested.
Supertruck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:34 PM   #678
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

quick tire question, do the schumacher wide stagger rib fronts and mini spike 2 rears take standard 4wd foam inserts?
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:11 PM   #679
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
quick tire question, do the schumacher wide stagger rib fronts and mini spike 2 rears take standard 4wd foam inserts?
They do on my YZ-4.
Piles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:23 PM   #680
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piles View Post
They do on my YZ-4.
thanks, im looking at the tires and inserts thru the packages and the insert looks bigger than the tire (especially the rear). maybe looks are deceiving.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:46 PM   #681
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Heads up for ya'll.. I check the recent new arrivals on amains website frequently. Some nice yz4 goodies are in stock now and including the gullwing front arms.
suby723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:53 AM   #682
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hopefully the latest batch of arms are stronger than the first. Even boiled mine didn't last long.
Scott51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 06:19 AM   #683
Tech Adept

Quote:
thanks, im looking at the tires and inserts thru the packages and the insert looks bigger than the tire (especially the rear). maybe looks are deceiving.
That would be about right. I used to run 4wd front inserts in the rear tyres because they fit better, but the tyres now are so soft the wider inserts are needed to prevent the side walls from collapsing.
Piles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:31 AM   #684
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piles View Post
That would be about right. I used to run 4wd front inserts in the rear tyres because they fit better, but the tyres now are so soft the wider inserts are needed to prevent the side walls from collapsing.
cool.

this is my first go round with a 4wd buggy so i'm learning bout them tires.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:15 PM   #685
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Anyone having any issues obtaining a nice pinion to spur gear mesh? My buggy seems to be really tight in that area. She roles nice and free otherwise, however once I mount and mesh the pinion to spur it really gets tight and seems somewhat notchy and noisey. I am wondering if my spur gear is somewhat warped. Really not sure why I am having difficulty in this area, but I do know it has me frustrated. (using the 87t kit spur gear with 20t kit pinion)

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:27 PM   #686
Tech Elite

just got my first order from http://www.mibosport.com/ and everything went smooth. only took a couple days to get the parts and thats all the way from another country. thats faster than i can get parts from amain/california, lol. guys feel confident in buying from http://www.mibosport.com/ they are the real deal!
Old 01-06-2016, 03:33 PM   #687
Tech Master

I have been buying from Michal at Mibosport for a while now and definitely agree. Super smooth, lightning fast shipping, great service etc. etc.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:24 PM   #688
Tech Elite

Quote:
a few quick part # questions:

is the part # for the aluminum suspension bracket #z4-300rf or #z2-300rf?

when you use the above bracket along with part #z4-300srr, we need to use #b4-300b bushings?

will we need to use spacers #z4-300rfs and #z4-300rrs when using the above suspension brackets?

thanks for any info
any info on these questions?
Old 01-06-2016, 05:34 PM   #689
Tech Master

You will need the bushings b4-300b. Grab z4300 rf and grab the spacers. However part aluminum z4300 rr will come with a spacer. I have the reverse in using the steel rear front hanger with the aluminum rear rear hanger. The bushings will allow you to adjust a arm width, roll center, anti square and toe. The spacers can be used as a tuning aid.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:43 PM   #690
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post
You will need the bushings b4-300b. Grab z4300 rf and grab the spacers. However part aluminum z4300 rr will come with a spacer. I have the reverse in using the steel rear front hanger with the aluminum rear rear hanger. The bushings will allow you to adjust a arm width, roll center, anti square and toe. The spacers can be used as a tuning aid.
thats just it, i cant seem to find any info on part # z4-300rf