R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree15Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2015, 11:43 PM   #466
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Anaheim Ca.
Posts: 3,884
Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyrs25 View Post
Do you show up on Sundays? I do. 2 Kyoshos and 2 Schumachers. Usually pitting with Steve.
yes sometimes.
__________________
TLR 22T 3.0, TLR 22-4 2.0 , TLR 22 4.0 X2, 22SCT 3.0, Tekno SCT 4X4, Hobbywing, Futaba, LRH Hobbies, Spektrum Servos, iCharger.
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 06:50 AM   #467
Tech Master
 
DaveG28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,588
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

Hi guys,

Looks like Yz-2 rear arms fit and make the rear narrower... Never broken a Yz-2 arm, but not sure if axles would need changing? Anyone tried it to know?

Also, are some of you running WITHOUT breaking arms? Just working out whether to even try unboiled arms first!?
__________________
Viper ESC's ~ Xpert Servo's ~ Sanwa Radio
DaveG28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:21 AM   #468
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: WI
Posts: 1,386
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
Hi guys,

Looks like Yz-2 rear arms fit and make the rear narrower... Never broken a Yz-2 arm, but not sure if axles would need changing? Anyone tried it to know?

Also, are some of you running WITHOUT breaking arms? Just working out whether to even try unboiled arms first!?
I boiled the front and rear a-arms, thus I have not ran her on the track but will within the next 4 days. Will update after as the track I am going to has some very large jumps and transitions being a 8th scale sized.
I know boiling works as it has been done by many over the years. I took the advice of a highly knowledgeable RC gent and racer whom boiled his for 30mins,
thus I boiled my YZ4 arms for 30 as well.


Again will update after I run her.
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:25 AM   #469
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: WI
Posts: 1,386
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalDonk View Post
You guys that picked up a YZ-4 from R&D Japan scored a deal. 18% is gone and replaced by 8% so now you're looking at $450 or so out the door.
Glad I bought mine when I did. Shipped to my door from Japan in 3 days at $406.
Good place to get parts if unavailable state size as the us dollar conversion is much stronger in Japan. Buying in Euro based countries or the UK (pound) is very costly being the dollar is really weak.
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:39 AM   #470
Tech Elite
 
UK.hardcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Belgium.
Posts: 2,135
Default

Euro is extremely low actually.

Anyone have a leaky shock? i have one leaking very much.
UK.hardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:50 AM   #471
Tech Master
 
DaveG28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,588
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK.hardcore View Post
Euro is extremely low actually.

Anyone have a leaky shock? i have one leaking very much.
Out of the seals on to the shaft? Never had much issue, in fact as per above my problem is usually too much expansion in the oring, not a leak... Any sign of damage?
__________________
Viper ESC's ~ Xpert Servo's ~ Sanwa Radio
DaveG28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:56 AM   #472
Tech Adept
 
kempower2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 123
Default

I have one as well. Just take it apart and assemble again, chances are it will be solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK.hardcore View Post
Euro is extremely low actually.

Anyone have a leaky shock? i have one leaking very much.
kempower2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:00 PM   #473
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montréal, Qc
Posts: 235
Default

my bet is on a damaged x-ring... The shocks on my YZ2 have been holding up very well so far. They really are a step up from the previous X-Shocks.

Martin Paradis
rhodopsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:02 PM   #474
Tech Initiate
 
Nolan Farmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 48
Default

I've run my YZ4 a couple of times now at a smaller clay track but with sharp technical jumps. There has been a lot of hours of bashing for I am still a novice and I have not had any issues with this buggy. I really like it but it is my first 1/10 electric 4WD so I can't wait to experiment with others in the future.
Nolan Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:23 PM   #475
Tech Addict
 
HSV427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 515
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

Okay for all those yokomo fans that are as frustrated as me over the arms breaking i have finally found a solution, i bought some yokomo BMAX4 3 front and rear arms, the rear arms mounted with no problem at all, the front arms took a little bit of work to get them to fit, the way i did it was i got a dremel and a cutting disk and used the original arm as a stencil and removed the part of the arm that the hinge pin goes threw so that they front suspension mount will fit, i also took out an extra couple of mm so that i still had the tunability, and the good news is i spent a whole day trying to break the arms and they handled every thing i threw at them flawlessly, at one point i even hit the tripple wrong on purpose resulting in the buggy cart wheeling close to 15 times at great speed and to my surprise nothing broke the crash was that bad that if it was the stock arms i would have broken all 4 arms, if your arms are breaking take the time to complete this modification and i guarantee you will not break another arm, it takes a bit of work but it is so worth it. My yokomo yZ4 is now bullet proof.
__________________
XRAY XB4 15, XRAY XB4 16, XRAY XB2, YOKOMO B-MAX4 III FACTORY KIT, YOKOMO YZ4, YOKOMO YZ2,KYOSHO RB6, TAMIYA TRF503, TAMIYA TRF201XMW, TAMIYA TRF 211XM

Last edited by HSV427; 12-04-2015 at 12:25 AM.
HSV427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:43 PM   #476
Tech Apprentice
 
dikke hond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 77
Default

WillS, did you recieved my PM?
dikke hond is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:47 PM   #477
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 126
Default

One thing regarding arm breaking (my experience with YZ2):

Always check the inner hinge pin, especially rear, in case you broke an arm. Off course they seems brittle on the YZ4 but I experienced a lot of breakages of Bmax4 III rear arms once the hinge pin is bent a little. That was not a huge bent, just a little resistance but once I changed the pins my rate of breakage felt down to 0.

Off course the breakages due to bent inner pin were around the pin location but it could save you some arms down the road, especially 4wd.

If you break an arm, check the inner pins.
mojo tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 12:40 AM   #478
Tech Adept
 
kempower2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 123
Default

That's funny, because the only things we broke on our Bmax4 v3 were front arms. It was not the same kind of breakage as with the YZ-arms, on the B-max with an 'heavy' impact the front arms were ripped open/teared apart around the hinge pin. As I still have a lot of B-max arms it's good to know they ca nget to work in case of emergency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV427 View Post
Okay for all those yokomo fans that are as frustrated as me over the arms breaking i have finally found a solution, i bought some yokomo BMAX4 3 front and rear arms, the rear arms mounted with no problem at all, the front arms took a little bit of work to get them to fit, the way i did it was i got a dremel and a cutting disk and used the original arm as a stencil and removed the part of the arm that the hinge pin goes threw so that they front suspension mount will fit, i also took out an extra couple of mm so that i still had the tunability, and the good news is i spent a whole day trying to break the arms and they handled every thing i threw at them flawlessly, at one point i even hit the tripple wrong on purpose resulting in the buggy cart wheeling close to 15 times at great speed and to my surprise nothing broke the crash was that bad that if it was the stock arms i would have broken all 4 arms, if your arms are breaking take the time to complete this modification and i guarantee you will not break another arm, it takes a bit of work but it is so worth it. My yokomo yZ4 is now bullet proof.
kempower2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 12:53 AM   #479
Tech Elite
 
UK.hardcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Belgium.
Posts: 2,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
Out of the seals on to the shaft? Never had much issue, in fact as per above my problem is usually too much expansion in the oring, not a leak... Any sign of damage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kempower2000 View Post
I have one as well. Just take it apart and assemble again, chances are it will be solved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodopsine View Post
my bet is on a damaged x-ring... The shocks on my YZ2 have been holding up very well so far. They really are a step up from the previous X-Shocks.

Martin Paradis
Yes, leaky on the shaft. took it apart, didn't find any obvious reason.

put more green slime on it while rebuilding.

i'll see if it still leaks.

thank you.
UK.hardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 01:15 AM   #480
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Anaheim Ca.
Posts: 3,884
Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone asked yokomo about a revised arm without bubbles inside? I still haven't started my build yet, and if this issue goes on for a long time, i'd rather just sell or return the kit, and wait until they fix it.
__________________
TLR 22T 3.0, TLR 22-4 2.0 , TLR 22 4.0 X2, 22SCT 3.0, Tekno SCT 4X4, Hobbywing, Futaba, LRH Hobbies, Spektrum Servos, iCharger.
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:11 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net