R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree41Likes

Old 10-27-2015, 10:29 PM   #181
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For the most part Im happy with the spec level of the kit, but two things I think are inexcusable are the lack of roll bars and If I see things correctly there is no kit option to adjust rear toe and squat.
Those things arent "bling", theyre essential tuning tools that should be expected with a high end kit, not things you have to purchase separately to complete the buggy.
I do feel Yoke have dropped the ball a bit with this one, and the only thing keeping me with Yokomo is the fantastic service I get with our local distributor - But its a very close thing.
Glarke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:54 PM   #182
Tech Adept

I am sure that the buggy will be competitive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glarke View Post
For the most part Im happy with the spec level of the kit, but two things I think are inexcusable are the lack of roll bars and If I see things correctly there is no kit option to adjust rear toe and squat.
Those things arent "bling", theyre essential tuning tools that should be expected with a high end kit, not things you have to purchase separately to complete the buggy.
I do feel Yoke have dropped the ball a bit with this one, and the only thing keeping me with Yokomo is the fantastic service I get with our local distributor - But its a very close thing.
Aussie RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:18 PM   #183
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ive still got one on back order. Im just a bit disappointed. Id say its pretty rare conditions now days where you dont run roll bars- Which means in order to run my car I have to go out and make an extra purchase.
This is what I have an issue with.
Same goes with being able to adjust the rear end. Im not sure I know of another high end kit that doesnt include adjustable toe and squat - And to add salt to the wound, the upgrade rear hangers arent what I would call cheap.
From the feedback Ive heard and read this seems to be the way the majority feel about the release kit.
Glarke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:25 PM   #184
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I will wait for the kit with the upgrades in it, buying them all at these prices and the car will end up north of $800.00 for just a roller to hell with that.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:29 AM   #185
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL CeeZ View Post
I will wait for the kit with the upgrades in it, buying them all at these prices and the car will end up north of $800.00 for just a roller to hell with that.
Now imagine if you live in australia its going to cost close $1100. Yokomo are really making it hard when the Xray xb4 is only $600, there is now way on earth that the yokomo is $500 better.
Serpent 988, OS speed shimo edition, Serpent 977 35th anniversary. OS speed shimo edition Serpent 977 evo2, Novarossi Mito WC35 2017, Shepherd Velox, O.S Speed r2102, Motonica p81rs2, REDS Racing M7 WCS V3.0, , CM 1/8 INFINITY O.S Speed 2103.
HSV427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:38 AM   #186
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL CeeZ View Post
Well heck, the rb6 which I own and love cost me 700$ with all the hop up parts needed... what's another 100$ lol?
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 07:36 AM   #187
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
Well heck, the rb6 which I own and love cost me 700$ with all the hop up parts needed... what's another 100$ lol?
I also have an RB6 lol. I have the same amount of money if not more in it. That being said im not doing that with this buggy
Old 10-28-2015, 09:18 AM   #188
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV427 View Post
Now imagine if you live in australia its going to cost close $1100. Yokomo are really making it hard when the Xray xb4 is only $600, there is now way on earth that the yokomo is $500 better.
It's gonna end up being the same price as a ZX-6 which I know is a good car at the tracks I run at, so I ditched the pre-order. Already had some spares from an RB6 aluminum hubs, springs, so it was a no brainer to go back to Kyosho this round.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:23 AM   #189
mes
Tech Fanatic

Why don't you just wait for the kit to arrive? I have yet to see the rear hangers and don't know whether there are any adjustment options included. The very first B-Max4 e.g. included a rear hanger that could be turned around to change anti-squat, and that was all the car ever needed on the rear end, from astroturf to loose dirt. Neither my son nor me managed to break one of those. Although I would have preferred a full bling kit, I doubt I will spend a fortune on option parts as long as the original parts are ok. I'll get the front gull wing parts and maybe another aluminum pulley to replace the clicker and the aluminum shock caps.
I am looking forward to picking my kit up asap, hopefully they'll arrive next week.
mes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:47 AM   #190
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
Why don't you just wait for the kit to arrive? I have yet to see the rear hangers and don't know whether there are any adjustment options included. The very first B-Max4 e.g. included a rear hanger that could be turned around to change anti-squat, and that was all the car ever needed on the rear end, from astroturf to loose dirt. Neither my son nor me managed to break one of those. Although I would have preferred a full bling kit, I doubt I will spend a fortune on option parts as long as the original parts are ok. I'll get the front gull wing parts and maybe another aluminum pulley to replace the clicker and the aluminum shock caps.
I am looking forward to picking my kit up asap, hopefully they'll arrive next week.
+1, nobody here is for certain what exactly is coming in the kit.....
Mikes Hobby Shop
Old 10-28-2015, 10:33 AM   #191
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Quote:
Already have and am more then happy with the ZX-6. But i'll hang around to see the progress being made, 2 4 wheelers are better then one.

Last edited by jpcopeland1; 10-29-2015 at 12:02 PM.
jpcopeland1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:59 PM   #192
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Looks like the YZ-4 is a week out according to A-Main and a few of the European websites. Looking forward to hear how the build goes and how it likes high bite clay.

Last edited by OriginalDonk; 11-02-2015 at 02:29 PM.
OriginalDonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 02:22 PM   #193
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalDonk View Post
Looks like the YZ-4 is a week out according to A-Main and a few of the European websites. Looking forward to hear how the build goes and how it like high bite clay.
I'll be getting one asap, and will run on Super high bite clay.... I'll post build pics too....
Mikes Hobby Shop
Old 11-02-2015, 08:12 PM   #194
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
I'll be getting one asap, and will run on Super high bite clay.... I'll post build pics too....
I cant wait to get mine...
Aussie RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:22 AM   #195
Tech Regular

Quote:
Release has been delayed by a week. In Europe they should be available from the 13th.