R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree21Likes

Old 10-16-2015, 04:24 AM   #136
Tech Adept

Pricing in Europe is announced: http://www.mibosport.com/yokomo-yz-4-europe-edition
kempower2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:59 AM   #137
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
You can almost guarantee that if someone says anything other than 100% positive about xray there will be somebody to correct you..... smh

Thanks for putting words in my mouth
My apologies. My intention wasn't to attack you personally. It was more a generalization to those whose sole reason NOT to purchase a kit is because a company updates their kit every year. And no, I wasn't defending xray.

Sorry for getting off track....lets get back to talking about the Yoke!
littleZEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 11:07 AM   #138
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb

Any idea cost of factory version?
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 12:23 PM   #139
Tech Initiate

there is no factory version at this time

Tekno EB48.3
Paultje040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 12:11 PM   #140
Tech Apprentice

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I know this has probably been asked but.....when is the YZ4 really supposed to be available? I see A-main has it on preorder.....I would prefer to get the YZ-4 rather than the new Xray, parts are just too expensive.

Also...I thought the Team version was supposed to be out the same time as the regular...is it really gonna be worth waiting for it? I don't see it available for preorder?
freakshow__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 01:07 PM   #141
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow__ View Post
I know this has probably been asked but.....when is the YZ4 really supposed to be available? I see A-main has it on preorder.....I would prefer to get the YZ-4 rather than the new Xray, parts are just too expensive.

Also...I thought the Team version was supposed to be out the same time as the regular...is it really gonna be worth waiting for it? I don't see it available for preorder?
In the UK, they're saying we'll get it mid November.

As for a Team kit, they now say there isn't one yet, but we can get the "Euro" edition, where the Europeon distributor is giving you front & rear carbon shock towers & a front & rear anti roll bar kit chucked in.
X-Factory UK / Carisma Racing/ Corally/ Vampire Racing /TEKIN/ AVID/ JConcepts / Lunsford / Exotek Racing / Hiro Seiko / RDRP / GRP Tyres/ Tuning Haus/ DMSPARTZ / McKune/ RCS Graphic Workz / WTF / DMS Racing / Model Junction
John Myall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 01:09 PM   #142
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Myall View Post
In the UK, they're saying we'll get it mid November.

As for a Team kit, they now say there isn't one yet, but we can get the "Euro" edition, where the Europeon distributor is giving you front & rear carbon shock towers & a front & rear anti roll bar kit chucked in.
Should include Aluminum hangers also.
turtle189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 04:11 PM   #143
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle189 View Post
Should do, I agree. but it wont. They should keep the plastic shock towers,(its not done the ZX6 any harm) and supply the alu hangers. I'll be keeping my money until I see this I think.
Piles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:12 PM   #144
Tech Regular

Quote:
I agree, it's the one sticking point I have on if I go for one, or the new XRAY.
X-Factory UK / Carisma Racing/ Corally/ Vampire Racing /TEKIN/ AVID/ JConcepts / Lunsford / Exotek Racing / Hiro Seiko / RDRP / GRP Tyres/ Tuning Haus/ DMSPARTZ / McKune/ RCS Graphic Workz / WTF / DMS Racing / Model Junction
Old 10-19-2015, 01:18 AM   #145
Tech Regular

Quote:
But doesn't. However, keep an eye out on a factory edition in a couple of months. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Yokomo releases a factory edition around April/May.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:24 AM   #146
Tech Adept

Quote:
I agree, it's the one sticking point I have on if I go for one, or the new XRAY.
The Schumacher K2 will be worth a look, this is going to be a fantastic car!
Cmgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:37 AM   #147
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmgreen View Post
The Schumacher K2 will be worth a look, this is going to be a fantastic car!
Not likely, I don't want a car made from recycled chesse

Or one that be "the best car we've ever made, but if you want it as we tested & run it, you'll need this bit & this bit......"
Old 10-19-2015, 05:43 AM   #148
Tech Adept

Quote:
Not likely, I don't want a car made from recycled chesse

Or one that be "the best car we've ever made, but if you want it as we tested & run it, you'll need this bit & this bit......"
Dunno about that ...... but I would rather have a car that you can buy what the team are using not just the car out of the box

What you find is Schumacher constantly test, try different parts, if they work they will sell it, unlike other manufacturers where the tested parts are kept for team drivers only!
Old 10-19-2015, 05:54 AM   #149
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmgreen View Post
Dunno about that ...... but I would rather have a car that you can buy what the team are using not just the car out of the box

What you find is Schumacher constantly test, try different parts, if they work they will sell it, unlike other manufacturers where the tested parts are kept for team drivers only!
What you find is Schumacher constantly fix the spec of a car long before they've finished testing it, then release a kit that is nothing like the car the team is using & that little gem came from someone who was one of the test drivers there for a long time

Take the SX when it first came out, they tested it for 18 months, fixed the spec 6 months into that period, so as soon as you got the kit, you needed to buy a load of bits to make it current spec.

Then the K1, "we've got an alloy chassis for this reason & this one", what happened? a month later, the team isn't using an alloy chassis at all & 2 optional chassis appeared.

Then there is the quality issues, I had a CAT3000, went through 5 sets of rear hub carriers just to find two that had the same toe-in, none of the others matched.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:57 AM   #150
Tech Adept

Quote:
What you find is Schumacher constantly fix the spec of a car long before they've finished testing it, then release a kit that is nothing like the car the team is using & that little gem came from someone who was one of the test drivers there for a long time

Take the SX when it first came out, they tested it for 18 months, fixed the spec 6 months into that period, so as soon as you got the kit, you needed to buy a load of bits to make it current spec.

Then the K1, "we've got an alloy chassis for this reason & this one", what happened? a month later, the team isn't using an alloy chassis at all & 2 optional chassis appeared.

Then there is the quality issues, I had a CAT3000, went through 5 sets of rear hub carriers just to find two that had the same toe-in, none of the others matched.
The SX was along time ago along with the Cat 3000, and I agree with that! But now its totally different.

Different story now tho. You wont be able to buy Lees parts, or Craggs, but with Schumacher they test a part and give people the option to buy it, I would rather have a manufacturer working for the Racer rather than the Team Driver.

Imagine going to a race with the standard car, then a team driver turning up with a different chassis, and the car handles much better, I would be gutted if I couldn't buy that part, these cars are just like prototypes always evolving, but with Schumacher you can buy the newest parts!

Honestly tho, give it a shot, the car is being worked on massively to get it good out the box, the hop ups should be for strength.