Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by draboyd19
Yep, that guy can really wheel a car, and he is uber competitive.

Should make for an interesting Reedy race next week, and I'm really glad Yokomo signed one of the best US drivers to run thier 1/10th stuff. Hopefully, we'll see some close up pictures and set-up sheets from his rides.....typically, he doesn't post to much set-up stuff, but we'll see.

Anyone know if Lee Martin will run the Reedy race next week?

Yes Lee flew over today. Expect a big Yokomo contingent testing in the run up to the Reedy Race.

I'm hoping Ryan will come to the next EOS R3 at Hudy arena early Feb.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by solly
Hes talking about this
Ah that's a very special sticker. You must keep it.

I ran it through Google translate a good while ago, but I can't recall what it actually said. It was supprisingly dull though.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by solly
Hes talking about this
That translates to a privacy protect seal. I thk its for putting uour registration details down and use that sticker on top so it doesn't show your details through the envelope.
LoL
Old 01-13-2017, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

That's too bad, I was hoping the sticker said some sort of "Welcome to the club you are now an official Samurai Yokomo RC Warrior" or something cool like that, lol.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by neallewis
Yes Lee flew over today. Expect a big Yokomo contingent testing in the run up to the Reedy Race.

I'm hoping Ryan will come to the next EOS R3 at Hudy arena early Feb.
Good deal - yeah saw on his Facebook page yesterday, Lee was setting sail from the UK. Between him and Ryan, should be a really great Reedy race to watch on Liverc next week. Pretty pumped.

Would be cool to see XRay or Yokomo win this thing for a change and mix it up.....I like Tebo as well, but Ryan, Tess and Lee should be right up there with Dakota and Ryan.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
Awesome for Yokomo! Its gonna be a fun year seeing some of the top drivers driving for something other than Losi and AE
Excited Maefield is with Yokomo as well. I agree that it would be nice to see other brands win other than TLR and AE. I will root for Tebo and Kyosho, but X-Ray, Yokomo, Schumacher, and Serpent deserve podium finishes as well.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

With Mayfield piloting a Yokomo, not only will the brand see podiums, but it will enjoy victories as well, especially in the 2WD category. This car is simply so well engineered it's beast!

I just hope the YZ-4 is developed more for outdoors so I can scoop one up to replace my SB401 and once again run the same brand in both categories.

Either way, in hands of a guy like Mayfield who can flat-out drive the way he does I wouldn't be surprised if he wins frequently in both 2WD and 4WD.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
With Mayfield piloting a Yokomo, not only will the brand see podiums, but it will enjoy victories as well, especially in the 2WD category. This car is simply so well engineered it's beast!

I just hope the YZ-4 is developed more for outdoors so I can scoop one up to replace my SB401 and once again run the same brand in both categories.

Either way, in hands of a guy like Mayfield who can flat-out drive the way he does I wouldn't be surprised if he wins frequently in both 2WD and 4WD.
Looks like Yok and the Yok team drivers have been making some mods on the YZ4. Hence the YZ2/YZ4 Facebook page has some interesting pics posted showing Lee's YZ4 having the servo centered on the chassis, in combination with longer center link, and it looks like the bell cranks are secured to the chassis with a wider stance as well as back a tad. Anyhow my YZ4 has been a beast on outdoor low bite dirt tracks, thus simply running 1s pan car style transverse has really planted it.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norse
Looks like Yok and the Yok team drivers have been making some mods on the YZ4. Hence the YZ2/YZ4 Facebook page has some interesting pics posted showing Lee's YZ4 having the servo centered on the chassis, in combination with longer center link, and it looks like the bell cranks are secured to the chassis with a wider stance as well as back a tad. Anyhow my YZ4 has been a beast on outdoor low bite dirt tracks, thus simply running 1s pan car style transverse has really planted it.
Part of that could be the because of the control tires for the Reedy Race. Many of the drivers are saying they don't have a good balance grip wise. Too much rear bite, not enough front bite / steering.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MX304
Part of that could be the because of the control tires for the Reedy Race. Many of the drivers are saying they don't have a good balance grip wise. Too much rear bite, not enough front bite / steering.
It looks like the control tire for the front tires of a 4WD Buggy is the Pro-Line Transistor. From my experience, this tire takes a while to break in, but once it does, it is really nice and consistent. Most of the people using this tire at my local track, SDRC, also remove the dust rings for better steering response. However, I don't believe you are able to modify the tire in any way as per the Reedy Race rules.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

*Courtesy of RCCA

Such a pretty sight. I Can't wait to see how this race goes!

MOmo
Old 01-13-2017, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Does anyone know what other thrust kits fit beside Bfast? Their website is down. Schelle maybe?
Old 01-14-2017, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Looking to buy a yz2 ca. Anybody know where I can get one??
Old 01-14-2017, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Looking to buy a yz2 ca. Anybody know where I can get one??
https://www.mibosport-yokomo.inshop....roturf-edition
Old 01-14-2017, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01D4...BaL&ref=plSrch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.