Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Outdrives have been sent out to get machined. Lets hope they are reduced to 10-12g a set.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Anyone know how the lit green rear spring compares to the xgear/Kyosho white?
Old 02-10-2015, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

I used associated white front and green rear springs. Worked great! My suspension is the same as my b5m. Same oil and Pistons
Old 02-10-2015, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveG28
Xgear/Kyosho white is softer than Yokomo Green
Old 02-10-2015, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So how is this car for everyone lately? Can you say it is faster or easier to drive faster than the old BMax2 MR?
Old 02-10-2015, 10:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
So how is this car for everyone lately? Can you say it is faster or easier to drive faster than the old BMax2 MR?
IMO it's better. I won't run a Bmax again unless I run a rear motor car. The adjustments the YZ has helps you tune for multiple surfaces. Steers much better than the Bmax2.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I for one am very impressed at how fast the car changes direction, even on my first night out with a less than perfect setup the car is ultra responsive.

About the only thing I am running into is trying to get the car under 20mm of ride height. I don't need much more (I usually run 19mm or 19mm Front/20mm Rear) but when I first showed at the track last week I was struggling to get under 22.

Our local track here is Astro, very high grip, fast and very tight technical layouts with larger jumps which forces us at time to setup under the 20mm mark. This is something that I would praise the BMax2 for as I could run 16 or 17mm and just be planted anywhere (given its additional weight).

I have contributed the ride height issue to my rear suspension toe / anti-squat setup as I was using Arrow Up & 1-H3 pills w/ 3.5 degrees of toe with both of the spacers under the front and rear mounts. And thru the night I changed to 2-H4 and the ride height issue became worse. I think all the toe and anti-squat was creating enough bind to keep the car from sitting-in any more than 21mm with that configuration.

After looking at the setups from EOS last week, I notice just about everyone has gone away from running the spacers underneath the rear suspension mounts, and are running "Arrow Down" configuration with 2-H4 pills at 3 Deg of toe and now can get ride height at 17-18mm.

Also contributing to this is the weight of the car, as I am trying to keep as much weight out of the car as I can ( lets put it this way, this car is 300Gr lighter than my B-Max2 without any weight added to it)
Old 02-11-2015, 04:57 AM
Tech Master

I have found this spreadsheet to be quite invaluable when comparing springs, PetitRC is full of allot of great information

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/BuggyBigBoreSpring.pdf
Old 02-11-2015, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

As I think I am the only one to do back to back comparison... My bmax2 was a full second faster than my YZ. I have a lot of time in my bmax2. I do have the yz front end on my bmax giving it some aspect the car was lacking. I do find the bmax has a LOT more rear traction than the yz. If you run on multiple surfaces ranging from low-high, I would recommend the bmax2 for the best performance on all the surfaces.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WillS
As I think I am the only one to do back to back comparison... My bmax2 was a full second faster than my YZ. I have a lot of time in my bmax2. I do have the yz front end on my bmax giving it some aspect the car was lacking. I do find the bmax has a LOT more rear traction than the yz. If you run on multiple surfaces ranging from low-high, I would recommend the bmax2 for the best performance on all the surfaces.
Have you tried using the YZ-2 rear arms on the BMax2? It looks like they are 2mm shorter.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Hi Will,

Which parts have you put on the Bmax2? Just the hubs/spindles or also arms and shock tower etc?

Interested as I will be keeping both to run and have 2 yz-2's, one for spares... So front bits can go on the bmax2 and some of the team are trying rear arms etc on the 4wd!

I am in be lucky situation that even if the yz-2 does not work on dirt all I move back to the UK and AstroTurf this year anyway! With the bmax2 the traction is great, I just find there is not consistently enough front end!
Old 02-11-2015, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Have you tried using the YZ-2 rear arms on the BMax2? It looks like they are 2mm shorter.
I have not tried the rear arms as of yet. They actually measure out to the same length. It could be a great option for someone who doesnt want to spend $30 on hubs and just upgrade to the YZ arms and hubs in the rear.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Hi Will,

Which parts have you put on the Bmax2? Just the hubs/spindles or also arms and shock tower etc?

Interested as I will be keeping both to run and have 2 yz-2's, one for spares... So front bits can go on the bmax2 and some of the team are trying rear arms etc on the 4wd!

I am in be lucky situation that even if the yz-2 does not work on dirt all I move back to the UK and AstroTurf this year anyway! With the bmax2 the traction is great, I just find there is not consistently enough front end!
There is a full write up of parts in the BMax2 thread. Check the first page out, we locate all the information on there so it can be found easily. As of right now the gullwings are only possible until an option for the shock tower allows for the flat arms to be used.

If you notice on Yokomo Europe they now claim the bmax4-iii stock rear arms to be 1mm longer option. They are also optioning the YZ shocks on the bmax4-iii. When the parts get here for the shocks I will be getting them to build up a set for my bmax4 and testing out the improvement that is said to come from them. I really would like to see an option for brass toe blocks. I will just have to wait until Yokomo Europe comes out with them or get a set machined.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

I have not tried the rear arms as of yet. They actually measure out to the same length. It could be a great option for someone who doesnt want to spend $30 on hubs and just upgrade to the YZ arms and hubs in the rear.
I need to ask, what has changed since Jan 26th when the arms were "a few mm shorter" than the ones on the B-Max2?

The Arms and bearing position are not the same. The arms are shorter by a few millimeters. This was last checked with a pair of calipers and hinge pins installed inner and outer.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

I have a comparison here. The top arm is from the YZ-2 and it is definitely shorter.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo YZ-2-image.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.