Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by neallewis
Not here. but shocks to rear, ball diff and it will be spot on.
thanks for mentioning that did not know the shocks where able to relocate to the rear, But after you said that i looked in the manual and on the last page what do you know rear shocks
Old 01-17-2015, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pumpkinfish
Will the B5m Schelle slipper system work? Also, what is the tuning difference for the rear shocks on the front or rear of arm? I've never seen this before so I'm confused what I should do. Finally, what are the kit pistons sizes? All I saw was 1,2 or 3. I have 3x1.4's and all the stock B5m pistons, can I use them?

Super excited to start mine, just not sure where to start setup wise for indoor clay.
At the moment the schelle nova will not fit the cars.

Someone already posted what the numbers are on the shock pistons. Any 12mm piston will fit. Just make sure to check for rocking on the shaft. As far as the shocks on the front or rear of the tower, I am unsure of the differences as no one has a true explanation of this. I have seen multiple theories, but just try it and find out. On the rear is said to provide more rear traction.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
thanks for mentioning that did not know the shocks where able to relocate to the rear, But after you said that i looked in the manual and on the last page what do you know rear shocks
What's the purpose of having the rear shocks inboard as opposed to out side mounting? Weight distribution?
Old 01-17-2015, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If any of you have run the Yokomo 4wd you would know that the shock in the front or rear of the tower is a huge tuning tool. My rule of thumb is tracks with a bunch on 180's shocks in the front are best. A track with flowing sweepers shocks to the rear are better IMO. This is how I approach tracks with my wheeler and will be doing the same with the YZ. It takes minutes to switch it around.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

+1 ^^^
Old 01-18-2015, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Pretty well what is posted above. When moving shocks to the rear,the car becomes a little more stable and transfers weight slower when entering or going through a turn. It also will tend to help in rougher track conditions as well.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Since shocks to the rear helps with the rougher stuff, I'll start with shocks rear. Our indoor clay track is developing a few cracks and divots that upset the cars, my B5m is always being kicked around.

What about the stock kit springs? Are they good for carpet, clay? Build is starting today!
Old 01-18-2015, 09:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Pretty well what is posted above. When moving shocks to the rear,the car becomes a little more stable and transfers weight slower when entering or going through a turn. It also will tend to help in rougher track conditions as well.
Can anyone explain why this would be? Unless the leverage ratio changes, the shock doesn't "know" which side of the arm it's on. Same discussion happened around the Serpent 1/8 cars and no consensus was reached.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:04 AM
mes
Tech Elite

I'd assume that it has got something to do with the center of weight being shifted a little to the rear.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hara had it yesterday at OCRC looks good he also was running a prototype sWorkz 4x4 buggy
Old 01-18-2015, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mes
I'd assume that it has got something to do with the center of weight being shifted a little to the rear.
Yes exactly this.
I've not run mine shocks forward yet. I'll leave that for the astro or full carpet.

I've been on super slippy indoor gym floor today and the car was good once I'd got the right tyres on, first set weren't good.
I ended up running saddles and the orange rear spring, not the kit green.
Tons of drive, and also the car was awesome on the carpet strips we have.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Yes with shocks on rear side of the arms there is more weight to control and the leverage is different as well.but right now I want spare parts and everyone is sold out on arms. Also would anyone be in for a brass rear anti squat holder for the yz2 from rocket?
Old 01-18-2015, 12:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ProfessorX
Hara had it yesterday at OCRC looks good he also was running a prototype sWorkz 4x4 buggy
I'd expect to see a lot running it. Heard a rumour that Jorn Neumann will be, also Martin Bayer.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by neallewis
I'd expect to see a lot running it. Heard a rumour that Jorn Neumann will be, also Martin Bayer.
Bayer Re-signed with Xray this week so he'll not try it.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Yes with shocks on rear side of the arms there is more weight to control and the leverage is different as well.but right now I want spare parts and everyone is sold out on arms. Also would anyone be in for a brass rear anti squat holder for the yz2 from rocket?
I would

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.