R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-18-2017, 07:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

If you edit the page, please add your name and date prior to your addition. While an admin can view the history, this makes it easier for everyone to just check updates. We'll put the newest additions at the top

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

Print Wikipost

Like Tree74Likes

Old 06-21-2015, 07:25 PM   #1126
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood3705 View Post
It's in the back of the manual one of the last build pages. It's used to space back the rear tower on the transmission when running the shocks mounted on the back of the arms
Hollywood, thanks for the reply, I haven't been able to get on for ages.

On a side note, I have finished and run my car a number of times and it is absolutely amazing.
suchislife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:36 PM   #1127
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

I run at mainly indoor damp clay tracks, how does the YZ-2 compare to the B5M in these situations? Sold my B5M and am looking for a new ride this fall. Going to be running a mild mod motor, maybe 10.5 or 9.5t. Right now possible candidates are RB6, YZ-2, B5M lite, or 22 2.0. Thanks!
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:01 PM   #1128
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to wstuart

Ready for 17.5 and 13.5 at sdrc.....
Attached Thumbnails
Yokomo YZ-2-image.jpg  
Team El Cajon Hobbies
wstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:48 PM   #1129
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
I run at mainly indoor damp clay tracks, how does the YZ-2 compare to the B5M in these situations? Sold my B5M and am looking for a new ride this fall. Going to be running a mild mod motor, maybe 10.5 or 9.5t. Right now possible candidates are RB6, YZ-2, B5M lite, or 22 2.0. Thanks!
YZ2 kills the b5m on corner speed and any section of the track that requires weight transition, like a chicane. It suffers though on landing jumps - doesn't settle as fast as a b5m, and doesn't have as much forward bite on clay. If/when the indoor clay track I race is loose my cars are next to useless. If there is high bite - my cars are next to unbeatable.... If I can drive it..

That being said the car I think is a little harder to drive - I feel like the car is much faster than I can drive it. Sometimes I have trouble mentally keeping up with how quickly it responds. To me this is a much better feeling than thinking that I am pushing a car past its limits and over driving it - which is how I've usually felt in 1/10 off-road.
Team El Cajon Hobbies

Last edited by wstuart; 07-02-2015 at 08:50 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:53 AM   #1130
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstuart View Post
YZ2 kills the b5m on corner speed and any section of the track that requires weight transition, like a chicane. It suffers though on landing jumps - doesn't settle as fast as a b5m, and doesn't have as much forward bite on clay. If/when the indoor clay track I race is loose my cars are next to useless. If there is high bite - my cars are next to unbeatable.... If I can drive it..

That being said the car I think is a little harder to drive - I feel like the car is much faster than I can drive it. Sometimes I have trouble mentally keeping up with how quickly it responds. To me this is a much better feeling than thinking that I am pushing a car past its limits and over driving it - which is how I've usually felt in 1/10 off-road.
so this car keeps surprising me, I have to throw out some of what i just said:

I won the reedy race format at my track last night. The track had a new layout with very little grip. I am the only guy running Yokomo and I was the only guy with grip

my car was very easy to drive fast.
Team El Cajon Hobbies
Old 07-03-2015, 09:02 PM   #1131
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
so this car keeps surprising me, I have to throw out some of what i just said:

I won the reedy race format at my track last night. The track had a new layout with very little grip. I am the only guy running Yokomo and I was the only guy with grip

my car was very easy to drive fast.
Quote:

Thanks guys!
So far the YZ-2 is the front runner in my opinion right now. Going with a mild mod motor next year, maybe 9.5. Stock is just out of hand anymore!
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 03:33 AM   #1132
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Actually the car is a monster in stock right out of the box. With a good motor the right gearin right tires and a solid battery the car can be just about perfect. I actually had to add weight...like 40 grams to get leagal. Just throwing that out there
Old 07-04-2015, 09:38 AM   #1133
Tech Elite

Quote:
Actually the car is a monster in stock right out of the box. With a good motor the right gearin right tires and a solid battery the car can be just about perfect. I actually had to add weight...like 40 grams to get leagal. Just throwing that out there
+1
Team El Cajon Hobbies
Old 07-06-2015, 09:02 PM   #1134
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anybody know of some tougher ballcups that fit the studs and turnbuckles? I've bent two in the past couple weeks, drive error is the main cause lol
st.ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:28 AM   #1135
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to white03

For those trying to retro fit associated or losi ball diffs to the yz2, don't bother. Just buy the yokomo ball diff from amain. The yokomo ball diff is a very nice, high quality component which will be a direct fit. I just built mine with no issues and is very smooth.

Last edited by white03; 07-07-2015 at 06:41 AM.
white03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:18 PM   #1136
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

I've looked at a few setups and most people running 2+ anti-squat, yet most people on this thread are looking for more forward bite.

why not use 0 anti-squat?

I've mostly found in general 0 anti-squat to work the best in loose to medium traction conditions, as well as to tame steering off power!
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:41 PM   #1137
Tech Adept

Generally it's easier to get forward bite by adding anti squat then fine tuning the side bite with shocks and camber likes. When you run 0 anti squat you tend to limit yourself on what you can do compared to the reverse. Plus most who run this car in the states do it on indoor tracks. Which may be loose but not outdoor loose in most cases.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:31 AM   #1138

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Plus most who run this car in the states do it on indoor tracks. Which may be loose but not outdoor loose in most cases.
To expand, at most of the remaining US dirt/clay tracks, if you can't wheelie the length of the straightway, someone will almost immediately say, "The track is kinda loose today..."
MarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 04:40 PM   #1139
Tech Adept

Well indoor is still indoor in the midwest.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:43 PM   #1140
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

anyone have a good setup for a hard packed bumpy low traction track? I know tires, and speedo and slipper settings are important but looking for suspension setup. track is pretty technical and a med sized jumps.
madmikepags is offline   Reply With Quote