Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 04:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ncbeast
Thank You for the feedback I did the complete conversion myself .The arms and cvd's are a direct fit on the inner mounts I had to drill the yokomo hubs out to fit the larger associated hinge pins on the outer hubs. I have the T5 arms turned backwards on the back and drilled a hole to mount the shocks on the back. It uses all the stock shocks and shock towers from the YZ-2.The Sct wheels are kyosho offset rear and associated on the front the Stadium Trucks is associated front and rear they also have exotec 9mm hexes on the back it puts the truck to the roar legal max Sct width of 296mm maybe a little less with no tow or camber adjustments and Stadium Truck to 12.75 width under the 13" max for roar. As far as the body goes I had it painted by Larry Genova he does all my bodies to match you can find him on face book. The trucks drive just like the buggies and turn on a dime. I am thinking of selling the conversions but I have not decided yet. I would probably have people send me there buggy and I would complete the conversions and send them back if I do go that route.
NCBeast,

After driving a Kyosho RT6 all winter, I would want the quick change wheels/hubs. It is so convenient and makes things easier race day when you run multiple classes. Did you try the Kyosho arms? I was impressed with the Kyosho parts this winter and their durability. Pricing isn't too bad either.

Originally Posted by Dos Andos
Hi all
Does anyone know if rear brass hinge pin holders are available yet?
Cheers
They appear to be in stock here: http://www.mibosport.com/yokomo/yz-2/
Old 04-27-2015, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
That would be accurate. I know that everyone involved is trying to make the company about the products, not those who are involved.
What ever! I was not aware of anything. Just asking general info. Thought, I would get general answers. No harm intended to those involved I know nothing about. My thought once again was to give props to who ever designed the parts.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dos Andos
Hi all
Does anyone know if rear brass hinge pin holders are available yet?
Cheers
Rocket RC has the brass blocks available. Email him at [email protected]
Old 04-28-2015, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

My yz2 all ready. Off work today so decided to hide all the wires, capacitor and Transponder.

New foam piece coming Thursday as I've butchered it on the one side.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This is my first Yokomo since the original DogFighter about 1000 years ago:

I had been running the TLR22 for the past two years and I thought that car was pretty darn good on our high bite carpet track. I dropped the YZ-2 on the same layout with a general high bite setup and the thing was a second quicker per lap right from it's first battery. Bloody AWESOME!
Old 04-30-2015, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

Glad to see more people making the switch and loving the car. I have been talking to a lot of manufacturers to create a solid aftermarket for all the Yokomo line of cars. Always a good idea to post setup sheets so people have an idea of the complete setup and we can build a stronger community of support for the cars.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I got lucky with the setup, I went to Petitrc and found one of Shin's first setups and I haven't looked back

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/yokomo/...Arena20141227/
Old 05-01-2015, 01:31 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jake alton
What ever! I was not aware of anything. Just asking general info. Thought, I would get general answers. No harm intended to those involved I know nothing about. My thought once again was to give props to who ever designed the parts.
All good Jake! Nothing intended on our ends either sir.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Most of the time I bring up the Yz-2 I hear "oh the carpet car?" I run on a clay track and of the guys was thinking of getting the YZ-2. When we told another driver last night that was his first words.

I know peeps have been able to run this on clay. I was debating on this car and then my Tower Hobbies pre=order on the B5m-Lite went through.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Where can i order the factory Rc battery mount?
Old 05-03-2015, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Its looks like they currently are out of stock.
http://factory-rc.com/shop/index.php...&product_id=86
Old 05-03-2015, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

In stock the car is a monster.....even on loose dusty clay. The b5m light is a very nice car but don't count this one out or forget about it. I've had more fun with the yz2 than I've had with a car in a few years. It's actually fun to tinker and make the carpet car into a clay car.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

I've got my car dialed in, to the point of it being a lot of fun to drive! I'm on a medium bite clay with gold dirt webs. The difference between the YZ and B5M is th YZ is so much easier to drive and feels so much mor solid in all aspects! It's a breathe of fresh air over the b5m!
Old 05-03-2015, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

I just got my YZ2 built. I gotta say very nice quality car. My only gripe is the space (or lack there of) for the electronics. Looking at it, to use the battery foams with a shorty pack I'm going to have to mount the receiver on the servo. I'm using Trakpower system with Spektrum radio gear. The servo I'm using is a expert digital. Anyways looking forward to driving this car. I have to get some soldering and wiring done. After that it's all painting the body.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ive found im way faster on high bite carpet with the ball diff. Tried the geared on 2000wt last week and it felt like a different car, could not get it to settle out of corners, this last Fridays meet, back on the ball diff, car was amazing.
Seems to love a stiffer setting too, i ran 45wt front Black Yatabe, 40wt rear Purple Yatabe, 4mm spacers on the ackerman plate, rest of the set up, kit, car had tons of grip, im running the Bmax4 rear arms too and brass rear pivot blocks, was good enough for an A final quali and a 2nd place finish, my best yet, and im not too good in finals lol.

lee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.