Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Old 04-24-2015, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I just received some yz2 parts from Factory-RC...

Fit is great. You can actually tell a difference between flat and gullwing towers. The steering blocks have another hole for Ackerman changes. The battery brace is lengthened to prevent popping out on a hard casing and also made it to have infinite adjustment for the battery.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by WillS
I just received some yz2 parts from Factory-RC...

Fit is great. You can actually tell a difference between flat and gullwing towers. The steering blocks have another hole for Ackerman changes. The battery brace is lengthened to prevent popping out on a hard casing and also made it to have infinite adjustment for the battery.

Mo did a sweet job with those parts.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jake alton
Mo did a sweet job with those parts.
As far as I know, Mo did not design these parts.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default Yokomo YZ-2 Short Course and Stadium Truck conversion's

I thought I would share the Pics of My Yokomo YZ-2 Short Course and Stadium Truck Conversions. I had the chassis made from the same aluminum as the factory just extended it to make them the right length. They are exactly the same except for length. They use associated T5 arms, kyosho SC6 CVD's, new longer lunsford turnbuckles and some after market body mounts but other than that and a few small parts here and there they are all factory Yokomo YZ-2 parts. They do require a lot of time and testing but after my first race with each taking home the Win in both classes makes it all worth while.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo YZ-2-imag0476.jpg   Yokomo YZ-2-imag0477.jpg   Yokomo YZ-2-imag0484.jpg   Yokomo YZ-2-imag0485.jpg   Yokomo YZ-2-imag0513.jpg  

Old 04-26-2015, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ncbeast
I thought I would share the Pics of My Yokomo YZ-2 Short Course and Stadium Truck Conversions. I had the chassis made from the same aluminum as the factory just extended it to make them the right length. They are exactly the same except for length. They use associated T5 arms, kyosho SC6 CVD's, new longer lunsford turnbuckles and some after market body mounts but other than that and a few small parts here and there they are all factory Yokomo YZ-2 parts. They do require a lot of time and testing but after my first race with each taking home the Win in both classes makes it all worth while.
Nice work
Did you do the conversion or did you have someone do it for you? How does the truck handle compared to the buggy?
On a side note, I really like sct body paint job. I'm curious to know if you used black paint or dark orange for the stenciling and drop shadows.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by WillS
As far as I know, Mo did not design these parts.
Ok who designed these parts. I thought he was the one? He must be involved
With some one else? Enlighten me!
Old 04-26-2015, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Default Conversions

Nice job with the conversions! Just a couple of questions. So the other manufactures arms and dog bones where a correct fit? How about suspension? What shock toweres and what size shocks where used? Any problem with correct fitting? How about off set with wheels? Which wheels where used? Their had to a lot more involved? Thanks!
Old 04-26-2015, 09:18 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ok who designed these parts. I thought he was the one? He must be involved
With some one else? Enlighten me!
We have been very happy working with the notorious MO designer. Any design that he's had a part in is credited in the part description. Mo is a good friend and has been a great resource for Factory RC. We give him credit on any and all of his designs.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Thank You for the feedback I did the complete conversion myself .The arms and cvd's are a direct fit on the inner mounts I had to drill the yokomo hubs out to fit the larger associated hinge pins on the outer hubs. I have the T5 arms turned backwards on the back and drilled a hole to mount the shocks on the back. It uses all the stock shocks and shock towers from the YZ-2.The Sct wheels are kyosho offset rear and associated on the front the Stadium Trucks is associated front and rear they also have exotec 9mm hexes on the back it puts the truck to the roar legal max Sct width of 296mm maybe a little less with no tow or camber adjustments and Stadium Truck to 12.75 width under the 13" max for roar. As far as the body goes I had it painted by Larry Genova he does all my bodies to match you can find him on face book. The trucks drive just like the buggies and turn on a dime. I am thinking of selling the conversions but I have not decided yet. I would probably have people send me there buggy and I would complete the conversions and send them back if I do go that route.

Last edited by ncbeast; 04-26-2015 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:34 PM
Tech Adept

Hello all. I have reading this entire thread. After reading the review in Car Action, I just had to get 1 of these YZ-2 cars. I have been running a Durango dex210v2 for a while, which is a great car! So I just ordered a YZ-2 on Friday. Should be here this Friday. I'm really looking forward to the build. I'm going to put my TrakPower system out of my 210 in it with my Spektrum radio system. Can't wait.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
We have been very happy working with the notorious MO designer. Any design that he's had a part in is credited in the part description. Mo is a good friend and has been a great resource for Factory RC. We give him credit on any and all of his designs.
Thanks Randy! For some info! I guess I'm not aware of who is all part of Factory Rc! So I am guessing you are also apart of Factory RC.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Nice job with the conversions! Just a couple of questions. So the other manufactures arms and dog bones where a correct fit? How about suspension? What shock toweres and what size shocks where used? Any problem with correct fitting? How about off set with wheels? Which wheels where used? Their had to a lot more involved? Thanks!
This last week I was thinking about building an ST version and would like to hear the answers to these question as well.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default YZ2

Hey guys I have posted on the for sale thread my YZ-2 . I just don't have time to race it as much as I like . Check it out .
Old 04-26-2015, 10:10 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks Randy! For some info! I guess I'm not aware of who is all part of Factory Rc! So I am guessing you are also apart of Factory RC.
That would be accurate. I know that everyone involved is trying to make the company about the products, not those who are involved.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:15 AM
Tech Master

Hi all
Does anyone know if rear brass hinge pin holders are available yet?
Cheers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.