R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-10-2017, 01:11 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

If you edit the page, please add your name and date prior to your addition. While an admin can view the history, this makes it easier for everyone to just check updates. We'll put the newest additions at the top

Setup Sheets can be found here

Print Wikipost

Like Tree42Likes

Old 01-27-2015, 03:55 PM   #361
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Id sign a deal to this yz2 is deal! very impressive car.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:33 PM   #362
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrorush27 View Post
I will check on an eta in the morning for you guys. so i had an e-clip break on this car. does anyone know what size they are?? i can not find one to fit it.
2mm if anyone needs get some.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:04 PM   #363
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Just getting into my build, will be running relatively low grip dirt.mciuple of questions:

1. Rear springs wise do I want to stick wth kit green?
2. I assume max toe, is that inboard? Or are you guys running Ali 1 degree outboard blocks?
3. I see the alloy shock caps fit the new shocks... I have always wondered why you see sometimes the team guys use them, and other times the std plastic... Why would you run the std plastic shock caps?

Amy other setup pointers? Especially at the rear, should I go short camber link? Max antisquat?
Old 01-27-2015, 07:30 PM   #364
Tech Regular

Upgrade-rc should have chassis wraps for the yz-2 if u call in. The web site should b updated by next week to choose yz-2 chassis skins, but call in if you want it before hand.
chad bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 07:32 PM   #365
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WillS Send a message via Yahoo to WillS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad bradley View Post
Upgrade-rc should have chassis wraps for the yz-2 if u call in. The web site should b updated by next week to choose yz-2 chassis skins, but call in if you want it before hand.
GREAT NEWS!
Cheater Racing, Team Powers, Amain.com/Protek, Dialed RC Hobbies, Sweep Racing
WillS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:58 PM   #366
mes
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
Hi guys,

Just getting into my build, will be running relatively low grip dirt.mciuple of questions:

3. I see the alloy shock caps fit the new shocks... I have always wondered why you see sometimes the team guys use them, and other times the std plastic... Why would you run the std plastic shock caps?

On high-grip tracks you want the center of gravity as low as possible, that's why they came out with the ultra-lightweight motor"plate" for the B-Max2 series. When running in low-grip conditions, a higher CoG can be better to increase chassis roll and side bite. Frank Root mentions the mechanics of chassis roll in his latest 22T 2.0 video. I have not owned anything by Horizon since the awkward Losi Strike SCT (that was an accident, trust me!), but their videos are absolutely great.
mes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:56 AM   #367
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
Hi guys,

My understanding on this is that plastic shock caps are used in high grip situations as they make the car a little more forgiving to drive as they are more compliant. Titanium screws for the shock standoffs are used for the same reason. Take a look at the Yoke team cars from Yatabe for example. All using plastic shock caps. They switch to dirt and the alloy caps come out.

Shins car on astro:

Shins car on clay:

Last edited by ScottyP; 01-28-2015 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Add info
ScottyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:16 AM   #368
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillS View Post
GREAT NEWS!
Unfortunately Upgrade doesn't have permission or the vector file to do yokomo decals or add to your wrap .....
RCP Customs
rkhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:09 AM   #369
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default YZ-2 on the track

Finally got a practice day with the YZ-2. This buggy is amazing. The corner speed and steering are incredible. We run slicks with SXT 3.0 on CRC carpet. The track is high grip. I ran back to back with my B5M that is very good. I was able to shave .7 seconds a lap with the YZ-2. This is pretty amazing considering it was the first night with the car and I have been honing my carpet setup on the B5M for 6 months. Local super fast guy drove it and was able to match his best mod time of the night with my stock motored YZ-2.

Here is a facebook video I posted tonight:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153019315575349

I was running:
Yatabe Purple rears and black fronts with machined Yokomo 2 hole 1.6 pistons 37.5 Losi front and 30 Losi rear.
19mm ride height.
Battery forward.
Jconcept smoothies clay rears
Schumacher Low Profile yellow fronts made in to slicks

Old 01-29-2015, 06:37 AM   #370
Tech Initiate

I assume you use a additive to make those clay tires work on carpet.
Paultje040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:30 AM   #371

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paultje040 View Post
I assume you use a additive to make those clay tires work on carpet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Mckune View Post
We run slicks with SXT 3.0
IMO, that track was a bit better on more conventional carpet tires, aka Schumachers, but it's a multi-use track and the OnRoad guys whined about the carpet getting too fuzzy or something like that so to appease them and try to preserve the life of the carpet, slicks became the rule.
MarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:32 AM   #372
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
IMO, that track was a bit better on more conventional carpet tires, aka Schumachers, but it's a multi-use track and the OnRoad guys whined about the carpet getting too fuzzy or something like that so to appease both of them, slicks became the rule.
seems like many carpet tracks are going slicks. The spiked tires are too hbard on the ozite I guess. I run slicks on dirt....what is becoming of this hobby....
Old 01-29-2015, 08:50 AM   #373
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Mckune View Post
Finally got a practice day with the YZ-2. This buggy is amazing. The corner speed and steering are incredible. We run slicks with SXT 3.0 on CRC carpet. The track is high grip. I ran back to back with my B5M that is very good. I was able to shave .7 seconds a lap with the YZ-2. This is pretty amazing considering it was the first night with the car and I have been honing my carpet setup on the B5M for 6 months. Local super fast guy drove it and was able to match his best mod time of the night with my stock motored YZ-2.

I stopped by late last night and talked to Tanner and Ryan. Tanner was saying how fast that car was even in stock trim. Bummer I missed seeing it in person. Ryan showed me his car still in its build stage. His only complaint was the shock pistons, but overall, it sounds awesome.

Can't wait for Sat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
seems like many carpet tracks are going slicks. The spiked tires are too hbard on the ozite I guess. I run slicks on dirt....what is becoming of this hobby....
LOL, Whatever happened to STEP PINS and Holehots!

I think if it werent for the fact our track did double duty, OffRoad and Onroad, the tire selection would be different. Slicks seem to be a better compromise and with the layout staying the same, the onroad and offroad together lay down plenty of traction and build up a groove.

Mark, my car needs help. When are you heading up?

MOmo
"Im not a racer, but I play one on the Internet"
MOmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:50 AM   #374

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOmo View Post
I stopped by late last night and talked to Tanner and Ryan. Tanner was saying how fast that car was even in stock trim. Bummer I missed seeing it in person. Ryan showed me his car still in its build stage. His only complaint was the shock pistons, but overall, it sounds awesome.

Can't wait for Sat.

Mark, my car needs help. When are you heading up?

MOmo
Maybe tonight, def Saturday.
MarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:56 AM   #375
mes
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOmo View Post

LOL, Whatever happened to STEP PINS and Holehots!
Holeshots are still our go-to tire on dirt tracks in Germany, but I hope we'll have some Blockade 4WD front tires soon.
mes is offline   Reply With Quote