Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

MarkA is legit as they come as far as Yokomo is concerned. Wish I were still running it with him but I'm very happy running the platform I currently have. If I have a Yokomo question.......he's the guy I'm going to.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
MarkA is legit as they come as far as Yokomo is concerned. Wish I were still running it with him but I'm very happy running the platform I currently have. If I have a Yokomo question.......he's the guy I'm going to.
STNLST had a Yokomo once they first came out!
Old 11-17-2017, 10:22 AM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Yz2 DTM vs TLR 22 4.0 on medium bite clay? I've noticed the TLR jumps and lands way better than b6, Rb6.6, and Xb2. Night and day. But only on clay. Don't notice a big difference on carpet. In any event, always liked the Yokomo brand, drivers. Just seem like good helpful people when I see them at big races and I'd like to support that. Just drive the TLR, as Im much more consistent with it than the aforementioned. Anyone contrast the Yz2 DTM vs TLR 22 4.0 on medium bite clay such as the Reedy Race OCRC track? thx
Old 11-18-2017, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAE
Yz2 DTM vs TLR 22 4.0 on medium bite clay? I've noticed the TLR jumps and lands way better than b6, Rb6.6, and Xb2. Night and day. But only on clay. Don't notice a big difference on carpet. In any event, always liked the Yokomo brand, drivers. Just seem like good helpful people when I see them at big races and I'd like to support that. Just drive the TLR, as Im much more consistent with it than the aforementioned. Anyone contrast the Yz2 DTM vs TLR 22 4.0 on medium bite clay such as the Reedy Race OCRC track? thx
Ask Thayer or Nick B if they can describe the differences. Team or not they'll tell you accurately what they think.

Nick B really loves the quality compared to the AE, but I'm sure he can provide other insights.
Old 11-18-2017, 11:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JAE
I was much more consistant with my losi car but im a LOT faster with my yz2 and can push harder. The losi jumps and drives very nice on clay but its not as good on carpet tracks. The losi car is much better if you tend to overdrive as its a little more forgiving to aggressive driving. The yokomo is smoother and holds more corner speed. Setups wise you have a crazy amount of fine adjustments on the yokomo, especially with the new rear hubs on the dtm. There are multiple rear arm sizes as well as gull and flat front arms/towers which the losi does not provide. Gearbox height shims are avaliable with a new rear tower that keeps suspension geometry the same.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gokarter64
I was much more consistant with my losi car but im a LOT faster with my yz2 and can push harder. The losi jumps and drives very nice on clay but its not as good on carpet tracks. The losi car is much better if you tend to overdrive as its a little more forgiving to aggressive driving. The yokomo is smoother and holds more corner speed. Setups wise you have a crazy amount of fine adjustments on the yokomo, especially with the new rear hubs on the dtm. There are multiple rear arm sizes as well as gull and flat front arms/towers which the losi does not provide. Gearbox height shims are avaliable with a new rear tower that keeps suspension geometry the same.
To me having gone back and forth between Yokomo, TLR, AE, Kyosho and Yokomo over the past few months (froma YZ-2 CA to RB6.6 to B6 to a 22 4.0, and now back to the DTM) was how lazy I felt the TLR car was. Probably had to do with weight, but I feel the yokomo gets up to speed faster with a lockput in 17.5 then the TLR car does. This was with he same tuned fresh Orion Ultimate Stock pulling 6 amps. I also noticed it didn't take me as long to find the "golden setup" I needed to stay consistent in the top 5 at my local track. I agree with Nick Black that the parts quality is head and shoulders above the AE, and TLR car, those new TLR diffs are not all that great anymore, dont know what changed, but I would set mine up perfectly, and maybe get a month out of them, if I was lucky. The Yokomo diff has held up in both stock and mod for 2 months since buying the car, and it still feels like it did when I first built it. This is on a very high grip clay track running Primes, or Octagons.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

2nd Race on carpet tq and win 17.5 .....car is just so good ..
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo YZ-2-10192017183514.jpg  
jpcopeland1 and JRSlash like this.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Just got back into racing. Second race on carpet and took third in sportsman stock running a near box stock YZ2-CA.
Cain likes this.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Personally for me, recently switching to Yokomo was very simple and I explained this to someone just the other night on Facebook.

Theoretically, for the sake of argument lol... the B5M and the original YZ-2 came out at roughly the same time.

For a relatively low amount of money (probably $125 if I figure it up) I was able to take my used YZ I bought and bring it up to the same car they were running at the Worlds minus the unobtainable new stuff and a few bling items.

To do that with the Associated I have sitting here.. well actually it couldn't even be done. You'd have to buy a next gen kit, plus spend the money I did to bring the B6D up to the premiere car in Worlds trim.

I was 100% AE until I had my YZ in my hands, now I won't change to another brand.
cjm_2008 likes this.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by iDesign5
Personally for me, recently switching to Yokomo was very simple and I explained this to someone just the other night on Facebook.

Theoretically, for the sake of argument lol... the B5M and the original YZ-2 came out at roughly the same time.

For a relatively low amount of money (probably $125 if I figure it up) I was able to take my used YZ I bought and bring it up to the same car they were running at the Worlds minus the unobtainable new stuff and a few bling items.

To do that with the Associated I have sitting here.. well actually it couldn't even be done. You'd have to buy a next gen kit, plus spend the money I did to bring the B6D up to the premiere car in Worlds trim.

I was 100% AE until I had my YZ in my hands, now I won't change to another brand.
I feel the same way. To get the B6 near Yokomo goodness you have to put a ton of money into it, ending up costing about $120.00 more then what comes in the box of the YZ-2. The new YZ-2 arms look super stout, the upcoming wider rear pivots, and CVD's will make it even more stable on lower grip surfaces then it already is. Yokomo listens to it's drivers and makes the necessary changes to make a competitive car. Other companies wait for others to fix issues with their products.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
Just got back into racing. Second race on carpet and took third in sportsman stock running a near box stock YZ2-CA.
Which track did you hit up? I want to do more carpet racing, but it's a toss up between San Diego, or Santa Clarita. I run my BD8 on carpet, but more of an off road guy.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JsK
Front sway bar does wonders for the twitchy steering. Front and rear bars
really calm the car down on carpet/astro
I was thinking on trying sway bars. I run on high grip astro. Anyone else have any experience using sway bars?
Old 11-21-2017, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mononga
I was thinking on trying sway bars. I run on high grip astro. Anyone else have any experience using sway bars?
Front swaybar on super high grip clay settled down the steering for me. Running slicks, car feels like its on a slot car course. So I would assume it would be the same for carpet/astro.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Does anyone know of a vendor who makes a 75 gram under lipo weight here in the US? I don't feel like importing one from Mibosport. I will if I have to, but would rather support a US manufacturer for it.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Run the Yokomo 25g one that keys into the center slot and then either a single 50g or two of the Yoke 25g side-by-side to get to 75g. That will be both the cheapest and thinnest way to get 75g under the battery.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.