R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-10-2017, 01:11 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

If you edit the page, please add your name and date prior to your addition. While an admin can view the history, this makes it easier for everyone to just check updates. We'll put the newest additions at the top

Setup Sheets can be found here

Print Wikipost

Like Tree39Likes

Old 01-19-2015, 08:36 PM   #226
Tech Rookie

Man I can't wait for mine to get here too..My first Yok so I'll be back soon asking questions....lol
FTiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:32 PM   #227
mes
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOmo View Post

So this brings up a good question for those who have the new YZ2 as well and the prev. versions.

-Are you starting with your prior working setup?
*it may be too soon to tell, but are you having to deviate much with the new car?
-Again, it still might be too new, but is anyone finding any neg. with this car over the prev. versions? Overall is this a better car that would make them replace the prev. version with YZ2?

-I plan to dedicate my Carpet action to the YZ2. My Bmax2MR is relegated to Dirt duty. Curious if others who have mult. track surfaces are planning to run separate cars, or are you seeing this car slowly taking the place of the Bmax2?

Can't wait to get one!

MOmo
I used to have an original B-Max2 V2, which I sold after switching to a VBC Firebolt. The FBolt has worked better for me on ("real" PL Holeshot) dirt than the B-Max2 MR with plastic chassis in RM configuration. As I mainly race on astroturf, I'll get a YZ-2 for sure and probably keep the Firebolt and install a carbon fiber chassis for even better handling on dirt.
If Yokomo comes out with a dirt-specific B-Max2 kit (flexible chassis, ball diff) sometime in the future, I'd probably get one and try it in MM configuration as I am a Yokomo guy by heart. Until then, the Firebolt will be more than up to the task for three or four meetings on dirt this year.
mes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:10 PM   #228
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
I used to have an original B-Max2 V2, which I sold after switching to a VBC Firebolt. The FBolt has worked better for me on ("real" PL Holeshot) dirt than the B-Max2 MR with plastic chassis in RM configuration. As I mainly race on astroturf, I'll get a YZ-2 for sure and probably keep the Firebolt and install a carbon fiber chassis for even better handling on dirt.
If Yokomo comes out with a dirt-specific B-Max2 kit (flexible chassis, ball diff) sometime in the future, I'd probably get one and try it in MM configuration as I am a Yokomo guy by heart. Until then, the Firebolt will be more than up to the task for three or four meetings on dirt this year.
The current bmax line works in the dirt. The plastic chassis can be installed and give you the flex you are looking for.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:54 AM   #229
mes
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
The current bmax line works in the dirt. The plastic chassis can be installed and give you the flex you are looking for.
Sure, but current ft kits are not focused on dirt and including the plastic chassis and ball diff will be close to if not beyond the 400 euro margin. That is more than I am willing to pay for a car that I' d only use three or four times a year, especially considering I only sold one a few months ago...
Now I'll have to get a yz-2 first, which will hopefully see the track much more often!
mes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:39 AM   #230
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuse6969 View Post
I also ended up with saddles with pink springs in front and orange in rear. This was a medium bite clay indoor track. Buggy is very light so running saddles or square pack makes sense. Extra voltage is great for stock racing, my buggy still had great punch at 7min.
Where did you get the pink and orange springs? Amain is still out of stock

I'll post pictures tonight, but I was impressed the buggy weighs 130g less than my B5m with all electrics and tires installed.
pumpkinfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:00 AM   #231
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 309 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinfish View Post
Where did you get the pink and orange springs? Amain is still out of stock

I'll post pictures tonight, but I was impressed the buggy weighs 130g less than my B5m with all electrics and tires installed.
Mines is at 1506 RTR, lighter than my 17.5 22 2.0 with pucks, -2.5 chassis and other light weight stuff.
Mercenary Racer
jmoneym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:06 AM   #232
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoneym View Post
Mines is at 1506 RTR, lighter than my 17.5 22 2.0 with pucks, -2.5 chassis and other light weight stuff.
have you run it on dirt yet?
Old 01-20-2015, 09:29 AM   #233
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
have you run it on dirt yet?
Going to run today on small indoor clay track.
Mercenary Racer
Old 01-20-2015, 09:30 AM   #234
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Going to run today on small indoor clay track.
cool. I race at SRS, where we run clay slicks. I am curious if this car will be a good high bite clay car. it is very sexy
Old 01-20-2015, 09:31 AM   #235
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WillS Send a message via Yahoo to WillS

Quote:
Lucky RTR I am 1446... only Titanium on the car is the turnbuckles...
Cheater Racing, Team Powers, Amain.com/Protek, Dialed RC Hobbies, Sweep Racing
WillS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:32 AM   #236
Tech Prophet

I dont see how the car is so light. The alum chassis is pretty wide like the b5m.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:33 AM   #237
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WillS Send a message via Yahoo to WillS

Quote:
cool. I race at SRS, where we run clay slicks. I am curious if this car will be a good high bite clay car. it is very sexy
Shin, Hara and Lee Martin have already informed that the car works extremely well down to a med bite clay track. You will not go wrong buying the car. With Reedy coming up, expect to see this car in the A in more than one position...
Cheater Racing, Team Powers, Amain.com/Protek, Dialed RC Hobbies, Sweep Racing
WillS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:38 AM   #238
Tech Prophet

you know, I have never owned a Yok. Always wanted to back when AE drove the yok 4wd buggy and masami raced. If I get one, I will keep my B5M as a backup, in case I break. since no one has parts. I will be watching this car for sure.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:39 AM   #239
Tech Champion

Quote:
Will say it's worth the price considering what you get. Do this to a B5M your over the price wise and don't even talk about RB6. I know it's carpet built in mine but hoping performs on dirt.

The previous posted video is promising.
Mercenary Racer
Old 01-20-2015, 09:54 AM   #240
Tech Prophet

Yeah, honestly, if it is box stock that light, it already saves you a ton over the B5M. I dont even want to think about what I spent to make it how a fat pig, lol. If MIP makes pucks for this.....it will be WAY under weight though. I guess we can always strap on lead or brass. brass rear suspension holders might be the ticket for dirt