Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 12:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

I can't believe how light the DT is.. Wow.
Old 07-31-2016, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
I can't believe how light the DT is.. Wow.
Yup, it is a light car. My car weights 1510g and I had to add 85g of weight. 1x 25g Yokomo pocket weight in the chassis and 60g of JC weights on my thin shorty pack (30g on each long side). Car is dialed though!
Old 08-01-2016, 12:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Overall I love the Yokomo YZ2, but here in the USA, Amain is the only people that carry the Yokomo like of products and I have noticed as of the last week, replacement have gone up drastically from Amain. Bodies went up $8, plastics like arms went up almost $2, and I wont even say how much aluminum parts increased. I order from Amain every couple weeks and this week it shocked me.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cclifton
Overall I love the Yokomo YZ2, but here in the USA, Amain is the only people that carry the Yokomo like of products and I have noticed as of the last week, replacement have gone up drastically from Amain. Bodies went up $8, plastics like arms went up almost $2, and I wont even say how much aluminum parts increased. I order from Amain every couple weeks and this week it shocked me.
Yup, I noticed the price increases as well. I just label it the "JDM Tax" and place the order. Running Kyosho got me used to the increased prices over other brands. It is kind of a trade off as if you run AE, you end up getting tempted to buy hop-ups from all the aftermarket vendors. I keep Excel spreadsheets on each car that I have run and when I compared the running costs of the AE B5M vs the Kyosho SC6, they are quite similar. One of the reasons I got the Yokomo YZ2 DT instead of the AE B6 is because I want to avoid the aftermarket temptation that is most prominent on the AE cars. Now, there is only a limited number of manufacturers/vendors to deal with and since it is all OEM parts, the fit and finish will be perfect.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cclifton
Yokomo parts are great quality and don't wear quickly like a cheaper brand like AE. I was replacing worn out plastics
Every other month. Have run my DT for 3 months now and haven't broken any parts. Only issue I have had is the frt bumper screws backing out.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robbie_gtc
Yokomo parts are great quality and don't wear quickly like a cheaper brand like AE. I was replacing worn out plastics
Every other month. Have run my DT for 3 months now and haven't broken any parts. Only issue I have had is the frt bumper screws backing out.

Same here, my screws slowly back out over time but other than that nothing has broke in the pass few months. Some hits you can't avoid tho lol
Old 08-01-2016, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Do you guys know if when I convert the yz2 to the CA version and use the yz4 rear arms I need these parts :
Z4-300SRR YZ-2CA/DT/YZ-4 Aluminum rear suspension mount (Rear/S4 suspension arm)
Z2-300RF2 YZ-2CA/DT/YZ-4 Aluminum rear suspention mount (Front/with spacer)
?

I understand that you need the 62mm rear dog bones to compensate the yz4 arm length (presumably 1.5mm longer each side). Looking at the manual it seems you need both rear suspension mount but it isn't quoted as new parts on the CA kits advertisement. Otherwise it would mean a 3mm wider trackwidth and also longer camber links (in the manual they're both 29.5mm long).

Also do you recommend upgrading to the front red yas-800 spring and the rear green yas-1050 springs ?

Many thanks in advance.
Old 08-01-2016, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by shannow
Do you guys know if when I convert the yz2 to the CA version and use the yz4 rear arms I need these parts :
Z4-300SRR YZ-2CA/DT/YZ-4 Aluminum rear suspension mount (Rear/S4 suspension arm)
Z2-300RF2 YZ-2CA/DT/YZ-4 Aluminum rear suspention mount (Front/with spacer)
?

I understand that you need the 62mm rear dog bones to compensate the yz4 arm length (presumably 1.5mm longer each side). Looking at the manual it seems you need both rear suspension mount but it isn't quoted as new parts on the CA kits advertisement. Otherwise it would mean a 3mm wider trackwidth and also longer camber links (in the manual they're both 29.5mm long).

Also do you recommend upgrading to the front red yas-800 spring and the rear green yas-1050 springs ?

Many thanks in advance.
The YZ-4 (S4) arms will give wider track width, this is the aim. With standard yz-2 arms the rear is much narrower than the front.

The new CA/DT chassis is slightly narrower at the rear as well. To fit the S4 arms to an original YZ-2, the arms need grinding or it will rub the chassis. Or just run the Bmax4 arms (I'm not sure how the length compares to the S4)

On carpet, I'm running those yatabe springs. Also look at the machined pistons if you don't have them. 2x1.6 front, 2x1.7 rear.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Will27
The YZ-4 (S4) arms will give wider track width, this is the aim. With standard yz-2 arms the rear is much narrower than the front.

The new CA/DT chassis is slightly narrower at the rear as well. To fit the S4 arms to an original YZ-2, the arms need grinding or it will rub the chassis. Or just run the Bmax4 arms (I'm not sure how the length compares to the S4)

On carpet, I'm running those yatabe springs. Also look at the machined pistons if you don't have them. 2x1.6 front, 2x1.7 rear.
Thanks for the quick reply !
I already have the machined pistons 2x1.6 ft and 2x1.7rr .
So it is indeed for the track rear width only ? I was wondering if they goofed in the manual as they kept the rear camber link the same (29.5mm) so it means if you stand by the carpet edition manual's rear camber link length you must have an awful lot of camber ?

In fact I just discovered the proof that you're right in the dirt manual as it has the same rear suspension mounts as the carpet edition but with the standard yz2 arms .

It's a relief as these mounts are expensive !

Do you recommend anything else for carpet use only and maybe a couple of race on astro ? Gullwing are a plus ?

Thanks again
Old 08-02-2016, 02:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rbk1115
Yup, I noticed the price increases as well. I just label it the "JDM Tax" and place the order. Running Kyosho got me used to the increased prices over other brands. It is kind of a trade off as if you run AE, you end up getting tempted to buy hop-ups from all the aftermarket vendors. I keep Excel spreadsheets on each car that I have run and when I compared the running costs of the AE B5M vs the Kyosho SC6, they are quite similar. One of the reasons I got the Yokomo YZ2 DT instead of the AE B6 is because I want to avoid the aftermarket temptation that is most prominent on the AE cars. Now, there is only a limited number of manufacturers/vendors to deal with and since it is all OEM parts, the fit and finish will be perfect.
Check out rc-race-and-drift-japan.com Good guy, ships fast and parts are cheap! I used a-main untill I found them.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by brokenmoto
Check out rc-race-and-drift-japan.com Good guy, ships fast and parts are cheap! I used a-main untill I found them.
+1 on that! Dealt with them several times and always went smoothly. Plus, if you want something not on their site (or listed out of stock) just drop them an email and they will try to get it for you.

Martin Paradis
Old 08-02-2016, 07:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yokomo europe is my Yok vendor of choice, he has a direct line to the factory, always has tons of stuff in stock, always has the hop ups first, makes some of his own hop ups, when you pre order a car you get a pretty cool car bag with your name on is, and overnight shipping on every order to the US is only 20 bucks. And the owner is a great guy to deal with. I always place my orders monday night (tues morn in czech) and I get my order on wed morn.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by brokenmoto
Thanks for the tip!
Old 08-02-2016, 08:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rhodopsine
+1 on that! Dealt with them several times and always went smoothly. Plus, if you want something not on their site (or listed out of stock) just drop them an email and they will try to get it for you.

Martin Paradis
Thanks for the tip!
Old 08-02-2016, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by madmikepags
yokomo europe is my Yok vendor of choice, he has a direct line to the factory, always has tons of stuff in stock, always has the hop ups first, makes some of his own hop ups, when you pre order a car you get a pretty cool car bag with your name on is, and overnight shipping on every order to the US is only 20 bucks. And the owner is a great guy to deal with. I always place my orders monday night (tues morn in czech) and I get my order on wed morn.
Thanks for the tip!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.