R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-10-2017, 01:11 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

If you edit the page, please add your name and date prior to your addition. While an admin can view the history, this makes it easier for everyone to just check updates. We'll put the newest additions at the top

Setup Sheets can be found here

Print Wikipost

Like Tree63Likes

Old 07-17-2016, 09:29 AM   #2326
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levelup View Post
Stock setup is decent. I recommend adding some weight under the battery getting red front springs and running a 19mm ride height. Gullwing front arms and gullwing shock tower are a must! I run 2 toe in vs the box's recommended 2.5 what turn motor are you gonna run? If you find the car needing more steering I can give ya a few tips on that.
Thanks for the help. Probably will run an 8.5.

**** "Luxury" ****
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 11:03 AM   #2327
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

How's everyone liking the Dirt car. Not many comments here on it. Also, haven't seen one for sale used here. Ever. Want to know some comparisons with xb2 dirt and b6d. I saw a yz2 dirt this weekend in the hands if a newer driver on outdoor wet dirt (holeshots and ribbed fronts). Looked great. Cornering exceptionally well and the driver liked it. Had sold his xb2 as he was frustrated with the out of he box setup and loved the yok dirt out of the box
JAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 04:43 PM   #2328
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAE View Post
How's everyone liking the Dirt car. Not many comments here on it. Also, haven't seen one for sale used here. Ever. Want to know some comparisons with xb2 dirt and b6d. I saw a yz2 dirt this weekend in the hands if a newer driver on outdoor wet dirt (holeshots and ribbed fronts). Looked great. Cornering exceptionally well and the driver liked it. Had sold his xb2 as he was frustrated with the out of he box setup and loved the yok dirt out of the box
I'm liking the DT so far. I came from a B5M and I find that the DT suits my driving style better. The DT has increased steering response, jumps better/flatter, has faster corner speed, etc. All positives in my book. I cannot compare it to the B6D as I have never driven one
Old 07-17-2016, 05:32 PM   #2329
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
I know of several for sale, let me know if you'd like their contact information.
Old 07-17-2016, 06:18 PM   #2330
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricW View Post
Thanks for the help. Probably will run an 8.5.
8.5 is perfect for this car that's what I run.
Levelup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 07:45 PM   #2331
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

After all the time and energy getting my Xray dialed I've decided to stick with it. Curious what the going price is though.thx for the info

QUOTE=Socket;14604901]I know of several for sale, let me know if you'd like their contact information.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by JAE; 07-17-2016 at 08:01 PM.
JAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:15 AM   #2332
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)

Quote:
AE basically stole the ideas it had to make the B6D, so you know its a good car. But with a much better starting setup.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:24 PM   #2333
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm working on my friends B5m... I test drive it... Then get my DT and go back on the track... It's like ah butter again.

DT>B5
KrAcOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:30 PM   #2334
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've found that my original YZ-2>than B5, anything really for outdoor dirt. If I were a top level driver thorns' doubt I'd win most races I enter because when I can drive flawlessly no one can touch my car. It's on rails and reruns superbly and jumps perfectly. In one race wherein was super loose I dialed in a tad more wing and my car was the only one not spinning out under braking and wouldn't lose the rear powering through faster corners/sections of track.

I'm going to order the SS RR hanger to see if it maintains the same performance as with my added brass bar. If not I intend to modify the tungsten weight kit I have to assist in bringing the rearmost weight bias back to where it is now.
WWW.TRICOUNTYHOBBIES.COM :: WWW.CRPPLUS.COM
the incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:12 AM   #2335
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've got the original yz2 and have recently put a 3 gear in it. My local carpet track is closing so the nearest tracks to me now are loose dirt and clay tracks. Would my yz2 go ok as it is or can I put a ball diff straight in, which would be better?
JPucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 01:42 PM   #2336
Tech Adept

so since i race on clay i want to get one of these but im not sure which way to go. i was thinking about getting the dirt edition and buying the carpet edition trans case set/ waterfall but i dont know what else i will need to finish the car? is there anything else different between the two cars? i already campaign a laydown 22 3.0 and its wicked fast in stock buggy.

basically what do i need to convert to the low profile transmission?

Last edited by gokarter64; 07-19-2016 at 02:59 PM.
gokarter64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 01:44 PM   #2337
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to motorfinger

I know that the shock towers are different. I think that is about it.
motorfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 01:47 PM   #2338
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to motorfinger

JPlucko, is it the first version of the yz2 you have? If so then it wouldn't work on loose dirt and it depends on the type of traction you would get with the clay. If you have the CA version then I would get the stuff to convert it to the DT car for the loose dirt conditions.
motorfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:56 PM   #2339
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorfinger View Post
I know that the shock towers are different. I think that is about it.
ok so the waterfall works between both cases? it looks like the battery brace is different too
gokarter64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:47 PM   #2340
Tech Rookie

Default Differences DT-CA

To Gokarter64 , just had a quick look in both manuals ,the following are different:

rear shock tower , wing mount , motor mount , waterfall (gearbox support) , gearbox halves , upper suspension arm mount . If you download the manuals there was a link a few pages back on Petitrc I think.

Good luck
sm77 is offline   Reply With Quote