R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-10-2017, 01:11 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

If you edit the page, please add your name and date prior to your addition. While an admin can view the history, this makes it easier for everyone to just check updates. We'll put the newest additions at the top

Setup Sheets can be found here

Print Wikipost

Like Tree63Likes

Old 04-26-2016, 06:04 AM   #2116
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glarke View Post
What effect does raising/lowering the front axle have guys? The adjustment you make by moving the spacer either to the to or bottom inside the c hub.
It's a change in droop without changing the stroke.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:23 AM   #2117
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
It's a change in droop without changing the stroke.
Your correct in saying it adds more droop, but in the end the effect offers more rear traction, longer time to accelerate foward, better bump and jump clearance. Lower the hub, shift the caster block foward, and rear hub foward which is pretty much a adjustment that I don't change, once it's set.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:06 PM   #2118
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to joeymdz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glarke View Post
What effect does raising/lowering the front axle have guys? The adjustment you make by moving the spacer either to the to or bottom inside the c hub.
Here ya go:
Attached Thumbnails
Yokomo YZ-2-axle.jpg  
Old 04-26-2016, 10:43 PM   #2119
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks guys
Glarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 04:06 PM   #2120
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the 4.3mm hexes on the front of the DT.
Airtronics MT-4
Hobbywing
rippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:13 PM   #2121

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippen View Post
Has anyone tried the 4.3mm hexes on the front of the DT.
I thought the front hexes remained at 4.3mm out of the box on both new cars? Did yours come with the 5.0mm ones?
MarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:33 PM   #2122
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just finished building my DT and I noticed on the shock caps when mounting to the car there is a lot of play. Is this normal on these cars? Its the same on both the plastic and alum. shock cap.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:03 AM   #2123
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Yep there's quite a bit of lateral movement when mounted and the nut is fully tight. No worries works great.

Desoto Racing, McFactory Motorsports, Team Trinity, Pro-Line/Protoform, Hobbywing North America/FalconSEKIDO, HRP Distributing, PTRC Racing, Ho B Max
Antimullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:12 AM   #2124
Tech Elite

Looks like the new Yokomo dirt and carpet cars are doing well enough to heavily influence the new Associated B6 dirt and carpet versions. Soon the AE fanboys will be claiming they are the greatest designs ever...

Though the designs and price point are both very good looking.

Desoto Racing, McFactory Motorsports, Team Trinity, Pro-Line/Protoform, Hobbywing North America/FalconSEKIDO, HRP Distributing, PTRC Racing, Ho B Max

Last edited by Antimullet; 04-29-2016 at 05:48 AM.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:31 AM   #2125
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
You need Red Yokomo front springs with 30 weight, AE white rear springs with 27.5 for your shock package, where are you shocks located? your over dampened with shock oil that thick not allowing the car to rotate and gain side traction. Didn't get fixed until I changed the location to the second to the most outer hole. Also what pistons? I am at 2X1.6 fronts, 2X1.7s in the rear. If your diff isn't barking, that's not the culprit. Also take out some steering by raising the front inner ballstud washer to 2mm, and get yourself a set of the 25gram weights for under the battery. Try those. I had to change very minimal things from box stock to get the car near perfect. Also are your tires well broken in? Electrons take a long time to come in fully, and have a narrow window of lasting. I would suggest if you can get a set of Microns, they come in quicker, but again don't last all that long before the foam becomes crap. For your diff setting, tighten it up until when you do the wheel flick test it rotates around 3/4 of a full turn. It doesn't need to be exact, if it rotates substantially more its too loose. Car is amazing and will do you well, just need to fix a couple of things.
Thanks for the suggestions, I did end up changing shock oil to 450cst and 350cst. I am running the stock pistons, so the yoke 1 in rear and 2 in front. It did come down to tire selection. I ended up changing from Clay Electrons to M4 Primes and this was all the difference, car was amazing. Still needs a little work but after missing the first qual and doing extremely bad in the second with bad tire, after putting on primes, I had really good 3rd qual but ended up EQ. However I did manage to bump all the way from the E-main to the A-main because the car was handling that good and ended up 7th overall, even though I finished 6th in both A1 and A2. Damn Tiebreakers. Anyway thanks for all the feed back.

Also I have a friend with a 3d printer and I came up with a drawing to replace the battery foam and it has a cutout in order to mount the ESC further back if anyone is interested. I will post a pic of it once he prints it out.
tripd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:58 AM   #2126
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Vs. Xray xb2

Can't seem to find anyone that has driven both. Can anyone draw a comparison dirt or carpet? Thx
JAE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:37 AM   #2127

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAE View Post
Can't seem to find anyone that has driven both. Can anyone draw a comparison dirt or carpet? Thx
Have driven both on turf - the XB2 is basically the YZ-2 with significantly less aggressive steering. That makes the Xray "better" in less experienced/shakier hands but seems to create a low ceiling for that car. In fact, the only Xray I ever drove that rotated well did so because the gear diff in it was basically empty at the time. In my area, people who went to an Xray from a AE/Schumacher/Losi all loved it, everyone who went to one from the Yokomo went back to Yokomo eventually. There's also the parts cost to consider when comparing the two cars - both are durable and high quality cars but whatever spares you will want to carry will cost you at least 40% more for the Xray's.
MarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:39 AM   #2128
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well Duh?

Didn't you get the memo about Hudy's "special"plastics? LOL

WWW.TRICOUNTYHOBBIES.COM :: WWW.CRPPLUS.COM
the incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:51 AM   #2129
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I've driven the dirt edition yok on the same track I run my xb2 dirt.

Hated every moment of it. Car scrubbed tons of speed, and didn't have the pop off the corner the xb2 and b5m do. It did jump very nicely, but I think some setup work it can be as good as the other cars.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:48 AM   #2130
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAE View Post
Check out the YZ2 facebook page. Lots a fellas identify the driving traits between the two there.