R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 08-10-2017, 01:11 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

If you edit the page, please add your name and date prior to your addition. While an admin can view the history, this makes it easier for everyone to just check updates. We'll put the newest additions at the top

Setup Sheets can be found here

Print Wikipost

Like Tree63Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2016, 08:20 AM   #2101
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundukian View Post
Does anyone know if you can convert your original Yz-2 to a 3 gear? do you have to drill any holes in the chassis? and what else is different on the CA? trying to figure out if its worth getting a new kit, Thanks
Upper right hand corner, there is a "search this thread" button. A few pages back someone broke down the differences in the kits. Basically, the CE and the DE have a different chassis from your car.
__________________
Best Avatar on rc-tech
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:29 AM   #2102
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montréal, Qc
Posts: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundukian View Post
Does anyone know if you can convert your original Yz-2 to a 3 gear? do you have to drill any holes in the chassis? and what else is different on the CA? trying to figure out if its worth getting a new kit, Thanks
Yes you can, and no you don't have to drill holes to fit the 3 gears carpet transmission. It's pretty much a direct fit. Same waterfall, screws right in.

Martin Paradis
rhodopsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:10 AM   #2103
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Royal Oak Michigan
Posts: 985
Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodopsine View Post
Yes you can, and no you don't have to drill holes to fit the 3 gears carpet transmission. It's pretty much a direct fit. Same waterfall, screws right in.

Martin Paradis
thanks guys, I guess I will just buy the 3 gear conversion when they are back in stock, only $30. other than that it sounds like the rear arm are just 1mm wider and I can work with that later
Fundukian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:14 AM   #2104
JAE
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,829
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Xb2 vs Yz2 Dirt

Anyone here driven both and care to share their differences on indoor clay? Thx
JAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:08 PM   #2105
Tech Addict
 
steam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buena Park
Posts: 559
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know what thrust bearing replacement I can use for the diff. I thought it might be Kyosho as I saw posted somewhere but the inner diameter is too small, OD was good though. So maybe AE or TLR, anyone know?
__________________
Yokomo YZ-2, Kyosho Ultima SC-R, RT5, Airtronics M12
steam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:55 PM   #2106
Tech Elite
 
the incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,974
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Look in the manual and then order them either from Avid or Boca Bearing as they tend to have most RC Bearings. Boca Bearing actually manufactures bearings so they'll likely be the best option.
__________________
ROB RIVERA
≈ PRS1 2014 :: SP Reventon Pro 1.1 :: Team Powers Plutonium17.5 ≈
≈ DEX410 :: SP Reventon Pro 1.1 :: Reedy Sonic 6.5T ≈
WWW.TRICOUNTYHOBBIES.COM :: WWW.CRPPLUS.COM
the incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 05:40 AM   #2107
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 301
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Hey there good Yokomo People, I just bought and build a YZ-2 DT and having a horrible problem. Basically when exiting a corner and get on power the car gets incredibly squirly and its almost uncontrollable. I am running pretty much everything stock settings, other than 40wt in front and 37.5 in rear. I am running on indoor wet clay with medium traction. Clay electrons are the tires im running, and had no issues with these on my bmax2, everyone else runs these as well with no issue. I am wondering if maybe my diff might be too loose? Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks
tripd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:08 AM   #2108
Tech Elite
 
the incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,974
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

If your diff is too loose it would bark and most likely won't be swirly because it cannot apply the power. However, you probably want to do the front end lift test to be sure it is set just right. For me, just righ means the front end lifts 5-6 inches as I hold the rear wheels, but I also adjust my slipper according to grip conditions which can make all the difference. I'd suggest a setting where the tires are slightly breaking loose from a standing start because once the car is moving momentum and weight should add enough downforce to make the car stick pretty well.

Keep in mind however that I run the original YZ-2.
__________________
ROB RIVERA
≈ PRS1 2014 :: SP Reventon Pro 1.1 :: Team Powers Plutonium17.5 ≈
≈ DEX410 :: SP Reventon Pro 1.1 :: Reedy Sonic 6.5T ≈
WWW.TRICOUNTYHOBBIES.COM :: WWW.CRPPLUS.COM
the incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:30 AM   #2109
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 301
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Thanks, the diff is not barking, I typically set my diff just loose enough not to bark. Are there a lot of differences in the yz2 and the new DT, other than 4 gear transmission? Also would tightening the diff make it want to straighten out when getting on power? Im also thinking I may need more rear toe in.
tripd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 01:01 PM   #2110
Tech Addict
 
steam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buena Park
Posts: 559
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Rear toe would be a good start, Stock is 3 degrees, might try 3.5
__________________
Yokomo YZ-2, Kyosho Ultima SC-R, RT5, Airtronics M12

Last edited by steam; 04-23-2016 at 06:34 PM.
steam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 06:25 PM   #2111
Tech Addict
 
steam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buena Park
Posts: 559
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Is Lee Martins actual reedy race set up anywhere, all I can find is pictures of his car?
__________________
Yokomo YZ-2, Kyosho Ultima SC-R, RT5, Airtronics M12
steam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:51 AM   #2112
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Anaheim Ca.
Posts: 3,888
Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steam View Post
Is Lee Martins actual reedy race set up anywhere, all I can find is pictures of his car?
Lee Martin ran the Ymax at Reedy Race, not the same car by a mile, they changed a bunch of geometry for the new cars, his setup wouldn't really work that well with the DT.
__________________
TLR 22T 3.0, TLR 22-4 2.0 , TLR 22 4.0 X2, 22SCT 3.0, Tekno SCT 4X4, Tekno EB48.4, Hobbywing, Futaba, LRH Hobbies, Spektrum Servos, iCharger.
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:53 AM   #2113
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Anaheim Ca.
Posts: 3,888
Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripd27 View Post
Hey there good Yokomo People, I just bought and build a YZ-2 DT and having a horrible problem. Basically when exiting a corner and get on power the car gets incredibly squirly and its almost uncontrollable. I am running pretty much everything stock settings, other than 40wt in front and 37.5 in rear. I am running on indoor wet clay with medium traction. Clay electrons are the tires im running, and had no issues with these on my bmax2, everyone else runs these as well with no issue. I am wondering if maybe my diff might be too loose? Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks
You need Red Yokomo front springs with 30 weight, AE white rear springs with 27.5 for your shock package, where are you shocks located? your over dampened with shock oil that thick not allowing the car to rotate and gain side traction. Didn't get fixed until I changed the location to the second to the most outer hole. Also what pistons? I am at 2X1.6 fronts, 2X1.7s in the rear. If your diff isn't barking, that's not the culprit. Also take out some steering by raising the front inner ballstud washer to 2mm, and get yourself a set of the 25gram weights for under the battery. Try those. I had to change very minimal things from box stock to get the car near perfect. Also are your tires well broken in? Electrons take a long time to come in fully, and have a narrow window of lasting. I would suggest if you can get a set of Microns, they come in quicker, but again don't last all that long before the foam becomes crap. For your diff setting, tighten it up until when you do the wheel flick test it rotates around 3/4 of a full turn. It doesn't need to be exact, if it rotates substantially more its too loose. Car is amazing and will do you well, just need to fix a couple of things.
__________________
TLR 22T 3.0, TLR 22-4 2.0 , TLR 22 4.0 X2, 22SCT 3.0, Tekno SCT 4X4, Tekno EB48.4, Hobbywing, Futaba, LRH Hobbies, Spektrum Servos, iCharger.
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:05 AM   #2114
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Anaheim Ca.
Posts: 3,888
Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the incubus View Post
If your diff is too loose it would bark and most likely won't be swirly because it cannot apply the power. However, you probably want to do the front end lift test to be sure it is set just right. For me, just righ means the front end lifts 5-6 inches as I hold the rear wheels, but I also adjust my slipper according to grip conditions which can make all the difference. I'd suggest a setting where the tires are slightly breaking loose from a standing start because once the car is moving momentum and weight should add enough downforce to make the car stick pretty well.

Keep in mind however that I run the original YZ-2.
His shock package is way off with the oil, since he didn't say what pistons he is running, it could be a lot worse, that thick and he is not rotating enough to gain rear side bite which is why the car is squirrelly.
__________________
TLR 22T 3.0, TLR 22-4 2.0 , TLR 22 4.0 X2, 22SCT 3.0, Tekno SCT 4X4, Tekno EB48.4, Hobbywing, Futaba, LRH Hobbies, Spektrum Servos, iCharger.
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 01:48 AM   #2115
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 177
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

What effect does raising/lowering the front axle have guys? The adjustment you make by moving the spacer either to the to or bottom inside the c hub.
Glarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:36 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net