R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 10-18-2017, 07:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

If you edit the page, please add your name and date prior to your addition. While an admin can view the history, this makes it easier for everyone to just check updates. We'll put the newest additions at the top

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

Print Wikipost

Like Tree105Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2016, 05:14 PM   #2041
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Anaheim Ca.
Posts: 3,969
Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAE View Post
Has anyone here driven the yZ-2, Xray xb2(ce&ode), and the b5m?

I'm curious to know the difference. Looking to get something different than my b5m and don't know which dorection to head. Usually drive at Ocrc and similar mid/high grip indoor clay tracks. Any help much appreciated! Thx
Car works fine with a few tweaks on high bite clay. The Dirt Spec should alleviate all rear bite issues some have with less then perfectly groomed high bite tracks. I stuck 30 grams under my gearbox on my YZ-2 "classic" and it's really good. As far as an all around car, I think the Dirt Spec will be better for US style tracks that aren't SRS, Coyote, etc.
__________________
TLR 22T 3.0, 2X Yokomo YZ-2 DTM, YZ-4 SF (please hurry), Mugen MBX7R Eco, Hobbywing, Futaba, LRH Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, iCharger.
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:03 PM   #2042
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 800
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

What set up are you guys using? My track is bumpy and medium grip... No where near smooth or high grip. Original car is great. I've had this thing out only a handful of times and I've tried a lot of different cars. The 3 gear is great for stock or super grip.
__________________
AE B6
AE B64
kerby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 03:06 AM   #2043
Tech Addict
 
steam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buena Park
Posts: 560
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I can't seem to find anything showing there is a difference between the CA and DT chassis.

Where does it say they are different?
__________________
Yokomo YZ-2, Kyosho Ultima SC-R, RT5, Airtronics M12
steam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:02 AM   #2044
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Anaheim Ca.
Posts: 3,969
Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steam View Post
I can't seem to find anything showing there is a difference between the CA and DT chassis.

Where does it say they are different?
All of the literature I have seen for the DT says the car has holes in a different spot to screw the waterfall brace into, much like the holes that had to be drilled to run the Ymax conversion. Makes sense since the whole transmission is closer to the rear shock tower. Mibosport has an updated parts list on the Yokomo YZ-2/YZ-4 Facebook page outlining the list of the updated parts (but no pictures as of yet).
__________________
TLR 22T 3.0, 2X Yokomo YZ-2 DTM, YZ-4 SF (please hurry), Mugen MBX7R Eco, Hobbywing, Futaba, LRH Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, iCharger.
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:03 AM   #2045
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: オランダ
Posts: 312
Default

Chassis for both cars is the same.
__________________
株式会社 ヨコモ
dennisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:10 AM   #2046
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,075
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steam View Post
I can't seem to find anything showing there is a difference between the CA and DT chassis.

Where does it say they are different?
The chassis is the same for the new CA and DT. It is not the same chassis as the original YZ-2.
MX304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:17 PM   #2047
Tech Initiate
 
biggerT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Birmingham (England)
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX304 View Post
The chassis is the same for the new CA and DT. It is not the same chassis as the original YZ-2.
new chassis has the same dimensions as the old one and just some extra holes for the DT waterfall. I'll be building my new CA onto my old chassis and keeping the old as a wet car with the DT gearbox as an option ,)
biggerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:24 PM   #2048
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Commerce Twp. MI
Posts: 661
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Well Mibosport has the YZ-2 DT and CA in stock

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...18443451,d.amc
__________________
Yokomo Bmax4 lll / YZ-2 DT / YZ-2 CA
Fantom Racing
Savox/Spektrum
Airtronics MT-4
Hobbywing
rippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:54 PM   #2049
Tech Elite
 
the incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,988
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

OK guys, sadly we got rained out this weekend and for some odd reason I ran a couple hot laps and all was good, but as soon as Q1 began, my diff was barkin' up a storm. Had to run it that way but it was tough to drive and was too inconsistent to do any better than 5th the first time out. Then I adjusted it perfectly but I did feel it beginning to get gritty but nothing too bad. Q2 started and I was off like bat out of hell and the car was magnificent!!! Was in 2nd place overall with a minute left to go and then someone lost it going into the hairpin after the straight and instead of waiting to get back not he racing line, he immediately took both he leader and myself out but 1st place was ok and came to a halt at the pipe but their contact shot the other car right into mine and I popped both front left turnbuckles. The marshal got them back on like a BOSS - WHOMEVER YOU ARE YOU ROCKED! - but by then I was almost a lap down and had to rip it up back through the field to finish 4th. Dialed does not begin to describe how well hooked up my YZ-2 was. This was on an outdoor dirt track and people asked what I had done to it and what motor I was running because I was fast. When I took it off, the diff was mega CrUncHy so I will be rebuilding it this week and will be installing the Mikune shim kit to see how much better this buggy can get.

One thing is for sure, I will not be looking at the dirt edition for some time, if at all. I contacted an aftermarket company to see if they'd look into producing a brass RR hanger because honestly, that's pretty much all I've done and it did the trick.
__________________
ROB RIVERA
≈ PRS1 2014 :: SP Reventon Pro 1.1 :: Team Powers Plutonium17.5 ≈
≈ DEX410 :: SP Reventon Pro 1.1 :: Reedy Sonic 6.5T ≈
WWW.TRICOUNTYHOBBIES.COM :: WWW.CRPPLUS.COM
the incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 05:08 PM   #2050
Tech Elite
 
hacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vic, Australia
Posts: 3,134
Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default

Exotek and yokomo do brass and steel RR hangers

Surprised your standard yz2 handled outdoor!

Mine was crap from the get go, added weight under motor didn't help much

Ymax conversion transformed my car
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 05:45 PM   #2051
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 171
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

i just picked up a used yz2 with the ymax conversion. it has the bmax rear suspension hanger at the front of the rear arm. does anyone know how the inserts in that hanger relate back to the yz2 manual for setting toe and anti squat?

this is the front hanger i have

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...300mrf/p250016

Last edited by steve_40; 04-04-2016 at 06:57 PM. Reason: added hanger
steve_40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 05:56 PM   #2052
Tech Elite
 
the incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,988
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Exotek only makes the RF hanger from what I know, and I've not seen a Yokomo RR hanger. I have the tungsten weights for under the motor as well as under the battery, but I found those didn't do much of anything in the way of reducing oversteer enough, so in the end they don't work.

I placed my old DEX410 side weights at the very rear of each side plate and I then hung a brass weight off the very rear just above the RR suspension Hanger end it planted my car really well. Adding the RF hanger would not do the trick as the weight needs to be as far back as possible to mimic the characteristics of a rear motor car while still maintaining the superior performance of a true mid motor laydown transmission car.

This car is so neutral that it simply wants to rotate just behind it center axis so placing light all the way towards the rear forces it down and slows the rotational pitch.

I had so much traction this weekend it looked like my outside tire was coming off the wheel on the fast turns. I might just have to resume my former do it yourself methodology I did when I was playing paintball and make my own aftermarket upgrades.

Tough thing is my old machinist from my paintball days is now making some of the finest components in all of Mar tough thing is my old machinist from my paintball days is now making some of the finest components in all of RC and you might not be interested in doing work for a competitor.
the incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:15 PM   #2053
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 800
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the incubus View Post
OK guys, sadly we got rained out this weekend and for some odd reason I ran a couple hot laps and all was good, but as soon as Q1 began, my diff was barkin' up a storm. Had to run it that way but it was tough to drive and was too inconsistent to do any better than 5th the first time out. Then I adjusted it perfectly but I did feel it beginning to get gritty but nothing too bad. Q2 started and I was off like bat out of hell and the car was magnificent!!! Was in 2nd place overall with a minute left to go and then someone lost it going into the hairpin after the straight and instead of waiting to get back not he racing line, he immediately took both he leader and myself out but 1st place was ok and came to a halt at the pipe but their contact shot the other car right into mine and I popped both front left turnbuckles. The marshal got them back on like a BOSS - WHOMEVER YOU ARE YOU ROCKED! - but by then I was almost a lap down and had to rip it up back through the field to finish 4th. Dialed does not begin to describe how well hooked up my YZ-2 was. This was on an outdoor dirt track and people asked what I had done to it and what motor I was running because I was fast. When I took it off, the diff was mega CrUncHy so I will be rebuilding it this week and will be installing the Mikune shim kit to see how much better this buggy can get.

One thing is for sure, I will not be looking at the dirt edition for some time, if at all. I contacted an aftermarket company to see if they'd look into producing a brass RR hanger because honestly, that's pretty much all I've done and it did the trick.
Exactly!! The car is great as is. The shim kit and 0.5 hubs is the ticket for mine on medium grip. Glad to see someone else having good luck with original YZ... Peeps probably though I was crazy.
__________________
AE B6
AE B64
kerby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:30 PM   #2054
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 5
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

What pinion and spur is a good starting point running a stock 17.5 reedy m3?
Med outdoor track?

Thanks
symodt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:49 PM   #2055
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Can someone explain how the receiver is mounted in their stock picture, please?

__________________
Best Avatar on rc-tech
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (0 members and 6 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:19 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net