R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-10-2017, 01:11 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

If you edit the page, please add your name and date prior to your addition. While an admin can view the history, this makes it easier for everyone to just check updates. We'll put the newest additions at the top

Setup Sheets can be found here

Print Wikipost

Like Tree63Likes

Old 01-17-2015, 07:30 PM   #181
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Not here. but shocks to rear, ball diff and it will be spot on.
thanks for mentioning that did not know the shocks where able to relocate to the rear, But after you said that i looked in the manual and on the last page what do you know rear shocks
Old 01-17-2015, 07:40 PM   #182
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WillS Send a message via Yahoo to WillS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinfish View Post
Will the B5m Schelle slipper system work? Also, what is the tuning difference for the rear shocks on the front or rear of arm? I've never seen this before so I'm confused what I should do. Finally, what are the kit pistons sizes? All I saw was 1,2 or 3. I have 3x1.4's and all the stock B5m pistons, can I use them?

Super excited to start mine, just not sure where to start setup wise for indoor clay.
At the moment the schelle nova will not fit the cars.

Someone already posted what the numbers are on the shock pistons. Any 12mm piston will fit. Just make sure to check for rocking on the shaft. As far as the shocks on the front or rear of the tower, I am unsure of the differences as no one has a true explanation of this. I have seen multiple theories, but just try it and find out. On the rear is said to provide more rear traction.
Cheater Racing, Team Powers, Amain.com/Protek, Dialed RC Hobbies/Soar
WillS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:15 PM   #183
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84 View Post
thanks for mentioning that did not know the shocks where able to relocate to the rear, But after you said that i looked in the manual and on the last page what do you know rear shocks
What's the purpose of having the rear shocks inboard as opposed to out side mounting? Weight distribution?
jake alton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:50 PM   #184
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If any of you have run the Yokomo 4wd you would know that the shock in the front or rear of the tower is a huge tuning tool. My rule of thumb is tracks with a bunch on 180's shocks in the front are best. A track with flowing sweepers shocks to the rear are better IMO. This is how I approach tracks with my wheeler and will be doing the same with the YZ. It takes minutes to switch it around.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:52 PM   #185
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to OldSkool

+1 ^^^
Old 01-18-2015, 05:03 AM   #186
Tech Elite

Pretty well what is posted above. When moving shocks to the rear,the car becomes a little more stable and transfers weight slower when entering or going through a turn. It also will tend to help in rougher track conditions as well.
Ultraspeed84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 05:35 AM   #187
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Since shocks to the rear helps with the rougher stuff, I'll start with shocks rear. Our indoor clay track is developing a few cracks and divots that upset the cars, my B5m is always being kicked around.

What about the stock kit springs? Are they good for carpet, clay? Build is starting today!
pumpkinfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:26 AM   #188
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Pretty well what is posted above. When moving shocks to the rear,the car becomes a little more stable and transfers weight slower when entering or going through a turn. It also will tend to help in rougher track conditions as well.
Can anyone explain why this would be? Unless the leverage ratio changes, the shock doesn't "know" which side of the arm it's on. Same discussion happened around the Serpent 1/8 cars and no consensus was reached.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 11:04 AM   #189
mes
Tech Fanatic

I'd assume that it has got something to do with the center of weight being shifted a little to the rear.
mes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 12:41 PM   #190
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hara had it yesterday at OCRC looks good he also was running a prototype sWorkz 4x4 buggy
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 12:46 PM   #191
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
I'd assume that it has got something to do with the center of weight being shifted a little to the rear.
Yes exactly this.
I've not run mine shocks forward yet. I'll leave that for the astro or full carpet.

I've been on super slippy indoor gym floor today and the car was good once I'd got the right tyres on, first set weren't good.
I ended up running saddles and the orange rear spring, not the kit green.
Tons of drive, and also the car was awesome on the carpet strips we have.
neallewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 12:54 PM   #192
Tech Elite

Yes with shocks on rear side of the arms there is more weight to control and the leverage is different as well.but right now I want spare parts and everyone is sold out on arms. Also would anyone be in for a brass rear anti squat holder for the yz2 from rocket?
Ultraspeed84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 12:56 PM   #193
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
Hara had it yesterday at OCRC looks good he also was running a prototype sWorkz 4x4 buggy
I'd expect to see a lot running it. Heard a rumour that Jorn Neumann will be, also Martin Bayer.
neallewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 02:15 PM   #194
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
I'd expect to see a lot running it. Heard a rumour that Jorn Neumann will be, also Martin Bayer.
Bayer Re-signed with Xray this week so he'll not try it.
sime46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 04:56 PM   #195
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 310 (100%+)

Quote:
Yes with shocks on rear side of the arms there is more weight to control and the leverage is different as well.but right now I want spare parts and everyone is sold out on arms. Also would anyone be in for a brass rear anti squat holder for the yz2 from rocket?
I would
Mercenary Racer
jmoneym is offline   Reply With Quote