Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Beaker151
Since most of the soldering is direct connection with no connectors the larger diameter wire has less resistantance if you soldering is good. Its the more solder points that creates resistance more so than wire diameter.
Yes that's what I'm saying.

However, because the wire is thicker, simply tinning the ends of your leads means you already have a greater area containing the more resistive solder. So even if your solder points are flawless, the greater area should mathematically yield greater resistance given both gauges of wire are soldered identically perfect.

Originally Posted by rhodopsine
I wish I had the patience (and the talent) to paint bodies like that! Let us know how the body holds up after a few races. I really like the shape of it.

Martin Paradis
If you really want to do it, you will more than likely be able to. its just a matter of deciding you are going to do it and apply yourself.

The most crucial element in painting lids like this is PROPER application of liquid. If you brush it on it is a thousand fold more difficult to cut your design than if you spray your liquid mask. On bodies this thin, it is imperative to have it sprayed on because you need the uniformity to KNOW when you've cut all the way through. With a brushed LM you will cut through most areas but will have to go back over some thicker portions and it can lead to overdoing it, leaving you with deeply scored portions that require little encouragement to snap/break. You can use a cheap $30 automotive spray gun from Harbor Freight to apply LM. Just lay down 3 solid coats all the way to the edges and allow to dry in between application. I use a blow drier to speed up the drying.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quick question on the running a Bmax transmission. Do you need a custom battery brace, or can you use the Bmax one?
Old 01-26-2016, 03:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Glarke
Quick question on the running a Bmax transmission. Do you need a custom battery brace, or can you use the Bmax one?
You need to use a different Battery Brace for a YZ-Max.
The BMax one is also too short, but some Aftermarket Manufacturers have already Released C/F Battery Braces specifically for it. Think MB Models Sell them!��
Old 01-26-2016, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

thicker wire = more resistance ?

your wrong buddy!
Old 01-26-2016, 09:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wacker1
You need to use a different Battery Brace for a YZ-Max.
The BMax one is also too short, but some Aftermarket Manufacturers have already Released C/F Battery Braces specifically for it. Think MB Models Sell them!��
Thanks
Old 01-26-2016, 09:31 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
I was taught (perhaps incorrectly) that thicker wire means larger solder points/joints which nullify the benefit of the thicker wire because solder creates more resistance than the wire itself. Smaller diameter wire may have greater resistance but it is so minimal that in the end, because of the reduction in overall size of the solder joints it means current will flow more freely and result in overall reduced resistance.

Is this incorrect?
Simply put, No it's not.

Larger wire provides more volume for power to flow. Look at resistance like water flowing. The larger the hose, the more water you can flow.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The most crucial element in painting lids like this is PROPER application of liquid. If you brush it on it is a thousand fold more difficult to cut your design than if you spray your liquid mask. On bodies this thin, it is imperative to have it sprayed on because you need the uniformity to KNOW when you've cut all the way through. With a brushed LM you will cut through most areas but will have to go back over some thicker portions and it can lead to overdoing it, leaving you with deeply scored portions that require little encouragement to snap/break. You can use a cheap $30 automotive spray gun from Harbor Freight to apply LM. Just lay down 3 solid coats all the way to the edges and allow to dry in between application. I use a blow drier to speed up the drying.
Good tip. I never would have thought to spray this stuff on. Do you thin it with anything first? Thanks.
Old 01-26-2016, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

If you really want to do it, you will more than likely be able to. its just a matter of deciding you are going to do it and apply yourself.

Good advice indeed! I guess it mostly comes down to me being very lazy... Thanks for the tip on LM, though... Always found that to be kind of anoying when you don't make a nice cut the first time because of uneven LM.

Martin Paradis
Old 01-26-2016, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pete48
Good tip. I never would have thought to spray this stuff on. Do you thin it with anything first? Thanks.
You can thin LM with water if you like. I did ¼ water ¾ LM initially and it helps with dry time but in the end you might need a 4th coat.

If you spray it straight from the bottle 3 good coats will be perfect, BUT you must make it a priority to put enough on the sides. Use too little and you will be hating life as it will be very difficult to remove, especially once paint is overlying it. You also want a fresh X-acto blade to cut your design and make sure you look at the design and cut the outermost section first or you will end up with additional trim lines where you don't want them. Drop shadows are the most difficult thing to learn but it's all in how much thinner you use and it should be 85% thinner and 15% color so it flows out of the brush with almost no pressure.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Simply put, No it's not.

Larger wire provides more volume for power to flow. Look at resistance like water flowing. The larger the hose, the more water you can flow.
But what happens if you install a Brita in that pipe??
Old 01-26-2016, 02:49 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

But what happens if you install a Brita in that pipe??
That's additional resistance Wise ass
Old 01-26-2016, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Precisely what I'm saying about solder in the mix.

Solder's conductivity is less that that of Copper & Silver wire, hence my questioning if what I was taught was correct or not.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Precisely what I'm saying about solder in the mix.

Solder's conductivity is less that that of Copper & Silver wire, hence my questioning if what I was taught was correct or not.
A bad solder joint hurts the connection, but the bigger wire and the resulting bigger solder mess still has lower impedance than the equivalent with smaller wire and solder mess. Assuming equal mess vs size.

If you can't solder, you'll have a harder time on bigger wire though, so it's still sensible to stick with smaller wire in that case. Plus, diminishing returns and all that vs. cost and weight and soldering difficulty.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

So when's Randy Pike going to post a pic of his YZ-2 with the 3 gear we saw at Reedy. Looks like they went back to the 4 gear BMax tranny chasing a bit more forward bite.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:42 AM
Tech Initiate

I just scooped up a bmaxx to try the transmission out..
Question about the yz-2 I see there is a shim kit to get the trans up higher, how much does this help also was thinking if I shim the trans higher why not clock the motor mount??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.