R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 10-18-2017, 07:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

If you edit the page, please add your name and date prior to your addition. While an admin can view the history, this makes it easier for everyone to just check updates. We'll put the newest additions at the top

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

Print Wikipost

Like Tree74Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2016, 07:58 PM   #1846
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: WNY
Posts: 8
Default

Need a little help. I looking for a little longer dogbanes for this car. I'm running bmax 2 shafts and in my modified suspension setup I'm running a little short, could use about 3 more mm to make it work. Any suggestions?
HOTROD716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:37 PM   #1847
Moderator
 
MarkA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 8,903
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

For those asking about the aluminum front castor blocks, they were just added at Amain: http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...2-413a/p481803
MarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 05:26 AM   #1848
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami Beach
Posts: 759
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
For those asking about the aluminum front castor blocks, they were just added at Amain: http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...2-413a/p481803
$41 yikes...... I got my entire car for $300 (new in box roller with body). I just got mine built for a small carpet track. I don't think I will hop it up for some time.....I have driven two other peoples cars and they felt great....
SouthFloridaApp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:43 AM   #1849
Moderator
 
MarkA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 8,903
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFloridaApp View Post
$41 yikes......
By comparison, at least this isn't an Xray branded car thread...

If you want a stiffer front block, the graphite ones will do that for $9; if you want them to be more "durable", the stock ones are a part I've seen one YZ-2 break once out of all of them running my area over the past year.
MarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:52 AM   #1850
Moderator
 
MarkA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 8,903
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROD716 View Post
Need a little help. I looking for a little longer dogbanes for this car. I'm running bmax 2 shafts and in my modified suspension setup I'm running a little short, could use about 3 more mm to make it work. Any suggestions?
The YZ-4 front ones are long, real long; would probably bind the drive cups on up travel but are the only Yoke ones longer than the Bmax2's that I'm aware of.
MarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 11:42 AM   #1851
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ashland city tn
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

disregard
rkhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 12:16 PM   #1852
Tech Apprentice
 
freakshow__'s Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 89
Default

I was the guy asking about the aluminum front blocks....Just ordered them the other day from A-main....funny huh? I asked about them and 3 days later they're up!
freakshow__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 09:56 PM   #1853
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: WNY
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
The YZ-4 front ones are long, real long; would probably bind the drive cups on up travel but are the only Yoke ones longer than the Bmax2's that I'm aware of.
I have tried those ones, and yes they are a little too long. I switched the wheel pin side for the rear and the dog bone was binding in the diff cup holder.
HOTROD716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 08:13 PM   #1854
Tech Elite
 
the incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,974
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys,

Finally made the time to paint my wife's Azarashi lid. I'd have used a different color on the front, but it looks pretty nice.










Tha fit is perfect but I will say I feel it is absurdly and unnecessarily too thin on the sides.
the incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 05:22 AM   #1855
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the incubus View Post
The Blue is 13AWG the Purple stuff is 14AWG.

Just looks thicker in the pics. 14 works perfectly fine for 1/10 but the best is 12-13 and 13 is the perfect happy medium. 10 is too much and likely is adding resistance to the system, but not all that much.
Actually it's the other way around, a cable with a larger cross sectional area have less resistance.


"Resistance in a wire can be defined as

R = ρL / A

where

ρ = resistivity
L = Length
A = cross sectional area

Thicker gauge wires have a larger A, and therefore the resistance of the wire decreases keeping everything else constant."
__________________
Sponsored by Maclan Racing
1:10 Xray XB4 - Viper VTX10R BE & VST 7.5 | 1:10 Yokomo YZ2 - Viper VTX10 & VST 8.5 | 1:8 HB Ve8 HHH - Viper VTX8
macke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:03 AM   #1856
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 61
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Incubus,

That paint job is incredible!! Working on mine. Thinking yellow/red/Orange in front, checkerboard stripe, fading into metallic purple in the back.
pete48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:08 AM   #1857
Tech Elite
 
the incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,974
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

I was taught (perhaps incorrectly) that thicker wire means larger solder points/joints which nullify the benefit of the thicker wire because solder creates more resistance than the wire itself. Smaller diameter wire may have greater resistance but it is so minimal that in the end, because of the reduction in overall size of the solder joints it means current will flow more freely and result in overall reduced resistance.

Is this incorrect?
__________________
ROB RIVERA
≈ PRS1 2014 :: SP Reventon Pro 1.1 :: Team Powers Plutonium17.5 ≈
≈ DEX410 :: SP Reventon Pro 1.1 :: Reedy Sonic 6.5T ≈
WWW.TRICOUNTYHOBBIES.COM :: WWW.CRPPLUS.COM
the incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:12 AM   #1858
Tech Elite
 
the incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,974
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete48 View Post
Incubus,

That paint job is incredible!! Working on mine. Thinking yellow/red/Orange in front, checkerboard stripe, fading into metallic purple in the back.
Thank you sir! Need to snap pics of it in the sunlight so the candy purple really pops.

For your red I would suggest Spastix Fire Red if you want a really bright red.
__________________
ROB RIVERA
≈ PRS1 2014 :: SP Reventon Pro 1.1 :: Team Powers Plutonium17.5 ≈
≈ DEX410 :: SP Reventon Pro 1.1 :: Reedy Sonic 6.5T ≈
WWW.TRICOUNTYHOBBIES.COM :: WWW.CRPPLUS.COM
the incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:33 AM   #1859
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 714
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the incubus View Post
I was taught (perhaps incorrectly) that thicker wire means larger solder points/joints which nullify the benefit of the thicker wire because solder creates more resistance than the wire itself. Smaller diameter wire may have greater resistance but it is so minimal that in the end, because of the reduction in overall size of the solder joints it means current will flow more freely and result in overall reduced resistance.

Is this incorrect?
Since most of the soldering is direct connection with no connectors the larger diameter wire has less resistantance if you soldering is good. Its the more solder points that creates resistance more so than wire diameter.
Beaker151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 12:47 PM   #1860
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montréal, Qc
Posts: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the incubus View Post
Hey guys,

Finally made the time to paint my wife's Azarashi lid. I'd have used a different color on the front, but it looks pretty nice.

Tha fit is perfect but I will say I feel it is absurdly and unnecessarily too thin on the sides.
I wish I had the patience (and the talent) to paint bodies like that! Let us know how the body holds up after a few races. I really like the shape of it.

Martin Paradis
rhodopsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:52 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net