R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-18-2017, 07:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

If you edit the page, please add your name and date prior to your addition. While an admin can view the history, this makes it easier for everyone to just check updates. We'll put the newest additions at the top

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

Print Wikipost

Like Tree74Likes

Old 01-22-2016, 07:58 PM   #1846
Tech Rookie

Need a little help. I looking for a little longer dogbanes for this car. I'm running bmax 2 shafts and in my modified suspension setup I'm running a little short, could use about 3 more mm to make it work. Any suggestions?
HOTROD716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:37 PM   #1847

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

For those asking about the aluminum front castor blocks, they were just added at Amain: http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...2-413a/p481803
MarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 05:26 AM   #1848
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
For those asking about the aluminum front castor blocks, they were just added at Amain: http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...2-413a/p481803
$41 yikes...... I got my entire car for $300 (new in box roller with body). I just got mine built for a small carpet track. I don't think I will hop it up for some time.....I have driven two other peoples cars and they felt great....
SouthFloridaApp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:43 AM   #1849

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFloridaApp View Post
$41 yikes......
By comparison, at least this isn't an Xray branded car thread...

If you want a stiffer front block, the graphite ones will do that for $9; if you want them to be more "durable", the stock ones are a part I've seen one YZ-2 break once out of all of them running my area over the past year.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:52 AM   #1850

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROD716 View Post
Need a little help. I looking for a little longer dogbanes for this car. I'm running bmax 2 shafts and in my modified suspension setup I'm running a little short, could use about 3 more mm to make it work. Any suggestions?
The YZ-4 front ones are long, real long; would probably bind the drive cups on up travel but are the only Yoke ones longer than the Bmax2's that I'm aware of.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:42 AM   #1851
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

disregard
rkhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 12:16 PM   #1852
Tech Apprentice

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I was the guy asking about the aluminum front blocks....Just ordered them the other day from A-main....funny huh? I asked about them and 3 days later they're up!
freakshow__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 09:56 PM   #1853
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
The YZ-4 front ones are long, real long; would probably bind the drive cups on up travel but are the only Yoke ones longer than the Bmax2's that I'm aware of.
I have tried those ones, and yes they are a little too long. I switched the wheel pin side for the rear and the dog bone was binding in the diff cup holder.
HOTROD716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 08:13 PM   #1854
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Finally made the time to paint my wife's Azarashi lid. I'd have used a different color on the front, but it looks pretty nice.

Tha fit is perfect but I will say I feel it is absurdly and unnecessarily too thin on the sides.
the incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 05:22 AM   #1855
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the incubus View Post
The Blue is 13AWG the Purple stuff is 14AWG.

Just looks thicker in the pics. 14 works perfectly fine for 1/10 but the best is 12-13 and 13 is the perfect happy medium. 10 is too much and likely is adding resistance to the system, but not all that much.
Actually it's the other way around, a cable with a larger cross sectional area have less resistance.

"Resistance in a wire can be defined as

R = ρL / A

where

ρ = resistivity
L = Length
A = cross sectional area

Thicker gauge wires have a larger A, and therefore the resistance of the wire decreases keeping everything else constant."
1:10 Xray XB4 - Viper VTX10R BE & VST 7.5 | 1:10 Yokomo YZ2 - Viper VTX10 & VST 8.5 | 1:8 HB Ve8 HHH - Viper VTX8
macke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:03 AM   #1856
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Incubus,

That paint job is incredible!! Working on mine. Thinking yellow/red/Orange in front, checkerboard stripe, fading into metallic purple in the back.
pete48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:08 AM   #1857
Tech Elite

I was taught (perhaps incorrectly) that thicker wire means larger solder points/joints which nullify the benefit of the thicker wire because solder creates more resistance than the wire itself. Smaller diameter wire may have greater resistance but it is so minimal that in the end, because of the reduction in overall size of the solder joints it means current will flow more freely and result in overall reduced resistance.

Is this incorrect?
WWW.TRICOUNTYHOBBIES.COM :: WWW.CRPPLUS.COM
Old 01-25-2016, 07:12 AM   #1858
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete48 View Post
Incubus,

That paint job is incredible!! Working on mine. Thinking yellow/red/Orange in front, checkerboard stripe, fading into metallic purple in the back.
Thank you sir! Need to snap pics of it in the sunlight so the candy purple really pops.

For your red I would suggest Spastix Fire Red if you want a really bright red.
WWW.TRICOUNTYHOBBIES.COM :: WWW.CRPPLUS.COM
Old 01-25-2016, 07:33 AM   #1859
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
I was taught (perhaps incorrectly) that thicker wire means larger solder points/joints which nullify the benefit of the thicker wire because solder creates more resistance than the wire itself. Smaller diameter wire may have greater resistance but it is so minimal that in the end, because of the reduction in overall size of the solder joints it means current will flow more freely and result in overall reduced resistance.

Is this incorrect?
Since most of the soldering is direct connection with no connectors the larger diameter wire has less resistantance if you soldering is good. Its the more solder points that creates resistance more so than wire diameter.
Beaker151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 12:47 PM   #1860
Tech Adept

Quote:
Hey guys,

Finally made the time to paint my wife's Azarashi lid. I'd have used a different color on the front, but it looks pretty nice.

Tha fit is perfect but I will say I feel it is absurdly and unnecessarily too thin on the sides.
I wish I had the patience (and the talent) to paint bodies like that! Let us know how the body holds up after a few races. I really like the shape of it.

Martin Paradis
rhodopsine is offline   Reply With Quote