R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 08-10-2017, 01:11 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

If you edit the page, please add your name and date prior to your addition. While an admin can view the history, this makes it easier for everyone to just check updates. We'll put the newest additions at the top

Setup Sheets can be found here

Print Wikipost

Like Tree43Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-28-2015, 09:39 AM   #1666
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Auburn, CA
Posts: 232
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schirmann433 View Post
Does anyone have Futaba servo horns for the yz2 I can buy from.
Spend the money and get an aluminum one.
afm223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 10:39 AM   #1667
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,530
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chvtec33 View Post
Anyone have a good turf or carpet setup they are willing to share?
Lee Martins Worlds warm up set up is a good starting point its on petitrc
__________________
N.W Hobbies
M.Pease
The Wease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 04:03 PM   #1668
Tech Apprentice
 
schirmann433's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Jefferson City Mo
Posts: 73
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm223 View Post
Spend the money and get an aluminum one.
Where do I get one I can't find the stock ones let alone an aluminum one
schirmann433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 04:16 PM   #1669
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Auburn, CA
Posts: 232
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schirmann433 View Post
Where do I get one I can't find the stock ones let alone an aluminum one
Amain has the Yokomo aluminum servo horn plus several other brands. You need a 25 tooth.
afm223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 07:17 PM   #1670
Tech Elite
 
dr_hfuhuhurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,493
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chvtec33 View Post
What is a good starting point for gearing with a 17.5? Smaller track.
Depends on the motor as well. I am running a Motiv RC 17.5 w/42* timing (mid rotor) and 69/30 on a medium sized carpet track. Car is a rocket!
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:03 PM   #1671
Tech Apprentice
 
schirmann433's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Jefferson City Mo
Posts: 73
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm223 View Post
Amain has the Yokomo aluminum servo horn plus several other brands. You need a 25 tooth.
Only one the show is for the BD7 will that work?
schirmann433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 03:15 AM   #1672
mes
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schirmann433 View Post
Only one the show is for the BD7 will that work?
Should work, but my son managed to break one in his SC10. Any 20mm 25t servo horn should be fine. I like the MR33 one I bought at Tonisport, which looks like the BD7 horn but is a little thicker.
mes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 06:26 AM   #1673
Tech Apprentice
 
schirmann433's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Jefferson City Mo
Posts: 73
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
Should work, but my son managed to break one in his SC10. Any 20mm 25t servo horn should be fine. I like the MR33 one I bought at Tonisport, which looks like the BD7 horn but is a little thicker.
Ok I'll check that out. Thank you
schirmann433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:29 AM   #1674
Tech Regular
 
LiL CeeZ's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

What company is the one making carbon fiber parts, I'm looking for the battery brace tired of mine popping out all the time
__________________
Team Associated B6D
LiL CeeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:42 AM   #1675
Tech Elite
 
303slowdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rapid City SD.
Posts: 2,290
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

http://http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-trucks/mckune-design-yz2-carbon-locking-battery-plate-mdr10017/p473585Mckune makes the clamping battery brace. Amain has them.
__________________
Ryan Borgheiinck
303slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:46 AM   #1676
Tech Apprentice
 
freakshow__'s Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 88
Default

thought I would share this with everyone...unless it has already been discussed....

I have been racing my YZ-2 for a few months on astro-turf and I just recently started playing with weights on the chassis. I have definately found that even on turf this car is just so light that it has a lot of rear wheel spin....yes, even on high traction turf. With a 17.5 it's not so bad, but with even a boosted 10.5 the tires just spin a lot.

To help this I have put 15 grams in front of the servo to give consistant steering, I have the yokomo under battery weights, 55 grams I believe?, and I have also got the aluminum rear camber plate with the optional rear steel weights on.

Yes...it is heavier now...but I can definately see that it now gets much less tire spin and I see this also because I am going through tires less often than before. When I punch it the car moves as opposed to that spinning and rear end drift I was getting before.

Anyone else try this on turf? Anyone think I'm nuts? I see all the pro setups on petitrc have front of servo weight added as well as under battery weights...even on turf.
freakshow__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 01:23 PM   #1677
mes
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow__ View Post
thought I would share this with everyone...unless it has already been discussed....

I have been racing my YZ-2 for a few months on astro-turf and I just recently started playing with weights on the chassis. I have definately found that even on turf this car is just so light that it has a lot of rear wheel spin....yes, even on high traction turf. With a 17.5 it's not so bad, but with even a boosted 10.5 the tires just spin a lot.

To help this I have put 15 grams in front of the servo to give consistant steering, I have the yokomo under battery weights, 55 grams I believe?, and I have also got the aluminum rear camber plate with the optional rear steel weights on.

Yes...it is heavier now...but I can definately see that it now gets much less tire spin and I see this also because I am going through tires less often than before. When I punch it the car moves as opposed to that spinning and rear end drift I was getting before.

Anyone else try this on turf? Anyone think I'm nuts? I see all the pro setups on petitrc have front of servo weight added as well as under battery weights...even on turf.
TBH I have not tried it without the TY Europe 50 g LiPo weight and 20 g of sticky weights in front of the servo, but running mod I don't care about a few grams more or less. I have thought about adding the steel front arm mount, but did not buy it yet. The car has been pretty good with the 11 g brass insert on carpet last time, and I guess I will try some other tweaks first. So much to test, so little time...
mes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:40 PM   #1678
Team Tekin
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,631
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL CeeZ View Post
What company is the one making carbon fiber parts, I'm looking for the battery brace tired of mine popping out all the time
This is what I use: HERE
__________________
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." Abraham Lincoln

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,KoPropUSA,JConcepts,Avid RC,MIP,SikLidz,ImagineItGraphx, FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:43 PM   #1679
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL CeeZ View Post
What company is the one making carbon fiber parts, I'm looking for the battery brace tired of mine popping out all the time
Factory rc also makes them. I just finished building my yz2 and purchased the factory rc one so hopefully I can test it out soon. Haven't herd anything bad about it yet!
Levelup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:47 PM   #1680
Tech Elite
 
joeymdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oreogan
Posts: 2,993
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to joeymdz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL CeeZ View Post
What company is the one making carbon fiber parts, I'm looking for the battery brace tired of mine popping out all the time
Mckune has a locking battery brace and it will never pop out

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...r10017/p473585
__________________
RC Plus*McKune Designs*NW Hobbies*Premier RC Raceways*Daves Tracks
joeymdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (2 members and 2 guests)
Cain
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:03 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net