R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 10-18-2017, 07:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

If you edit the page, please add your name and date prior to your addition. While an admin can view the history, this makes it easier for everyone to just check updates. We'll put the newest additions at the top

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

Print Wikipost

Like Tree102Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2015, 01:45 AM   #1636
Tech Elite
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noproblems209 View Post
I did'nt try fitting it on my yz-2 but had the body in my hand for a little while yesterday before i sent it off to get painted. Best body i've seen for the b5m hands down proline did a great job.
Did you happen to get that body back yet to see if it will fit your YZ-2? I must know!
__________________
Thanks to Lunsford, Proline, Schelle, Xray, RCAmerica, and SMC for your support.
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 12:47 PM   #1637
mes
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhess View Post
anyone remember the dude who made ymaxx cf battery plate/strap that was same shape as the stock ?
Fibrelyte offer them, as do Bezerk RC.
mes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 09:33 PM   #1638
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 149
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Just finished my car..!

Racing her on thick turf

__________________
Gordie
Gordie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:06 PM   #1639
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Auburn, CA
Posts: 237
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie88 View Post
Just finished my car..!

Racing her on thick turf

Nice!
afm223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 03:33 PM   #1640
Tech Adept
 
avaldes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 165
Default

Anyone have a part number for the right 3x1.4mm flat shock piston to fit a YZ-2?

...or any suitable 3 hole piston blank that I can drill out?

Last edited by avaldes; 11-08-2015 at 03:52 PM.
avaldes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 04:51 PM   #1641
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Posts: 2,242
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaldes View Post
Anyone have a part number for the right 3x1.4mm flat shock piston to fit a YZ-2?

...or any suitable 3 hole piston blank that I can drill out?
Don't know about any regular ones but I run the VRP 3x1.4s. They work pretty good.
__________________
Pro-Line/Protoform, HRP Distributing, PTRC Racing, Ho B Max
Antimullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 06:33 AM   #1642
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaldes View Post
Anyone have a part number for the right 3x1.4mm flat shock piston to fit a YZ-2?

...or any suitable 3 hole piston blank that I can drill out?
Team associated piston will work. They have 3x1.4 flat piston.
jake alton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:52 AM   #1643
Tech Master
 
WillS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,131
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WillS Send a message via Yahoo to WillS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
Guys, with the y-max running battery rear it is raised due to the chassis plates slanting upwards on the sides... Is it an issue with c of g? Also, thinking maybe I need to use plenty of foam to protect the cells there, it must be easy to split a lipo case?!
Yes it is a higher cg, about 2mm. I machined mine down to fix this, also so it does not put extra strain on the battery and transmission case possibly causing a tweak issue.
__________________
Will Smith
=========================================================
Sponsors:
Cheater Racing, Team Powers, Amain.com/Protek, Dialed RC Hobbies/Soar
WillS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:32 AM   #1644
Tech Adept
 
avaldes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 165
Default

Thanks for the leads on pistons!
avaldes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:08 PM   #1645
Tech Apprentice
 
schirmann433's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Jefferson City Mo
Posts: 82
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Is this buggy made for high bit tracks only or can it be tuned to suit any track
schirmann433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:13 PM   #1646
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ashland city tn
Posts: 2,643
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Qualified 3rd and took the win last night with my ymax.....make room for the yz4 also
Attached Thumbnails
Yokomo YZ-2-imag1015.jpg  
__________________
Rick Hess
Yokomo-Amain-Protek RC
R&C Hobby shop Clarksville TN
RCP Customs-RC Juice
rkhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:37 PM   #1647
Tech Elite
 
Motorman007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,937
Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhess View Post
Qualified 3rd and took the win last night with my ymax.....selling my extra roller to make room for the yz4 also
I too like the ymax. I did a back to back test with b5m same ESC RSX same motors 24k 17.5t same tires.

The b5m pushed like a truck on ice vs the ymax. The ymax drives like a on-road on vs the b5m.

I doing some changes on the b5m today to see if I can get it near the ymax steering wise.
Feels easy to drive don't get me wrong. I was just slower by a lot with the b5m vs the ymax..

All this is my take on it.

I have a rb6 coming to test.

My buddy got his rb6 Friday and drove it sat and he was faster with it over his b5m. By a lot.
He too have a ymax. He felt the rb6 shock package was better and felt more relaxed driving it vs his ymax. The ymax to me fits a type of driver that don't make many mistakes BC if you do It can bite you . where as the rb6 sideways battery layout is a little more forgiving and want bite you as hard. Just what I felt driving both the rb6/ymax.

Both the ymax and rb6 steering are on rails.
How I rank them

Shock package rb6

Steering both 100%

Parts both 100%

Hopups in the kit Yokomo

Forgiveness
1. B5m
2. Rb6
3. Ymax


Slop plastic wise
1 b5m
Rb6/yokomo


We are going to try the rb6 shocks on the Yokomo
__________________
YOU WILL (ALWAYSWIN).....
Motorman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:48 PM   #1648
Tech Regular
 
LiL CeeZ's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman007 View Post
I too like the ymax. I did a back to back test with b5m same ESC RSX same motors 24k 17.5t same tires.

The b5m pushed like a truck on ice vs the ymax. The ymax drives like a on-road on vs the b5m.

I doing some changes on the b5m today to see if I can get it near the ymax steering wise.
Feels easy to drive don't get me wrong. I was just slower by a lot with the b5m vs the ymax..

All this is my take on it.

I have a rb6 coming to test.

My buddy got his rb6 Friday and drove it sat and he was faster with it over his b5m. By a lot.
He too have a ymax. He felt the rb6 shock package was better and felt more relaxed driving it vs his ymax. The ymax to me fits a type of driver that don't make many mistakes BC if you do It can bite you . where as the rb6 sideways battery layout is a little more forgiving and want bite you as hard. Just what I felt driving both the rb6/ymax.

Both the ymax and rb6 steering are on rails.
How I rank them

Shock package rb6

Steering both 100%

Parts both 100%

Hopups in the kit Yokomo

Forgiveness
1. B5m
2. Rb6
3. Ymax


Slop plastic wise
1 b5m
Rb6/yokomo


We are going to try the rb6 shocks on the Yokomo

I also drive both cars. I raced both last night as a matter of fact. The RB6 isn't even on the same level as the YZ2 as far as consistency for the way I drive. I'm running intermediate right now but my lap times with the Yok would have had me qualified 6th last night for Expert stock. Ran 2 more laps and only 2-4 tenths difference in top5 top10 and top15. The Rb6 is a second+ difference for each

On high bite you can't get the RB6 to give a little around the fast corners of the track like the Yok does. The Yok will slide a bit and is so much harder to traction roll giving you much more entry and exit corner speed. I feel like the Rb6 has me on my toes the whole race, the Yok is just easier to drive.

Let a couple of heads drive it to yesterday before racing started, let's just say there will be a couple more yz's at the track soon
__________________
Team Associated B6D
LiL CeeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 02:08 PM   #1649
Tech Elite
 
Motorman007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,937
Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL CeeZ View Post
I also drive both cars. I raced both last night as a matter of fact. The RB6 isn't even on the same level as the YZ2 as far as consistency for the way I drive. I'm running intermediate right now but my lap times with the Yok would have had me qualified 6th last night for Expert stock. Ran 2 more laps and only 2-4 tenths difference in top5 top10 and top15. The Rb6 is a second+ difference for each

On high bite you can't get the RB6 to give a little around the fast corners of the track like the Yok does. The Yok will slide a bit and is so much harder to traction roll giving you much more entry and exit corner speed. I feel like the Rb6 has me on my toes the whole race, the Yok is just easier to drive.

Let a couple of heads drive it to yesterday before racing started, let's just say there will be a couple more yz's at the track soon

Was your yokomo the Y-Max or the Laydown stock yokomo.

We both did the Laydown tranny and your right the stock yz2 will not traction roll.

Our track is not high bite. If it was we would run the Laydown tranny.

We have tried the SMC weight and change stuff still didn't work lap times wise vs the conversion like Lee Martin Y-Max.

When we go to a high bite track the good news is we can change to the Laydown tranny and be money.


Thanx for your input sir. Wonderful.

How do you feel about the shock rb6 shocks vs the yokomo?
__________________
YOU WILL (ALWAYSWIN).....
Motorman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 02:17 PM   #1650
Tech Apprentice
 
schirmann433's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Jefferson City Mo
Posts: 82
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I'm running an B5m now and I had that same problem with it pushing I went with 3-hole 1.4 tapered Pistons taper sid down, kyosho springs gold in the front and white in the rear. I turned the rear camber mount to where the -2 is up then put 2mm washer under the ball stud. Then I have the aluminum rear hubs and put 3mm washers under that ball stud. Make sure the front axles are moved back and the rear hubs in the middle.
schirmann433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:10 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net