R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-18-2017, 07:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bob Barry
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

If you edit the page, please add your name and date prior to your addition. While an admin can view the history, this makes it easier for everyone to just check updates. We'll put the newest additions at the top

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

Print Wikipost

Like Tree102Likes

Old 01-16-2015, 05:58 AM   #151
mes
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84 View Post
does anyone know if Losi pistons work on the shaft? and kyosho x rings?
The kit comes with X-rings YOKZ2-S3X already (decent price!), no need to buy the Kyosho ones.
I used AE pistons in my B-Max2, if TLR pistons fit in AE vehicles, it should work.
mes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 12:33 PM   #152
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WillS Send a message via Yahoo to WillS

After building the YZ-2 I came across one little error with Xpert servos. First 2mm of spacers are required (like usual) and you need to increase the gap on the center link to around 3mm to get full travel on turning right. Other than that, this is the smoothest build of any Yokomo products I have built to date.

Taihen yoku dekimashita, Yokomo.
Cheater Racing, Team Powers, Amain.com/Protek, Dialed RC Hobbies/Soar
WillS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:23 PM   #153
Tech Master

Here is an idea of the layout differences between the 2 cars. YZ-2 on left of picture and Bmax2 v3 on the right. As of now with battery all the way back it has 60% of its weight on the rear wheels. Considering electronics, tires and track rules, you may want to look into the Battery weights to bring the car up to 1499g.

Old 01-16-2015, 06:58 PM   #154
Tech Adept

Ran on clay track today and was able to match my fastest bmax2 time on the second pack. I setup the buggy the same as my bmax2 and found that this buggy carries more speed in all areas of the track. The were no issues with the landings and it was actually very forgiving.

1.6 machined pistons all around
32.5ft 30r
Kyosho gold in rear and whites in front
middle hole in shock towers
stock roll center settings
mhuse6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:43 PM   #155
Tech Adept

No nobody get one, send them back, it was rubbish tonight.
neallewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:45 PM   #156
Tech Adept

Ha only joking, it's ace
So balanced and so much steering, traction and it's just great. I just stuck it down and ran it. Made no changes during the night other than slacking off my slipper a touch, touch tighter on the ball diff, and running one round with a saddle rather than a shorty pack. Felt a little more nimble with the shorty, but a touch more traction with the saddle, as you would except.

So I've built mine pretty much as kit, with a ball diff, shocks on rear, but with 3.5deg rear toe in, -1deg camber all round, 18mm ride height, and 500CST front oil, and 400CST rear oil. Shorty in rear position. On yeah I stuck the 25g chassis weight in under the lipo as well.

I was amazed from the start. I was expecting it to have less rear grip (on low traction) than the bmax2 (on the same tyres), but it was the same or more rear grip, yet tons of steering with no oversteer. Went exactly where you wanted it and the rear held on. It just worked and dare I say it was faster than my bmax ever was. Saying that I finished 4th over all this week's club meeting, and placed same previous meeting at Cullingworth with the bmax2v3 against the same people.

Video from tonight's club race at Cullingworth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGqyERIRDKw
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Mine is the snot green car, and I do a good job binning off my mate Danny Harrison on the first lap

YZ-"KF-beater"-2

Yokomo have done such a good job on this car!!!
Old 01-16-2015, 09:24 PM   #157
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well i just got paid today, got me a pocket full of change. Cause A-main ran out of kits. Hope all are having a great time with theirs.
brokenmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:05 PM   #158
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmoto View Post
Well i just got paid today, got me a pocket full of change. Cause A-main ran out of kits. Hope all are having a great time with theirs.
PM me - you can have my reserved kit - it's still reserved until the 20th. I'll be at Hobbytown tomorrow so you can place the order then.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:06 PM   #159
Tech Master

Hmmm sounds like there are no traction problems what so ever compared to the transition from the bmax2 to yz2. Cant wait to see how the guys do at the Reedy with the car!
Old 01-16-2015, 11:31 PM   #160
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yokomo YZ-2-2015-01-16-23.29.15.jpg

Got mine built , went together very well. Stock suspension is way softer than it thought it was going to be. Can't wait to run it.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:54 PM   #161
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Are there spur option for stock racing?
Mercenary Racer
jmoneym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:57 PM   #162
mes
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Ha only joking, it's ace
So balanced and so much steering, traction and it's just great. I just stuck it down and ran it. Made no changes during the night other than slacking off my slipper a touch, touch tighter on the ball diff, and running one round with a saddle rather than a shorty pack. Felt a little more nimble with the shorty, but a touch more traction with the saddle, as you would except.

So I've built mine pretty much as kit, with a ball diff, shocks on rear, but with 3.5deg rear toe in, -1deg camber all round, 18mm ride height, and 500CST front oil, and 400CST rear oil. Shorty in rear position. On yeah I stuck the 25g chassis weight in under the lipo as well.

I was amazed from the start. I was expecting it to have less rear grip (on low traction) than the bmax2 (on the same tyres), but it was the same or more rear grip, yet tons of steering with no oversteer. Went exactly where you wanted it and the rear held on. It just worked and dare I say it was faster than my bmax ever was. Saying that I finished 4th over all this week's club meeting, and placed same previous meeting at Cullingworth with the bmax2v3 against the same people.

Video from tonight's club race at Cullingworth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGqyERIRDKw
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Mine is the snot green car, and I do a good job binning off my mate Danny Harrison on the first lap

YZ-"KF-beater"-2

Yokomo have done such a good job on this car!!!
That's not what I wanted to hear at the moment, but I expected it...
Welcome to the next generation!

As a side note, those chassis lines seem to be very similar to those of the first B-Max2, I wonder if the Finnisher body fits...
mes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:52 AM   #163
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillS View Post
Hmmm sounds like there are no traction problems what so ever compared to the transition from the bmax2 to yz2. Cant wait to see how the guys do at the Reedy with the car!
None at all. I was expecting to keep my two bmax2 rear and mid cars ready for the tracks that needed that setup, but now I'm not so sure i need to.

I've heard lots of non-yokomo drivers will be trying the car out at the Reedy race. it should perform well.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:53 AM   #164
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoneym View Post
Are there spur option for stock racing?
Same options as bmax2. kit spur is 80 tooth.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:58 AM   #165
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
That's not what I wanted to hear at the moment, but I expected it...
Welcome to the next generation!

As a side note, those chassis lines seem to be very similar to those of the first B-Max2, I wonder if the Finnisher body fits...
I gave a few other bmax2 drivers a few practice laps with the car and they were all super impressed.

Chassis is narrower. side by side you can tell the bodies are brothers. cab is the same. A friend ran his bmax2 body on his with a bit of tape over spur area, as his body was in paint last night. he made it fit.