Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Old 10-25-2015, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes
USD 27 for the body and USD 8 for shipping does not add up to 50, right?
Team Azarashi shipping from Tokyo is usually pretty cheap. I notice a small item he's shipping for $2.50 from Japan.

Contact Shun Kimura on Facebook and ask him when more will be available on FB just like Mes says. Shun is super nice and I'm sure he'll be happy to hear that people want more of the bodies.

He's probably already making more anyway.
Old 10-25-2015, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Update:

I was on Facebook and so I chatted to Shun and he put more of the bodies on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/171979204232

I saw someone running one. It looks like some racers are preferring them. I don't know if its for looks or for performance. Definitely looks cool though!
Old 10-26-2015, 08:10 AM
mes
Tech Elite

When I tested the Azarashi Fascia back to back with the kit body on our track in Troisdorf, I felt that they YZ-2 jumped better with the kit body. I am going to give it another try this weekend on an indoor track together with the YZ-2 mini front spoiler. Thanks to its light weight, I bet you'll be able to push the car more without traction rolling.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

I'm waiting for some paint and I will finish my body as well.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes
USD 27 for the body and USD 8 for shipping does not add up to 50, right?
A single Lexan wing for $11 + $27 + $8 = $46 for a lid.

Not that far from $50. I have plenty of wings so I will forego that item, but I was curious to see how it compares to all the ones I've run.
Thus far Upgrade's Vortex is #1 by a good margin.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:16 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by the incubus
A single Lexan wing for $11 + $27 + $8 = $46 for a lid.

Not that far from $50. I have plenty of wings so I will forego that item, but I was curious to see how it compares to all the ones I've run.
Thus far Upgrade's Vortex is #1 by a good margin.
AFAIK the mentioned wing is actually a pair of front wings, but I know where your are coming from. I have yet to try Azarashi's wings, and also the Upgrade Vortex. My favorite ones have been the LMR wings so far, and the original Yokomo wings are also pretty decent.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default wing

Im trying our the proline wing. Will be back with results.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Not sure on those LMR Wings, they look as if they present too much resistance with the more vertical wicker pane.

I'm an F1 guy since I was walking in my diapers (now 42) and I know a bit about CFD and am usually pretty good at visual assessment. I tested the Swift wing when hey released them and found it's wicker pain angle too sharp and as I suspected, I was right. So much so my cars would wheelie with ease thanks to the resistance the wicker pane introduced into the mix. To rule it out I quickly swapped to my Vortex and a the cars didn't even come close to raising the front end. Just planted my rear end better. Tried the Proline wing and it was better than the Sweep but the front end would get a tad light, though never coming close to a wheelie.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes
AFAIK the mentioned wing is actually a pair of front wings, but I know where your are coming from. I have yet to try Azarashi's wings, and also the Upgrade Vortex. My favorite ones have been the LMR wings so far, and the original Yokomo wings are also pretty decent.
Hey Rob, are you using the vortex standard or the vortex 7?

I want to try a few for both 2 and 4 buggy.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:06 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by the incubus
Not sure on those LMR Wings, they look as if they present too much resistance with the more vertical wicker pane.

I'm an F1 guy since I was walking in my diapers (now 42) and I know a bit about CFD and am usually pretty good at visual assessment. I tested the Swift wing when hey released them and found it's wicker pain angle too sharp and as I suspected, I was right. So much so my cars would wheelie with ease thanks to the resistance the wicker pane introduced into the mix. To rule it out I quickly swapped to my Vortex and a the cars didn't even come close to raising the front end. Just planted my rear end better. Tried the Proline wing and it was better than the Sweep but the front end would get a tad light, though never coming close to a wheelie.
They are actually brilliant to adjust how the car jumps. On astroturf, we tend to cut them pretty low, and the Avior's angled section is not that steep, I'd say even flatter than the older Electra and maybe also the JConcepts wings. PL's Trifecta in comparison...
I am curious about the new thinner, cf supported LMR wing they had at the IFMAR worlds, but I'll probably stick with the Yokomo wings once my Avior falls apart. They are the easiest to get for me and work really well.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default body

If anyone has a new clear body I would take it.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by klx1695
If anyone has a new clear body I would take it.
They are in stock at Amain.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Just the regular. Up until the YZ-2 I refused to run MM Rig kits as I refer to them so no need for the 7 specifically. They make one specific to the 22 as well. Easily the best wing I've ever used. Sadly no LHS carry them and the one that did which was the most hugimongous RC Superstore ever dropped ALL serious kits and moved to RTR Junk and Traxxas only so there went that. Every time I'm ready to order more Vortex wings I walk into the local shop and I find JConcepts and Proline wings in the clearance bin. Hard to pass up $4 for 2 wings so I grab 3 and add to my stock pile of wings. LOL
Old 10-29-2015, 09:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
can u post a picture of the plit?
I think this is a problem. This is my first one but at my track every one with YZ-2's split the left rear.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo YZ-2-img_2355.jpg   Yokomo YZ-2-img_2356.jpg  
Old 10-29-2015, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Whiterayzen
I think this is a problem. This is my first one but at my track every one with YZ-2's split the left rear.
Does this happen if you run the bmax rear arms and bones?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.