Wiki Posts
Search

DESC410v3 ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default DESC410v3 ??

Looks like it might finally be time.. towers shows the v2 kits disc'ed!!

What upgrades.. new universals and some of the v4 buggy updates? Any other thoughts.. hmm
Old 11-10-2014, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

They need to go the Tekno route and base it off an 1/8th scale buggy, not a 1/10 scale. Don't get me wrong, I love racing my DESC410R, but it needs to be tougher for the outdoor tracks, and accept a full size battery. I would never run a DESC410R outdoors.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by platgof
They need to go the Tekno route and base it off an 1/8th scale buggy, not a 1/10 scale. Don't get me wrong, I love racing my DESC410R, but it needs to be tougher for the outdoor tracks, and accept a full size battery. I would never run a DESC410R outdoors.
That's funny I run mine and win all the time at large 1/8 tracks w/ huge jumps. Just a few easy mods and it's tough as nails.. #1 get mcmaster inner hinge pins all the way around #2 RPM front a-arms, #3 make sure you use the long ball studs with a nut in your rear hubs. My desc survived the biggest baddest tracks w/o issues Helps to not wreck a lot but it takes a beating just fine. A nice set of 6000mah+ saddle packs (I use the CRC packs) with a hobbywing 4000kv motor to give you more speed than you will ever need on any size track and can even pull a 10min race if needed, though everyone does 8min now.

BTW check my pic, I run the tekno EB48.2 and ET48 myself and love them... but there is no way I'm driving the tekno sct dump truck.. lol my desc is a bullet compared to it.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just saying wouldn't be surprised if a v3 didn't come out, it almost seems like Hobbico is trying to slowly end Durango, kind of like what happened to the O'Donnell Z01B
Old 11-11-2014, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The O'Donnell buggy sacked hence it's demise. Durango mentions new kits coming out, there's only 4 1/8 machines, the detc, 210 and 410 are all pretty new that leaves a new pro4 truck. We'll see what they do, but the 1/10 buggy based truck is the best car in many tracks, just not great on rough tracks, but with it being so light it's killer on high bite tracks, so I hope they don't take that away. A bit beefier and better bumpers along with the v4 updates would be awesome
Old 11-12-2014, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am not hurting on electronics, RX8 Gen2 and Pro4 4600, but the Tekno is a tank. I had to build a custom set of rear bumpers off a set of T-Bone bumpers to take the abuse, as the Teknos destroyed the original one, but not this one. I think the Tekno went to far, but they are so successful, and tough as nails. I prefer the DESC410R as it feels so much lighter to me, and I race indoors.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

With a few parts its just as tough as any other truck. I've been very successful racing the the durango and did equally well outdoors on blown out tracks as I did on high bite indoor. I hope they keep the 1/10 based truck but I have a feeling its going to be a 1/8 based truck, based on the Arrma/Durango 1/8 vehicles about to drop. Well actually, now that I've switched to Tekno I do hope they go away from the 1/10 based truck, one less truck I have to worry about lol