Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rush evo problems.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 11:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Rush evo problems.

HEEELLLPPP!!!!!!! I'm a bit of a tech nut when it comes to stripping things down to bare bones. It's what you get when you're an engineer! but my mate has a rush evo, t15, that's about 9 months old now. the last few times he's taken it out over the park, it's run away after about half an hour or so. OK, checklist- fresh batteries, check. no interference, check. fresh receiver pack, check. now, we've fitted a new hi-tech servo for the throttle, stripped and cleaned the block and carb, tighened all the appropriate bits, so i reckon it should be ok?! The symptoms are when you blip the throttle, it willthen blast off, stuck on full revs. any ides guys? we would be very grateful!!

p.s. heres a pic after the first run with a brand new body. what a mess!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Rush evo problems.-dscf0071a.jpg   Rush evo problems.-dscf0072a.jpg   Rush evo problems.-dscf0074a.jpg  
Old 09-23-2005, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

It sounds like you don't have a throttle return spring. I would suggest buying a Failsafe to. You won't have anymore of these runaway problems.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHUH6&P=ML

Sean
Old 09-27-2005, 11:25 AM
Suspended

Location: please try not to look at my avatar to long may cause u know what

if its a digi throttel servo thats why if im not mistaken they wont work unles the tx and rx are also digital also take off the throttel linkage off the servo and with the truck battery on (with the motor NOT running)remove the carb air filter turn the radio on and set the throttel trim to the middel on the trasmiter and then put the linkage back on the servo also making sure that the carb is closed as far as it will go
Old 09-29-2005, 12:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Well, there's no return spring on the t-15 engine, as its a barrel carb, not a slide type. However, we will try setting up the carb again next time we run it. We were out this weekend gone actually, and had almost no trouble. it still revved up on its own when it was cold though...............
anyway, cheers guys, and we'll get back to you if anything works!!