Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Mugen MBX7R Eco thread! >

Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!

Like Tree29Likes

Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!

Old 09-15-2015, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Drake runs his eco. There's a few on the Mugen site and petit rc has some as well.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpongeX
The Drake runs his eco. There's a few on the Mugen site and petit rc has some as well.
Find me a video or article of a big race where he raced it in the past 6 months
Old 09-16-2015, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

did you check drake's youtube channel ?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGV...T2SM6vSFIORjGw
Old 09-16-2015, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
I have never used them..I'm gonna try 6x1.3 soon tho...a lot of guys like them, at least for nitro..I think it's what Adam uses
I just put the 6x1.3 pistons in mine. I was just wondering if there was a benefit before I spend the cash on the caps. A friend of mine suggested a new shock package to me that included the 6x1.3. Gonna try it out on Sunday to see how the car reacts. Went stiffer on the front/rear springs as well as thinning the oil out a bit. Seems like the action of the shock is quite a bit quicker but you know how that goes. Will know when I get to lay some rubber down.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by eortizr
I just bought an e-buggy (MBX7r Eco), but now looking for setup ups and videos
etc, I found that there is not much of a following from Pro-Racers or many 'Big' races. Mostly everything I found are for Nitro Buggy, even Mugens own Adam Drake does not race his Eco at all (I have not found a single video of Adam racing the eco on a big race). So now I'm kind of disappointed and might be looking at selling the Eco and get a Nitro.

What you guys think?
Try the kit setup it's amazing for a kit setup. Then go from there. I never liked using pro setups cause then I have a car that suits someone else's driving style not mine. This thread and drake channel has info. Mugen is extremely popular at every track I've been to can get lots info from fellow racers
Old 09-16-2015, 03:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by werner sline
did you check drake's youtube channel ?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGV...T2SM6vSFIORjGw
of course I had, there is not a single video of him racing the MBX7 eco
Old 09-16-2015, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

of course I had, there is not a single video of him racing the MBX7 eco
Drakes races his Eco more than any other factory pro driver...he can't race and record at the same time..only video you will find with him in it is the 2015 dnc and the 2015 silver state .. Which are the 2 biggest races of the year for 8th... Look on mugen racing.com for some of his setups... Search 2015 jbrl ebuggy and see if any races were recorded"......

Last edited by hairymuffin; 09-16-2015 at 08:32 PM.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
Drakes races his Eco more than any other factory pro driver...he can't race and record at the same time..only video you will find with him in it is the 2015 dnc and the 2015 silver state .. Which are the 2 biggest races of the year for 8th... Look on mugen racing.com for some of his setups... Search 2015 jbrl ebuggy and see if any races were recorded
thanks.

Now I have a question about the wheel nut tool that came on my kit. I was watching some unboxings on Youtube and all the kits on the videos came with an aluminum tool like a cross for the wheel nuts. Now mine just came with a plastic 'very cheap looking' wheel nut that looks like a pull starter handle. Anybody else got the same?, can I contact mugen and have them send me the aluminum one?

thanks.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

thanks.

Now I have a question about the wheel nut tool that came on my kit. I was watching some unboxings on Youtube and all the kits on the videos came with an aluminum tool like a cross for the wheel nuts. Now mine just came with a plastic 'very cheap looking' wheel nut that looks like a pull starter handle. Anybody else got the same?, can I contact mugen and have them send me the aluminum one?

thanks.
I don't remember it coming with a plastic t- wrench?? It should be aluminum.. I know all my nitros do, cuz it's also a glow plug wrench also....
Old 09-16-2015, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

Mine came with the plastic one.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:43 PM
Tech Regular

The mugen metal one is to big and heavy in my opinion anyway. I have the simple and light kyosho wrench, much better and cheap to.you'll find it on eBay!
Old 09-17-2015, 02:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bd581
Mine came with the plastic one.
i have the plastic one too. seems OK
Old 09-17-2015, 02:54 AM
Tech Regular

I just bought an e-buggy (MBX7r Eco), but now looking for setup ups and videos
etc, I found that there is not much of a following from Pro-Racers or many 'Big' races. Mostly everything I found are for Nitro Buggy, even Mugens own Adam Drake does not race his Eco at all (I have not found a single video of Adam racing the eco on a big race). So now I'm kind of disappointed and might be looking at selling the Eco and get a Nitro.

What you guys think?
Adam Drake lives on the west coast. Nitro is the premier class out west.They can run nitro all year long. I live in Ohio, more east coast side. Electric is premier here, We can run electric all year long. Before you decide to switch. What is the premier class for you. Nitro is trying to make a come back but it really doesn't have the following out here. Our weather sucks for nitro. If you can only run nitro for 5 months, electric is premier
Old 09-17-2015, 03:00 AM
Tech Regular

Plastic wheel nut wrench. Dude, talk about going cheap. Even if it does work out ok. That's my do all wrench. Wheel nut, pry bar, tap on something tight, chainsaw, list is endless
Old 09-17-2015, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

We have a large following of ebuggy here, but the majority race indoor.. Adam doesnt race indoor...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.