Search
Like Tree29Likes

Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ben_john
I'm wanting to change the front... Have you tried that??
Yes that's what I said. I used front and rear with mbx6 front uprights and rear hubs.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Oh.. I see. Thanks man!!
Old 05-06-2015, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Need to find out why they are bending. Must be bottoming out in the cup at full compression. Some rubber stops on the front shocks might help. Check plunge in the out drives. If it's too deep add equal washers on PB top and bottom to provide clearance.

You can also straighten those bones in a vise if you are careful. I have straighten many in the past. They were not 100% straight as new, but very close and did continue to work for year or so.

Hope you figure it out either way, but seems wrong to go back to old style parts IMO. Good to have the option to do that though since you own the parts needed.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ben_john
My front universals are extremely bent and they are on backorder everywhere. Does anyone know of any alternatives?? I have a big race coming up...
I noticed one of ours was bent this weekend also. Local shop had one set in stock though.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail
Need to find out why they are bending. Must be bottoming out in the cup at full compression. Some rubber stops on the front shocks might help. Check plunge in the out drives. If it's too deep add equal washers on PB top and bottom to provide clearance.

You can also straighten those bones in a vise if you are careful. I have straighten many in the past. They were not 100% straight as new, but very close and did continue to work for year or so.

Hope you figure it out either way, but seems wrong to go back to old style parts IMO. Good to have the option to do that though since you own the parts needed.
Good Advice man... I'll check that out, I did't think about plunge. I did notice that the front is way more sloppy than the x6r was too. Seems to come from the upper arms and/or ackerman rack. I thought maybe the slop had something to do with it, but I'll check plunge too.. Thanks!
Old 05-06-2015, 07:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

anyone having excessive wear on chassis where the droop screws touch the chassis ?mine has almost completely wore through chassis from the droop screw head against the chassis buggy is 2 months old !!
Old 05-06-2015, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Has anyone happened to try the tekno wing on their mbx7? I'm wanting to make sure it'll fit. I'm looking at getting a couple and I like the look and they are about $7 cheaper than the proline wing. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

teknno wing fit right on no problems
Old 05-06-2015, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tlyons68
teknno wing fit right on no problems
Thank you for the quick response, sir.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tlyons68
anyone having excessive wear on chassis where the droop screws touch the chassis ?mine has almost completely wore through chassis from the droop screw head against the chassis buggy is 2 months old !!
Not surprised to hear this. I just started driving the car two weeks ago (and 8th scale in general) and i cannot believe the amount of stress and wear on the car in that short amount of time. My approach to the droop screws is to use them as a tuning tool and set any baseline droop using internal shock limiters.

jB
Old 05-07-2015, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason Baliban
Not surprised to hear this. I just started driving the car two weeks ago (and 8th scale in general) and i cannot believe the amount of stress and wear on the car in that short amount of time. My approach to the droop screws is to use them as a tuning tool and set any baseline droop using internal shock limiters.

jB
I don't think you will want to go with internal shock limiters, With as much as i adjust my droop per track and traction amount. . I cant see that being the best way to go. If you just wanna add 1mm your tearing apart those shocks. It does wear on the chassis but your chassis is made to wear.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Jason's review of his new toy....

https://youtu.be/HBCsZiU3d44
Old 05-08-2015, 03:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Interview with Drake...

https://youtu.be/QeFQdSGHxm8
Old 05-08-2015, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dont Hack Me
I don't think you will want to go with internal shock limiters, With as much as i adjust my droop per track and traction amount. . I cant see that being the best way to go. If you just wanna add 1mm your tearing apart those shocks. It does wear on the chassis but your chassis is made to wear.
Thanks for the input.

What is your approach to setting your droop amount based on the track and traction?

jB
Old 05-09-2015, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Looking for feedback:
VRP Shock pistons or RCShox pistons?
http://www.rcshox.com/mugen-mbx-2-st...or-the-r-16mm/
http://visionracingproducts.com/VRP-...-VRP5H13KY.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.