Mugen MBX7R Eco thread! >

Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!

Like Tree29Likes

Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!

Old 04-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Hideeho
I had another savox servo die on me this weekend. I ended up borrowing a Futaba 9352 from Jeremy Kasten​ (thank you VERY much) & was very impressed with it. The only problem I had was the horn. I have been using a robitronic horn that is very thick & lowers the bottom of the horn. This works well for the savox because it sits high anyway. The Futaba sits low & the robitronic wouldn't work (rubbed the radio box). I ended up using the stock plastic horn to get me through the weekend. So far it has been working well, but I just don't trust a plastic horn for the long run. I am going to replace my savox with the Futaba 9352, so I will need a new horn. What servo horn works well for a Futaba in the x7?
Old 04-05-2015, 03:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Waflet
Hideeho
I had another savox servo die on me this weekend. I ended up borrowing a Futaba 9352 from Jeremy Kasten​ (thank you VERY much) & was very impressed with it. The only problem I had was the horn. I have been using a robitronic horn that is very thick & lowers the bottom of the horn. This works well for the savox because it sits high anyway. The Futaba sits low & the robitronic wouldn't work (rubbed the radio box). I ended up using the stock plastic horn to get me through the weekend. So far it has been working well, but I just don't trust a plastic horn for the long run. I am going to replace my savox with the Futaba 9352, so I will need a new horn. What servo horn works well for a Futaba in the x7?
You can just shim the servo up a few mm to get the clearance with your current horn.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

That is crazy you had a 2274 go out. I have been using savox for 3 years and have had 1 1268 go out and thats it. All my 1/8 servos are going on 2 years now. I am running radiopost now and very happy with them.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clydeywidey
Nope, I tried. Left side sticks up a lot.
Mine sticks up a bit. I still use it. Not ideal though.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:19 AM
Tech Initiate

My main issue is traction roll right now i have done all i can do with the buggy settings and still have an issue. I got the thing as low as i can layed the shocks down every trick in the book lol. Now i also know my springs are to soft im going to go with stiffer spring soon as i get them. Im hoping this will also help with the traction roll issue. Also thinking the carbon towers and the m2c wieght kits will help with this. Any one else having this issue.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by debocurl5.0
My main issue is traction roll right now i have done all i can do with the buggy settings and still have an issue. I got the thing as low as i can layed the shocks down every trick in the book lol. Now i also know my springs are to soft im going to go with stiffer spring soon as i get them. Im hoping this will also help with the traction roll issue. Also thinking the carbon towers and the m2c wieght kits will help with this. Any one else having this issue.
Hideeho
When you traction roll is it a really FAST roll (going through the corner then suddenly flying through the air) or a slower roll (starting to go, try to catch it, oops to late, on the lid sliding)?
Old 04-06-2015, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Keith Lewis
You can just shim the servo up a few mm to get the clearance with your current horn.
Hideeho
DOH! That makes sense, I should have thought of that.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by egobrkr
That is crazy you had a 2274 go out. I have been using savox for 3 years and have had 1 1268 go out and thats it. All my 1/8 servos are going on 2 years now. I am running radiopost now and very happy with them.
Hideeho
This is my 4th 2274 to go out in about 4 years. 2 of them were broken cases (1 broken ears, 1 gears got loose & it got Parkinson's disease, both cheap fixes), but the current outage & 1 other were fried internals (gears are fine, ozone smell, no torque to move it or hold location but it does make noise). I was going to get the new 2282, but realized the futaba 9352 is only $10 more, so I'm going to give it a try.

I really like the radiopost black (signature series), but the stability of the company has me worried. Are they going to be around to warranty or support their products beyond today? Maybe their outlook will be better the next time I buy servos.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Hideeho
When you traction roll is it a really FAST roll (going through the corner then suddenly flying through the air) or a slower roll (starting to go, try to catch it, oops to late, on the lid sliding)?
high speed connering but slow roll sumtimes i can catch it but by then i scrubbed speed and lost a position cause every one else is carrying faster cornering speeds
Old 04-06-2015, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Hideeho
This is my 4th 2274 to go out in about 4 years. 2 of them were broken cases (1 broken ears, 1 gears got loose & it got Parkinson's disease, both cheap fixes), but the current outage & 1 other were fried internals (gears are fine, ozone smell, no torque to move it or hold location but it does make noise). I was going to get the new 2282, but realized the futaba 9352 is only $10 more, so I'm going to give it a try.

I really like the radiopost black (signature series), but the stability of the company has me worried. Are they going to be around to warranty or support their products beyond today? Maybe their outlook will be better the next time I buy servos.
The new company has really picked it up in terms of customer service. They even warrantied my buddies old servos he got 2 years ago. I would not hesitate with radiopost as the new company is trying hard to keep the product in stock and customer service in line with other companies.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:04 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys,

I have my MBX7 ECO and just a pair of front shocks away from upgrading to a 7r

My question is, Will I have a chance in hell getting this buggy to run "Pro-Lite" or will the weight of this buggy be to much for 2s and a 4600kv 4wd SC motor? Just looking for input..

Thanks
Ducky
Old 04-06-2015, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Anybody on back order for these get them shipped yet? I have two on order and just wondering
Old 04-06-2015, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Vantard
Anybody on back order for these get them shipped yet? I have two on order and just wondering
Where did you back order from? Amain has some in stock, and so does Tower.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

Lhs
Old 04-06-2015, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Vantard
Mine should be here Thursday from Tower! I bought it Last Friday when it came in stock.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.