R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree16Likes

Old 01-12-2016, 03:07 PM   #1411
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Electric clutch

Hey
Anyone here using a clutch on the Eco? I know Adam Drake is using the Tenno Elektri Clutch, but thats discontinued. Anyone try the Losi?
arydstedt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 04:04 PM   #1412
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arydstedt View Post
Hey
Anyone here using a clutch on the Eco? I know Adam Drake is using the Tenno Elektri Clutch, but thats discontinued. Anyone try the Losi?
My sone tried it but he didn't like it, but I know it's good on rough tracks.. My son said he didn't like the feel and the punch.. He had to drive it like his nitro sometime... He likes the punchy feel of the direct drive.. Maybe we will try it at silver state
hairymuffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 09:38 AM   #1413
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by arydstedt View Post
Hey
I've been running the clutch for awhile now and I honestly like it more. I've ran the Tekno one and it slips a lot more than the tlr imo. I prefer the tlr one because it runs smoother and has more adjustability. I'm running the hardest springs and it has worked well everywhere.
CJH 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 12:06 AM   #1414
Tech Master

very short HD vid of my mbx7r eco jumping

nice frontflip , you can hear that I accelerate before the landing. it's because the buggy over rotates when frontflipping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjOs...m-upload_owner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxxHfoJmh44

Last edited by werner sline; 01-18-2016 at 12:52 AM.
werner sline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:04 AM   #1415
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by werner sline View Post
very short HD vid of my mbx7r eco jumping

nice frontflip , you can hear that I accelerate before the landing. it's because the buggy over rotates when frontflipping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjOs...m-upload_owner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxxHfoJmh44
cool, now the back flip.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:38 PM   #1416
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJH 22 View Post
I've been running the clutch for awhile now and I honestly like it more. I've ran the Tekno one and it slips a lot more than the tlr imo. I prefer the tlr one because it runs smoother and has more adjustability. I'm running the hardest springs and it has worked well everywhere.
What are you guys that are using the clutch doing for braking? A separate servo setup with a nitro brake system on the center diff?
mxnickj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:06 PM   #1417
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro2be View Post
cool, now the back flip.
thanks

here you go for the backflip
it should be easier than the frontflip because all you have to do is accelerate ! but with the mbx7 and its weight distribution more forward, I need a lot of power to backflip !
I run 4s on a 2350kv motor and 14t pinion !

i think I will go for a metallic spur gear as it is the 2nd plastic one that is dead...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_8E...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by werner sline; 01-18-2016 at 01:40 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:27 AM   #1418
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I did search for "springs" and "stock springs" and came up with varied results. Maybe I did miss it in this thread.

One of the mugen spring charts posted shows certain part #'s for the stock springs. These part numbers are different than what the manual shows.

Which is correct?
Crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:27 PM   #1419
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxnickj View Post
What are you guys that are using the clutch doing for braking? A separate servo setup with a nitro brake system on the center diff?
you're thinking nitro clutch set up
electriclutch is different. the springs are pushing the shoes to clutch bell instead of relying on centrifugal force to throw the shoes out to contact the bell.
robbieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:12 AM   #1420
Tech Master

I played with carbon fiber for the first time. I wanted to make another lipo tray.
I already did an aluminium version ( in the background of the picture ) but i wanted a longer and lighter one !

I first built a wooden base to put the carbon layers. then I added the layers with a brush

then i got frustrated ! I couldn't get a nice flat stack of carbon layers in the angles ! The epoxy got sticky so I put a white PVC part on the whole thing and squizzed the damn carbon !
turned out to be a good idea ! it's easy to remove and it squizzed out the excess of resin. check out the side of the carbon lipo holder : it's thin and flat !
The whole thing is hold with 2 x 3mm screws. So I made this area more thicker ( 5mm )

not finished yet but you get the idea. the aluminium one and the carbon one.
84 grams for the alu one, 56 grs for the carbon one. quite a difference for a single part.

My goal was to put the lipo more backwards and to put some foam in the front of the lipo to absorb hard crashes. I will have many crashes to learn new jumping tricks so this will help !

by the way, the center diff is from a 808 xray buggy ! no mod necessary ! I needed a steel spur gear so I built this one in ! ( 46 teeth)

Last edited by werner sline; 01-22-2016 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:15 PM   #1421
Tech Master

I edited my jumps into a single vid with slow motion.
backflip + frontflip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg3D...ature=youtu.be

I used the trial version of magix video deluxe 2016

Last edited by werner sline; 01-22-2016 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:50 PM   #1422
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Great video! Love the mods. Lot of work, but good to see positive results. I like the aluminum holder better myself. Might consider an aluminum tray with shorter sides to save weight. You got the carbon fiber down so that works too. Thanks for sharing the mods. Lot of good ideas.
Thunder Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 02:01 PM   #1423
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Trail View Post
Great video! Love the mods. Lot of work, but good to see positive results. I like the aluminum holder better myself. Might consider an aluminum tray with shorter sides to save weight. You got the carbon fiber down so that works too. Thanks for sharing the mods. Lot of good ideas.
thank you
the carbon tray took me 2 hours to built. so that's not too long and it was Worth it.
a funny thing happened : I tested this carbon tray with a jump session. had a bunch of nasty bad landings and I had to stop because a carbon part broke ! but not mine, but one on the suspension !
I use a hobao front PBS suspension that has a small carbon part in the steering : this part broke !
I rebuilt it in aluminium !
Old 01-25-2016, 01:24 AM   #1424
Tech Master

this is what my mbx7r eco goes through :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoCs...ature=youtu.be

this vid shows the crashes I often do ( because I'm Learning to fly ! )

No parts broke ! remember I changed the front arms for hobao hyperstar reinforced arms ! check out how they can handle front crashed without breaking
Check out the landing on the wing : I didn't modify anything in this area : so some mugen stuff can handle rough driving !

Watching the slowmo I noticed the buggy has often troubles in the area before the take off . i will make a better track in this area ; It might help to crash less often !
Old 01-25-2016, 05:26 PM   #1425
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by werner sline View Post
this is what my mbx7r eco goes through :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoCs...ature=youtu.be

this vid shows the crashes I often do ( because I'm Learning to fly ! )

No parts broke ! remember I changed the front arms for hobao hyperstar reinforced arms ! check out how they can handle front crashed without breaking
Check out the landing on the wing : I didn't modify anything in this area : so some mugen stuff can handle rough driving !

Watching the slowmo I noticed the buggy has often troubles in the area before the take off . i will make a better track in this area ; It might help to crash less often !

for sale MBX7R eco - hardly used, never raced, modified parts , and many other upgrades . Great car and never abused