R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree14Likes

Old 12-26-2015, 09:47 PM   #1396
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1970 View Post
Having a little issue with my buggy sliding out around the middle of turns off throttle and sometimes at exit. Running zero on drag brake. If I get on the throttle it straightens out. Indoor clay track, med-bite. A couple of races ago the track was real tacky and it was better, but still a little loose even in those conditions. It was good until about a month ago. I've made some adjustments here and there, but nothing seems to help much. I replaced shock oil a while back and replaced the stock 550 in front and back with AE 47.5 in front and AE45 in the rear since AE is only oil available at LHS so I don't know if that's the issue? Maybe too thick? I've attached a pic of my latest set-up.
You could also try the under-drive rear gears. I use them at all the tracks I run on, regardless of the track size.
450rdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:27 PM   #1397
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450rdawg View Post
You could also try the under-drive rear gears. I use them at all the tracks I run on, regardless of the track size.
btw : do you really have to use the 12t with the 42t crowngear ? or can you use 12 and 44 ?
werner sline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 12:54 AM   #1398
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1970 View Post
Having a little issue with my buggy sliding out around the middle of turns off throttle and sometimes at exit. Running zero on drag brake. If I get on the throttle it straightens out. Indoor clay track, med-bite. A couple of races ago the track was real tacky and it was better, but still a little loose even in those conditions. It was good until about a month ago. I've made some adjustments here and there, but nothing seems to help much. I replaced shock oil a while back and replaced the stock 550 in front and back with AE 47.5 in front and AE45 in the rear since AE is only oil available at LHS so I don't know if that's the issue? Maybe too thick? I've attached a pic of my latest set-up.
A couple of things stand out in your setup. Shock oil is too heavy for current temps (maybe 115F day at Fear Farm) and diff oil is too light for indoor clay medium bite. The best suggestion I could make is to look at Drake's MBX7R eco Standard Setup (Download from the Mugen website). Note the rear shock position, shock oil weight, and diff oil weight.

Good luck!
RoosterFarEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 10:04 AM   #1399
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by werner sline View Post
btw : do you really have to use the 12t with the 42t crowngear ? or can you use 12 and 44 ?
I'm pretty sure you do to get the mesh right.
450rdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 06:30 PM   #1400
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterFarEye View Post
A couple of things stand out in your setup. Shock oil is too heavy for current temps (maybe 115F day at Fear Farm) and diff oil is too light for indoor clay medium bite. The best suggestion I could make is to look at Drake's MBX7R eco Standard Setup (Download from the Mugen website). Note the rear shock position, shock oil weight, and diff oil weight.

Good luck!
To each his own. My shock are heavier as are almost every mugen at our track. my diffs are 5 7 3. I started out with kit setup. Kept changing until I got the feel I like. Basically one setup is not magic for everyone. Trial and error. My lap times dropped all day with every change I made. Since then only change I have made is tires and fresh batteries.
Reds racing USA.
patrick lsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:25 AM   #1401
Tech Adept

I'm about to purchase this buggy so could you guys please tell me which parts break most often because my local hobby shop doesn't carry parts for any of the good buggies (only losi and associated). Also if you could put the part number that would be great. Thanks.
RC Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:11 PM   #1402
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebolson View Post
Available at the US Distributor!
Just recived mine from your shop thanks.
Neverstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 04:31 AM   #1403
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick lsp View Post
To each his own. My shock are heavier as are almost every mugen at our track. my diffs are 5 7 3. I started out with kit setup. Kept changing until I got the feel I like. Basically one setup is not magic for everyone. Trial and error. My lap times dropped all day with every change I made. Since then only change I have made is tires and fresh batteries.
you can test 10-7-3 450 front 400 rear
quimico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:38 AM   #1404
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Thanks for advice. I didn't like 7 7 3. Pretty sure 10 7 3 be less turn in for me. Our track is tight with lots of 180 turns. 5 in front gives me most off power turn in. It's just personal preference. I want all the turn in I can get. I don't mind losing on power steering. I finish the turn with the rear on throttle. It works for me. Might not for others for others. I pass a lot of people when they run just a little wide in a slow corner. My setup turns off power like a dream. At the end of day I run out of driver skilz, not because car isn't good. Usually in the back of the a or sometimes fighting for bump from b.

Anyone running the f/r universals yet? I have them, just no time to wrench or race right now. Any difference in handling?
Reds racing USA.
patrick lsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:03 PM   #1405
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick lsp View Post
Thanks for advice. I didn't like 7 7 3. Pretty sure 10 7 3 be less turn in for me. Our track is tight with lots of 180 turns. 5 in front gives me most off power turn in. It's just personal preference. I want all the turn in I can get. I don't mind losing on power steering. I finish the turn with the rear on throttle. It works for me. Might not for others for others. I pass a lot of people when they run just a little wide in a slow corner. My setup turns off power like a dream. At the end of day I run out of driver skilz, not because car isn't good. Usually in the back of the a or sometimes fighting for bump from b.

Anyone running the f/r universals yet? I have them, just no time to wrench or race right now. Any difference in handling?
I have them but not installed yet... I doubt it will be any difference in feel, maybe a bit more free rolling but thats it.. The stockers with the t-works pin sleeve works great,less chance for a failure.. Unis are good for that too
hairymuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:27 PM   #1406
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairymuffin View Post
Remember the 7r tower is shorter,so he would need the shorter rear shocks, other than that, the 7 is just as good, even a 6 Eco is still good
In reference, if i was to put the 7r rear tower onto the 7 and put 4mm spacers inside the 7 rear shocks that should give me a similar effect for the lower c.o.g. please note i do say similar
jagman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:55 PM   #1407
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagman1 View Post
In reference, if i was to put the 7r rear tower onto the 7 and put 4mm spacers inside the 7 rear shocks that should give me a similar effect for the lower c.o.g. please note i do say similar
yes, or just put R rear shafts in they are shorter.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:08 AM   #1408
Tech Rookie

Can anyone tell me if the mbx7r eco parts can be used on a mbx7 eco?
thanks
Tiges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:50 AM   #1409
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiges View Post
Can anyone tell me if the mbx7r eco parts can be used on a mbx7 eco?
thanks
Yes, but certain things will need to he change.. Like if you use the rear universals, you will need the rear arms.. When hou break a part, start buying 7r parts..
Old 01-12-2016, 07:54 AM   #1410
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagman1 View Post
If you are gonna doo all that, just keep it as it is... The 7r shocks are worth it.. Stock 7 is still good... Call mugen and ask adam for a better answer as to the effects ...try it your way, it might work out...you can get shocks cheap on ebay