Search
Like Tree29Likes

Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 03:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
We have a large following of ebuggy here, but the majority race indoor.. Adam doesnt race indoor...
Why doesn't Adam run indoor electric like other pro's. He's such a smooth driver he'd be great.
Old 09-20-2015, 05:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 450rdawg
I just put the 6x1.3 pistons in mine. I was just wondering if there was a benefit before I spend the cash on the caps. A friend of mine suggested a new shock package to me that included the 6x1.3. Gonna try it out on Sunday to see how the car reacts. Went stiffer on the front/rear springs as well as thinning the oil out a bit. Seems like the action of the shock is quite a bit quicker but you know how that goes. Will know when I get to lay some rubber down.
Well, it works. Quite well too. I've got to say that this is the new shock setup I'm using from here forward. Steering was great, rear end was hooked up and the chassis wasn't constantly slapping the ground off a decent sized jump anymore.
Old 09-20-2015, 05:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Are the 6x1.3 a stock mugen piston?
Old 09-20-2015, 08:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CarFanatic
Are the 6x1.3 a stock mugen piston?
I used Kyosho pistons. They fit fine.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just put the 6x1.3 pistons in mine. I was just wondering if there was a benefit before I spend the cash on the caps. A friend of mine suggested a new shock package to me that included the 6x1.3. Gonna try it out on Sunday to see how the car reacts. Went stiffer on the front/rear springs as well as thinning the oil out a bit. Seems like the action of the shock is quite a bit quicker but you know how that goes. Will know when I get to lay some rubber down.
What caps are you referring too? The 6x1.3 emulsion is a solid shock package. I run CSI blue on smooth indoor tracks, noting too crazy and 6x1.3 emulsion for anything ruff and outdoor.
A friend that used to be with tekno, recently picked up a mbx7rE. He can't drive, at least not on the level. Dude can setup a car like no other. I drove his and my mouth hit the floor. Ive never driven anything that had the amount of steering as his did. I qualified 2nd overall this weekend, I'm decent driver. I hit the tube probably 10 times on the first lap alone. All around too much, on power, off power. He said he had 10/10/7 in the diffs. Has anyone every heard of such a thing? needless to say hes supposed to dropbox me this setup
Old 09-21-2015, 05:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dont Hack Me
What caps are you referring too? The 6x1.3 emulsion is a solid shock package. I run CSI blue on smooth indoor tracks, noting too crazy and 6x1.3 emulsion for anything ruff and outdoor.
A friend that used to be with tekno, recently picked up a mbx7rE. He can't drive, at least not on the level. Dude can setup a car like no other. I drove his and my mouth hit the floor. Ive never driven anything that had the amount of steering as his did. I qualified 2nd overall this weekend, I'm decent driver. I hit the tube probably 10 times on the first lap alone. All around too much, on power, off power. He said he had 10/10/7 in the diffs. Has anyone every heard of such a thing? needless to say hes supposed to dropbox me this setup
I'm referring to the CSI caps that are available through Amain. Don't think I'm gonna try them at this point, now that my suspension is working for me. As for diffs, I have 10/7/3 in mine. I ran 10/10/4 at Wicked and it seemed pretty good but that was a fast, high bite track.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dont Hack Me
...He can't drive...
So much for your setup...

Too bad hes kinda right
Old 09-21-2015, 07:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I used Kyosho pistons. They fit fine.
do you have a part number on those?
Old 09-21-2015, 12:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CarFanatic
do you have a part number on those?
KYOIF347-136
Old 09-21-2015, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My buggy is always slapping the chassis of off every jump, I'm currently using 6 hole pistons and 40.5 oil rear and 35 front with stock springs. what can I do?

Thanks.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by eortizr
My buggy is always slapping the chassis of off every jump, I'm currently using 6 hole pistons and 40.5 oil rear and 35 front with stock springs. what can I do?

Thanks.
go for pistons with less holes and smaller holes with a bit thinner oil. you will get more pack : oil will be forced and slowed down in those few holes at high speed hits and you will bottom less.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

i finished my mbx7r and had my wheels rubbing ( hobao wheels ) : the mugen hex hub is really thin ! i had to put some old xray +2mm hub to resolve the situation.
I guess you don't have that issue with proline wheels...
also notice that the mugen hex hub have a very thin flange near the pin, just like the xray. My hobao hubs don't fit !

i order to get a maximum steering ( just for fun ) , i had to trim a bit the front gearbox because the steering plates hits the gearbox at full steering ...

body check : i bought the mbx6 body too : it fits perfectly the mbx7r chassis, no mods needed : even better than the original mbx7r body ( that lets 2mm between the mudguards and the body )
about height for the lipo : the mbx6 body is 5mm lower. so a regular 50mm height hardcase lipo may not fit. I use softpacks anyway

droop check : I am very pleased : the mbx7r has a lot of droop . suspension travel : 55mm front, 60 mm rear with the stock setup. not a lot actually because the shocks and shocktower are a bit short.
what misses is more suspension travel when the chassis bottoms out. what for ? more stability on bumpy turns when the suspension is already compressed
( anyone knows the tekno suspension travel ? )

Last edited by werner sline; 09-21-2015 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by eortizr

Thanks.
That's a very broad question with lots of moving parts. What is the entire setup on the rear? Need to know anti squat, ride hight, piston hole sizes shock mount position on both arm and tower, droop setting (preferably at the bottom of the axle, not the shock length). I'd also like to know what caused you to run thicker oil in the rear vs the front. Also need to make sure that the shocks are full of oil. I personally feel that the shocks have a better pack with less holes and thinner oil. It also allows the action of the shock to cycle a lot quicker.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

That's a very broad question with lots of moving parts. What is the entire setup on the rear? Need to know anti squat, ride hight, piston hole sizes shock mount position on both arm and tower, droop setting (preferably at the bottom of the axle, not the shock length). I'd also like to know what caused you to run thicker oil in the rear vs the front. Also need to make sure that the shocks are full of oil. I personally feel that the shocks have a better pack with less holes and thinner oil. It also allows the action of the shock to cycle a lot quicker.
is the stock setup that came in the box, the stock pistons were 8holes and 500 mugen oil, I changed the pistos to 6x1.35 and 400 oil. I just went by what the guy at the LHS told me. It actually felt better and was not bottoming out that often. I might change the pistons to 5x1.35 with 300 oil and test again.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

Any of you guys running your eco on 2s ony? my Local track is of medium size and was wondering if you could get 10 min out of 3300 30c 2S lipo using an RX8 gen2/1900kv motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.