Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree13Likes

Old 12-27-2014, 07:43 PM   #91
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waflet View Post
Hideeho
All cars are going to slide the rear. The alternative is for the front to push. It all depends on where in a turn you want to slide the rear in a turn. I find the losi, agama, & associated slide the rear going into a turn while the mugen slides the rear coming out of a turn. This can be modified by your set up to some extent, but is very dependent on the design of the front end. The mugen, kyosho, & sworks have similar front ends. The losi, agama, & techno are on the other end of the spectrum. X-ray, & JQ are supposed to be more balanced.
I'm torn between this buggy and the xb8e, u say the xray is more more balanced. Can u help in any way with my decision? Unfortunately I don't have the option of driving either buggy before I order and have never owned one from either company. I would greatly appreciate any input u guys could give me. Large indoor hard packed dirt track medium traction. I care more about a better handling and jumping buggy then I do in longevity as I don't crash and break often.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:45 PM   #92
Tech Fanatic

My other question is which Tekin gen 2 combo are most of u running on large tracks, the 1900 or 2050?
Old 12-27-2014, 11:20 PM   #93
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckya View Post
Did any of u guys have the 7? Was there a problem with the arms on the 7 like there is with the 7T? If so did they change the arms on the R? I wanted the truggy until reading about so many guys breaking the arms on it, so gonna wait for a 7TR. Has anyone heard anything about a 7TR coming out? Bottom line is its either this buggy or the new XRAY.
I have the Mbx7eco and I have never broke an arm. The buggy is rock solid. I may upgrade some of the 7r parts but see no need to do so yet.
HollywoodRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 12:20 AM   #94
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckya View Post
I'm torn between this buggy and the xb8e, u say the xray is more more balanced. Can u help in any way with my decision? Unfortunately I don't have the option of driving either buggy before I order and have never owned one from either company. I would greatly appreciate any input u guys could give me. Large indoor hard packed dirt track medium traction. I care more about a better handling and jumping buggy then I do in longevity as I don't crash and break often.
Hideeho
Unfortunately I can't comment (other than parroting what I've read about the X-ray) as I've never driven one. Hopefully that will change in near future as there are 2 local guys that have picked them up recently.

I can comment on the x7eco & hopefully in the near future about the x7r Eco. Coming from road racing (track days really) & autocrossing I divide corners into 3 sections. Turn in, off power or trail breaking (light on the breaks). Mid corner, off power or rolling into power. And track out, past apex on power or rolling to full throttle. Even at its most aggressive settings the turn in is very controllable, no major step outs on the rear. Mid corner had some pushing for me on the stock setup. Coming out of the corner on power is where the x7 REALLY shines for me. For my setup I have gone to maximum caster (front top arm all the way back, bottom front arm forward). This got rid of the mid corner push, but made the rear break loose VERY easily on power, & made the front react VERY slow on turn in. I went with more Ackerman to help with turn in, more rear toe, & heavier rear dif oil (7k/10k/5k) to help with controlling the rear on corner exit. This setup allows me to brake very late (pushes on brakes), turn in (good turning at neutral) & get back on power (the front really pulls the rear around) VERY early in the turn.

The odd thing about my setup is it has been described as both extremely lazy (another mugen driver) & undrivablly loose (kyosho driver). Both drivers are more skilled than I am & both turned faster laps with my buggy than their own the day they drove my buggy.
Waflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:36 AM   #95
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I have driven a xb8e a few times. My impression is it drives very similar to my mbx7 eco. When I drove it I felt comfortable with it almost right away. The 16mm shock made a difference on the xb8e but mugen has 16mm shocks now. To me the fit and finish on the mugen was better but not by much. They both have the corner exit loss rear. Xray hop ups are more expensive then mugen. I like the pillow ball setup on the mugen better then the xb8e. The steering felt smoother and more consistent then the xb8e. Hope this helps.
youtube.com/user/egobrkr
Thanks to my sponsors Mugen Seiki and Radiopost
egobrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 10:33 AM   #96
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

To wreckya the mbx7,7t or 7eco does not have fragile arms.
on my buggies ive never broken arms from simple crashes,in fact my 1 only broken arm came from a collision with a fence at high speed,same with my 7t same fence and my stupid decision to take a jump with an aggressive driver .
I only change my arms after a months worth of racing and practice.
As for the r series arms they are the same arms , just modified to work with the universals.
i watched a guy break the same arm on his 7t over and over not because they are weak but because he was driving very aggressively on the wrong part of the track.
-> a double double jump next to a fence ,with a brick wall behind it,choose the wrong line and u paid for it.

Al Statton iv
210 849 7279

Last edited by statton iv; 12-28-2014 at 11:17 AM.
statton iv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 05:30 PM   #97
Tech Addict

Time to start the build.
Attached Thumbnails
The official Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!-image.jpg  
Old 12-28-2014, 06:14 PM   #98
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by statton iv View Post
on my buggies ive never broken arms from simple crashes,in fact my 1 only broken arm came from a collision with a fence at high speed,same with my 7t same fence and my stupid decision to take a jump with an aggressive driver .
As for the r series arms they are the same arms , just modified to work with the universals.
i watched a guy break the same arm on his 7t over and over not because they are weak but because he was driving very aggressively on the wrong part of the track.
-> a double double jump next to a fence ,with a brick wall behind it,choose the wrong line and u paid for it.
Hideeho
I may have given the wrong impression in my reply. I did not mean to imply the mugen arms are weak, only that they can break when you get it horribly wrong. The agama arms DO NOT break, EVER. I bent a hinge pin & did not break the arm. If your primary goal is to NEVER break an arm, I HIGHLY recommend the agama. However, if you like to go where your front wheels point, I HIGHLY recommend the mugen.
Waflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 06:46 PM   #99
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to roblupo

X7 was and is a good car, the 7R is next level for Mugen, with the Bigger shocks the ride is so much smoother, the rear shock tower helps the car feel more planted, and Accelerates a lot faster with the universals, you cant go wrong with this car, built to last, and is very fast in a lot of diff conditions indoor and out.
Low Country R/C, Philhurdraceway.com, Savannah, GA
roblupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:28 PM   #100
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblupo View Post
X7 was and is a good car, the 7R is next level for Mugen, with the Bigger shocks the ride is so much smoother, the rear shock tower helps the car feel more planted, and Accelerates a lot faster with the universals, you cant go wrong with this car, built to last, and is very fast in a lot of diff conditions indoor and out.
yep,im only upgrading my shocks and tower.
the rest when the buggy is worn out .

Al Statton iv
210 849 7279
statton iv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 02:02 AM   #101
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by statton iv View Post
Thats what I've been saying for a while, you drive too aggressive, hitting pipes alot at wot you will break arms. Personally running the 7 and 7T all last season, one broken arm in the 7 and it came from hit a pipe at wot multiple times.

LRD- Australian distributor of Werks Race Blend 30% fuel. Dedicated solely to the supply of racing products for 1/8 scale nitro Rc. -lazrd.com.au-
Nitro Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 04:39 AM   #102
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

In 7 months I have only broken a pillow ball on my x7 buggy. In 6 months between my x7t eco and x7t nitro I broke 3 front lower arms, 1 front upper arm and 1 lower rear arm. I learned with the truggy that it won't brake if you just drive it and not do anything crazy. I was braking arm when I would take a crazy or try a crazy line that I saw other drivers take.
youtube.com/user/egobrkr
Thanks to my sponsors Mugen Seiki and Radiopost
egobrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:02 AM   #103
Tech Initiate

im hopeing mine comes today im in ohio also
debocurl5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:10 AM   #104
Tech Fanatic

Thanks guys.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:11 PM   #105