Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!

Old 07-08-2015, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Mine is the same way:[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-08-2015, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anybody have issues with their pillow ball nuts loosening during a race? I have been adjusting mine before every race, and the upper pillow ball nuts are always backed out by close to a full turn by the end of a race.

Planning to order some new front hub carriers to see if maybe the old ones got stripped a bit or something.

Also broke my first part last weekend. I hit a lump of clay or something on the jump face of a triple, pitched the car up all goofy and I couldn't bring it back around, landed sideways right on the front tire. Snapped the lower front bottom arm, ripped the sway bar ball through the standoff (split it open), and bent the universal shaft Replaced the arm, straightened the universal as best as I could, and took the win on the last race of the day
Old 07-08-2015, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OfnaJoe
Mine is the same way:[IMG][/IMG]
Cool looks good. Only thing with mine is I will be putting the switch on the outside of the ESC on the side facing myself. I'll just move the ESC in a little making sure not to hit anything and everything should be cool.
Ya know I really think I am putting way too much into this, lol.

Getting ready to Solder everything in about an hour. First time doing this and I have watched youtube videos and have bought a top of the line solder unit. All I know is for my first time Do Not Fear the Solder.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:09 PM
Tech Rookie

That's how I solder mine in. I always put a zip tie around it also.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My rx8 is situated the same way, but I don't run a fan so I ran the batt leads through the cage to the front.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

I got some squeeking going on in the front end under power, break and mainly when turning... Funny thing that my tekno does the same thing.. Any thoughts? I greased everything that it called for. It's amazing how much smoother this thing is than anything else I've driven..
Old 07-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

anybody else bolt their RX8 to the plate or just use tape? I have always screwed mine to the plate.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OfnaJoe
anybody else bolt their RX8 to the plate or just use tape? I have always screwed mine to the plate.
Kyosho gyro gel
Old 07-09-2015, 02:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by aptyk88
Kyosho gyro gel
+1 on that. That stuff is amazing, has the grip to lift the buggy up by the RX8, and plenty of movement for the hard landing. Better be, at $14 for that little strip.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

any action pic of the mugen ?
Old 07-09-2015, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by worm304
I got some squeeking going on in the front end under power, break and mainly when turning... Funny thing that my tekno does the same thing.. Any thoughts? I greased everything that it called for. It's amazing how much smoother this thing is than anything else I've driven..
Usually when mine starts squeaking it's the the spacers that adjust the upper a arms. I just clean them and spray them with a spray silicone. I find the pins in the a-arms will squeak as well after dirt starts to build up. I clean and spray these as well. Problem solved.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Gpeters66
Usually when mine starts squeaking it's the the spacers that adjust the upper a arms. I just clean them and spray them with a spray silicone. I find the pins in the a-arms will squeak as well after dirt starts to build up. I clean and spray these as well. Problem solved.
Ill look at the spacers... It can't be dirt as I only have run it in the street so far getting everything lined up... Thanks!
Old 07-09-2015, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gpeters66
This car squeaks all the time. It doesn't effect the performance. Top level drivers that I have seen on the track and in the pits all have cars that squeak.

When I spray down my car with Simple Green it goes away till the next run, no big deal.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:55 AM
Tech Regular

I find it to be my sway bar ball ends in the arm. Take it apart and clean it, goes away. Or get lazy like me sometimes and live with the sound. Doesn't slow you down either way
Old 07-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well I decided to go ahead and Solder my ESC to my Motor today and I am very impressed with myself. This is my first time ever soldering anyting. Actually it was pretty easy I just had to make sure that I had the Sodering station jacked up so that the solder would be hot quick.

I bought me a decent Hakko unit and I am not sure what solder I used...however I do know it was the right kind. I believe the word "Rosin" was mentioned with this when I purchased it from the LHS.
This is definitely not lead based as I know that Is toxic so perhaps this is Iron based solder?

Anyway here are the results...I plugged in everything and the ESC is starting up fine.

Now I just need to finish the rest of the buggy such as securing the ESC down with Kyosho green sponge tape and adding in some more electronics...and it will be ready to go.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!-image.jpg  

Last edited by ShadowX; 07-09-2015 at 03:17 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.