R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree12Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-24-2014, 03:35 PM   #76
Tech Fanatic
 
wreckya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tx
Posts: 839
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Did any of u guys have the 7? Was there a problem with the arms on the 7 like there is with the 7T? If so did they change the arms on the R? I wanted the truggy until reading about so many guys breaking the arms on it, so gonna wait for a 7TR. Has anyone heard anything about a 7TR coming out? Bottom line is its either this buggy or the new XRAY.
__________________
Tekno SCT410.3, Kyosho MP9E TKI , HB D413, Losi 22SCT 1.5
wreckya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:29 AM   #77
Tech Elite
 
rcracenut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: WIS
Posts: 3,363
Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)
Default

Wrecka. Dont believe everything you read. Some guys can break ANYTHING. The key to anything is dont crash.
__________________
____________________________________________
1 Corinthians 10:31 ...whatever you do, do it all to the glory of God.
S&N Trackside Hobbies
Innovative Hobbies and Raceway
Clark RC race park
rcracenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 03:50 PM   #78
Tech Regular
 
statton iv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: san antonio,tx 78233
Posts: 353
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckya View Post
Did any of u guys have the 7? Was there a problem with the arms on the 7 like there is with the 7T? If so did they change the arms on the R? I wanted the truggy until reading about so many guys breaking the arms on it, so gonna wait for a 7TR. Has anyone heard anything about a 7TR coming out? Bottom line is its either this buggy or the new XRAY.
The 1 only arm broken on my 7t was because i pushed into a wall,other than that had the 6t,6,6r us,7,7t,and 7r no broken arms.
__________________
Thank you to my 2017 sponsors:
Dialed rc, Mugen USA,Reds racing USA ,Rchqhobbies.com

Al Statton iv
210 849 7279
statton iv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:42 PM   #79
Tech Master
 
Waflet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: helena, alabama
Posts: 1,899
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckya View Post
Did any of u guys have the 7? Was there a problem with the arms on the 7 like there is with the 7T? If so did they change the arms on the R? I wanted the truggy until reading about so many guys breaking the arms on it, so gonna wait for a 7TR. Has anyone heard anything about a 7TR coming out? Bottom line is its either this buggy or the new XRAY.
Hideeho
I can't speak for the x7t ( I don't own one), but the problem with the x7 buggy breaking arms was to much upward travel. The inside of the arm would hit the outdrive & cause it to break in that area. Mugen solved the problem by beveling the webbing on the inside of the arm (running fix on all new arms). Since the new arms got put on my buggy, the only one I have broken (2 weeks ago, & 5 minutes after stating the new arms last MUCH longer ) was by getting tapped as I launched for a big jump causing it to go wheel 1st, sideways, into the face of the landing ramp. It broke the arm, the shock shaft & bent the drive shaft. I'd call that one understandable .

The only car I have never seen a broken arm on is an Agama. I ran one for 2 years & NEVER broke an arm! All the plastics on the Agama are VERY good (at least as good if not better than Mugen & Xray). The fit & finish on everything is high quality as well (again on par or better than Mugen & Xray). The instructions are rather poor (fine if you now what your doing building a 1/8 buggy, but I would NOT recommend them as a 1st build for a novice). I feel it drives very similar to the Losi 3.0 (it should, it's almost the same car & has several interchangeable parts ). That is to say, it likes to go where the rear wheels are pointed rather than the fronts when on power & be VERY twitchy off power. That is fine for some & there are those that can make them go VERY fast, but it just didn't fit my driving style. If Agama ever makes a car that drives like an x7 & is durable like an a8, I will buy one in a second!
__________________
"Just leave me alone, I know what I'm doing."-Kimi Raikkonen
Mugen MBX7R Eco/Tekin RX8g2/Savox 2274/SMC 1900kv/Aitronics mt-4/promatch
Mugen MSC7(1/10 pro4 sct)/Tekin RX8g2/Savox 2274/Tekin Pro4HD 4300kv/Airtronics mt-4/SMC
Waflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:05 AM   #80
Tech Master
 
Waflet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: helena, alabama
Posts: 1,899
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Hideeho
I was comparing part #'s between the x6re, x7e, & x7re today & found something interesting. The spring cup part # (E0548B) for the x7re is different from the x7e, & is a different # from the x6re #, which is to be expected. With the springs I found something interesting though. Per the manual, the stock x6re springs are e0560 1.6mm, 75mm, 9.75t xsoft & are compatible (per amain) with only the x6 series. The stock x7e springs are e2508 1.5mm, 70mm, 8.0t medium & are compatible with the x7 & x7r series. The interesting part comes in with the stock x7re springs. They are e0573 1.5mm, ??mm, 7.75t hard with compatibility for the x7r, & the ENTIRE X6 SERIES . Amain lists the add date as 02-11-2011 .

WTF!?!?!?!

Looking through the rest of the springs, I find some are listed being compatible with the x6, x7, & x7r. Others are listed for the x6, & x7r. Yet others are listed as x7 & x7r. Are there actually any differences (other than length) between the x6, x7, & x7r springs?

My guess is all the Mugen springs have the same ID & will be compatible with the x6, x7, & x7r. The actual difference is the length. All 3 use 86mm length rears. The x6 uses 75mm fronts. All x7's use 70mm fronts. Is this correct even though the x7r has 16mm shocks as opposed to the 15mm's used by the x6 & x7's?
__________________
"Just leave me alone, I know what I'm doing."-Kimi Raikkonen
Mugen MBX7R Eco/Tekin RX8g2/Savox 2274/SMC 1900kv/Aitronics mt-4/promatch
Mugen MSC7(1/10 pro4 sct)/Tekin RX8g2/Savox 2274/Tekin Pro4HD 4300kv/Airtronics mt-4/SMC
Waflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 05:40 PM   #81
Tech Fanatic
 
wreckya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tx
Posts: 839
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I want to order a buggy and I'm stuck between this one and the xb8e. I race on a large indoor hard packed track that is about a med. grip track. It's not real smooth nor real bumpy. I don't crash a lot so I'm looking for whichever buggy offers more rear grip and handling. I have read on the xb8e page that guys are struggling to lock the rear down. Can someone tell me how the rear is on this buggy and it's handling. And if anyone has driven both, I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.
__________________
Tekno SCT410.3, Kyosho MP9E TKI , HB D413, Losi 22SCT 1.5
wreckya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:04 PM   #82
Tech Master
 
Waflet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: helena, alabama
Posts: 1,899
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckya View Post
I want to order a buggy and I'm stuck between this one and the xb8e. I race on a large indoor hard packed track that is about a med. grip track. It's not real smooth nor real bumpy. I don't crash a lot so I'm looking for whichever buggy offers more rear grip and handling. I have read on the xb8e page that guys are struggling to lock the rear down. Can someone tell me how the rear is on this buggy and it's handling. And if anyone has driven both, I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.
Hideeho
All cars are going to slide the rear. The alternative is for the front to push. It all depends on where in a turn you want to slide the rear in a turn. I find the losi, agama, & associated slide the rear going into a turn while the mugen slides the rear coming out of a turn. This can be modified by your set up to some extent, but is very dependent on the design of the front end. The mugen, kyosho, & sworks have similar front ends. The losi, agama, & techno are on the other end of the spectrum. X-ray, & JQ are supposed to be more balanced.
Waflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:51 AM   #83
Tech Master
 
thumper_pa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: freedom,pa
Posts: 1,178
Trader Rating: 71 (99%+)
Default Santa dropped off my mbx7R Eco today

Here it is just came hopefully I'll get it built today
Attached Thumbnails
The official Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!-image.jpg  
thumper_pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 12:28 PM   #84
Tech Master
 
egobrkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,863
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waflet View Post
Hideeho
I was comparing part #'s between the x6re, x7e, & x7re today & found something interesting. The spring cup part # (E0548B) for the x7re is different from the x7e, & is a different # from the x6re #, which is to be expected. With the springs I found something interesting though. Per the manual, the stock x6re springs are e0560 1.6mm, 75mm, 9.75t xsoft & are compatible (per amain) with only the x6 series. The stock x7e springs are e2508 1.5mm, 70mm, 8.0t medium & are compatible with the x7 & x7r series. The interesting part comes in with the stock x7re springs. They are e0573 1.5mm, ??mm, 7.75t hard with compatibility for the x7r, & the ENTIRE X6 SERIES . Amain lists the add date as 02-11-2011 .

WTF!?!?!?!

Looking through the rest of the springs, I find some are listed being compatible with the x6, x7, & x7r. Others are listed for the x6, & x7r. Yet others are listed as x7 & x7r. Are there actually any differences (other than length) between the x6, x7, & x7r springs?

My guess is all the Mugen springs have the same ID & will be compatible with the x6, x7, & x7r. The actual difference is the length. All 3 use 86mm length rears. The x6 uses 75mm fronts. All x7's use 70mm fronts. Is this correct even though the x7r has 16mm shocks as opposed to the 15mm's used by the x6 & x7's?
Yes the x7 and x7R use a shorter front spring. All the springs will fit x6, x7 and x7r. The x7R has 16mm shocks but still use the same springs as the 15mm shocks.
__________________
Mugen MBX7R Triton L5 Picco 2120 pipe M2C clutch
Mugen MBX7T Triton L5 Triton 2120 pipe M2C clutch
Mugen MBX7R Eco Tekin RX8 Gen2 Tekin 2050kv
youtube.com/user/egobrkr
Thanks to my sponsors Mugen Seiki and Radiopost
egobrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 12:29 PM   #85
Tech Master
 
egobrkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,863
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper_pa View Post
Here it is just came hopefully I'll get it built today
Nice! Build it in 1 day. Good luck.
__________________
Mugen MBX7R Triton L5 Picco 2120 pipe M2C clutch
Mugen MBX7T Triton L5 Triton 2120 pipe M2C clutch
Mugen MBX7R Eco Tekin RX8 Gen2 Tekin 2050kv
youtube.com/user/egobrkr
Thanks to my sponsors Mugen Seiki and Radiopost
egobrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 03:28 PM   #86
Tech Master
 
thumper_pa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: freedom,pa
Posts: 1,178
Trader Rating: 71 (99%+)
Default Not happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by egobrkr View Post
Nice! Build it in 1 day. Good luck.
Yea with a 7 month old son and 11 year old daughter and wife all home I didn't even attempt it I was having batchlor days flash back when I've did that type of stuff but I'll get it done this week
__________________
My wife & kids
TLR- 22 3.0 & 22-4 thank you Dave (Konasubs)
TLR- 22SCT for my daughter and again big thank you (Konasubs)
TLR- 22 3.0 for my daughter mega big thank you (Konasubs & Seether)
thumper_pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 03:57 PM   #87
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 485
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

hahah thumper I know how you feel there mate its like you had all time in the world now you have a wife who want you to do thing for her a kids wants thing to do and all
TheMuffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 04:55 PM   #88
Tech Adept
 
BackWoodsRacing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Charles Town WV
Posts: 108
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by egobrkr View Post
Nice! Build it in 1 day. Good luck.
Was there anything that you noticed that was a little difficult or funny to do. Building my GF now wanted to know if there was anything I need to look for.
BackWoodsRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 05:12 PM   #89
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by egobrkr View Post
Yes the x7 and x7R use a shorter front spring. All the springs will fit x6, x7 and x7r. The x7R has 16mm shocks but still use the same springs as the 15mm shocks.
Ho is that possible
Keith B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 05:14 PM   #90
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuffinman View Post
hahah thumper I know how you feel there mate its like you had all time in the world now you have a wife who want you to do thing for her a kids wants thing to do and all
How is that possible
Keith B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:10 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net