R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree16Likes

Old 03-09-2015, 07:50 AM   #406
Tech Initiate

I just finished mine this weekend. The weather is to ugly to go out and run it but I have a couple of setup questions. The factory setup sheet shows about 1 degree of toe out. That seems excessive to me. About half that I would think is more then adequate for most situations. For those that have run the car what do you have yours set at? It does seem to have a lot of camber up front. I am going to run it at this amount for its maiden outing. Has anyone changed the camber from the stock setup and how did it change or improve your handling?
Al_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:46 AM   #407
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1970 View Post
Another question I have is battery. Looking for a what would be a good size and brands to use. I race on smaller indoor tracks mostly, but also large outdoor some in summer time. I use SMC currently with my other vehicles, but I don't really see any 4S available right now on their website.
Dinogy lipos might be Worth a try
maxmekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:39 AM   #408
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_T View Post
I just finished mine this weekend. The weather is to ugly to go out and run it but I have a couple of setup questions. The factory setup sheet shows about 1 degree of toe out. That seems excessive to me. About half that I would think is more then adequate for most situations. For those that have run the car what do you have yours set at? It does seem to have a lot of camber up front. I am going to run it at this amount for its maiden outing. Has anyone changed the camber from the stock setup and how did it change or improve your handling?
Mine is set to 1 deg out and it works great. I've had it set to 1 deg in as well but I like the 1 deg out because it helps with initial turn in. -1 deg out is acceptable, -2 deg out and beyond I think is where the limit is.
team orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:59 PM   #409
Tech Adept

Hi, in my Losi-e running 6s i felt fine with 15t pinion and 45t spur.

Still using 6s and 1400 kv Tekin motor, which pinion and spur do you suggest me to use in Mugen ? Medium tracks.

What's the advantage of a conical spur ?

Thx
Emmeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:12 PM   #410
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by team orange View Post
Mine is set to 1 deg out and it works great. I've had it set to 1 deg in as well but I like the 1 deg out because it helps with initial turn in. -1 deg out is acceptable, -2 deg out and beyond I think is where the limit is.
Thanks for the info. I look forward to some better weather to get it on the track.

It was a super smooth build everything just went together incredibly well. Really a very high quality kit for sure.
Al_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:30 PM   #411
Tech Adept

Anybody have problem with upright splitting when installing adjustment nut? One of mine did, then when doing the other upright, I was real careful and it still split too. I've done a lot of kits over the years with no problems. This was my first Mugen kit, and first problem.
Attached Thumbnails
The official Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!-split-part.jpg  
"When in doubt, FULL THROTTLE. It may not be the best solution, but it ends the suspense."
Matt1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:26 PM   #412
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Anybody have problem with upright splitting when installing adjustment nut? One of mine did, then when doing the other upright, I was real careful and it still split too. I've done a lot of kits over the years with no problems. This was my first Mugen kit, and first problem.
No issues with mine. But I did have to make sure the nut went in just right. Otherwise the thread didn't want to go in.
dengor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 05:32 AM   #413
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengor View Post
No issues with mine. But I did have to make sure the nut went in just right. Otherwise the thread didn't want to go in.
Yea. I'm sure that's what caused it. But it was unusually hard to get in straight from the beginning. After the first one, I tried my hardest to get the 2nd in straight. No luck.

EDIT: I contacted Mugen and they are already sending me replacement parts. (That's what I was expecting from a good company and got. Good start.)
"When in doubt, FULL THROTTLE. It may not be the best solution, but it ends the suspense."

Last edited by Matt1970; 03-11-2015 at 06:45 AM.
Matt1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:08 AM   #414
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Yea. I'm sure that's what caused it. But it was unusually hard to get in straight from the beginning. After the first one, I tried my hardest to get the 2nd in straight. No luck.

EDIT: I contacted Mugen and they are already sending me replacement parts. (That's what I was expecting from a good company and got. Good start.)
To help get them in straight I take my 5mm hex wrench and I put a drill bit drill stop on the wrench itself. I leave only enough wrench to stick out to fill the cap. This holds the cap in position and now you can keep the threads square to the upright threads
Old 03-11-2015, 05:36 PM   #415
Tech Regular

I was hoping a couple of people could chime in on this. I had the 7 eco and loved they way it was on the ground but didnt like how it landed. Really didn't like how you had to downside perfectly or it sometime would get unsettled. It always seemed really soft to me. I don't down side everything. I can hit my marks but it its a small double and i can make more time. Ill go for it and flat land over down siding. How does it feel againt the 7 eco?. Is it a small increase in overall stability, medium, large...Holy sh*t this thing is amazing, etc.... If anyone can compare it to Tekno, that would be great. Thanks in advance
Dont Hack Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 03:19 AM   #416
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to roblupo

I have been running Mugen since 2004, ran the AE car for about two years in that time and back to Mugen, and I have never seen that.....The only thing I have seen with this new car is the arms seem somewhat soft....meaning dont leave the car on a stand with wheels on it for any amount of time or they will warp....but other than that car has been solid.
Low Country R/C, Philhurdraceway.com, Savannah, GA
roblupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 03:06 AM   #417
Tech Regular

Got a question about running the underdrive gearing in the rear. Do I adjust the weight of my diff fluid or do I still run the same weight oil. I currently run 7-7-3.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:17 PM   #418
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpeters66 View Post
Got a question about running the underdrive gearing in the rear. Do I adjust the weight of my diff fluid or do I still run the same weight oil. I currently run 7-7-3.
Mugen recommends going up in center diff fluid. I just got mine to try next weekend but I'm keeping the 7k and see how it feels. If it diffs out too much under acceleration I'll go to 10k
Old 03-13-2015, 04:52 PM   #419
Tech Regular

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2015, 06:33 AM   #420
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BermyDomRepRC Send a message via Yahoo to BermyDomRepRC Send a message via Skype™ to BermyDomRepRC

Hi guys love my 7R eco but looking to make some small changes is anybody running Drake's 10 10 7 diff oil also if so how did it work? I see on his set up sheet in the Comments section it says Clutch system does anyone know what that is ?
BermyDomRepRC is offline   Reply With Quote