Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree29Likes

Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 06:55 PM
Tech Rookie

For those who are thinking about using the Xerun 150a on this buggy, see attached photos of mine. I was worried it would overhang a lot. But as you can see, its actually a good fit. Only a Little bit of overhang. I currently am not sensored, but the way I've set up the ESC means the sensor cable plug opens easily towards the motor for when I get a sensored motor.

Haven't decided where to stick the ESC switch yet. Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!-img-20150227-wa0005.jpg   Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!-img-20150227-wa0004.jpg   Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!-img-20150227-wa0003.jpg  
Old 03-01-2015, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ran mine for the first time yesterday and was very pleased. I used mostly the box set up except on front camber. I ran one washer on top and no washers on bottom and to make up the loss in track width I ran +1mm hubs. I wasn't sure where to go completely with the camber for indoor so I started there and running 3 classes did not have too much time to play with it. Still playing around with some radio setup and hopefully get some more time on it next Saturday. What can I say It's a Mugen!! Looking forward to getting the MBX7TR soon to compliment it for outdoor season coming up!!
Old 03-01-2015, 08:14 AM
Tech Initiate

may i ask you something...
i will buy a mugen mbx5 converted to brushless.. and the listing doenst include a receiver box... could i buy the one from mbx7R eco?
will it fit?
and generally.. will the components of the mbx7r eco fit my model ?
Old 03-01-2015, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fotispao
may i ask you something...
i will buy a mugen mbx5 converted to brushless.. and the listing doenst include a receiver box... could i buy the one from mbx7R eco?
will it fit?
and generally.. will the components of the mbx7r eco fit my model ?
You will have to drill holes for it to fit..the only thing you can use from the7r is thr bearings and the diff parts,like the cases and gears,maybe even the towers,shocks.. If you tied to run the arms,you would need to change the alum hinge pin holders.. The motor mount should fit also..
Old 03-01-2015, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wreckya
I want to ship my painter some bodies and was wondering if u guy's could tell me if these bodies work with this buggy and if they clear batteries? And is it true that I will only need 4500 mAh packs to make 10 min mains? I don't want to have to run my packs on their sides so can someone give me battery dimensions that I can run flat and w these bodies? Thanks in advance. PL Phantom MBX7 pt# PRO3433-00, PL Bulldog gen3 MBX7 pt# PRO3406-00, JC Silencer MBX7 pt# JCO0253, JC Silencer MBX7 ECO pt# JCO0268
For a big outdoor track,you will be cutting it close with anything under 5000mah.. At the dnc i had to run 6500 cuz the track was big, and had 10min mains and plus you have to consider how fast and smooth you are..after a 7min qual we put 3800mah back in at dnc.. Big track tho... Ty ran shorty 4500s. Being smooth is critcal..go 5000mah good in between battery
Old 03-01-2015, 08:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
You will have to drill holes for it to fit..the only thing you can use from the7r is thr bearings and the diff parts,like the cases and gears,maybe even the towers,shocks.. If you tied to run the arms,you would need to change the alum hinge pin holders.. The motor mount should fit also..
do you know if there is an electric mugen model which will fit mine 100%..
i was determined to buy this converted mpx5.. but i think i will have a hard time finding parts....
Old 03-01-2015, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

do you know if there is an electric mugen model which will fit mine 100%..
i was determined to buy this converted mpx5.. but i think i will have a hard time finding parts....
You should be ok. If you got in a bind with parts,im sute the new arms might fit,but it will not be legal in terms of arm width...you can find the mbx6 pretty cheap..the arms should be fairly close to fitting..that would be your main concern..see if you can compare it to another arm..i would not worry much..if it were me, i would sell it and at least get a 6... If its out of reach, then just enjoy what u have..u can still find 5 parts so dont worry. I still have 5r shocks because the shafts were the same for my 6
Old 03-01-2015, 09:17 AM
Tech Initiate

You should be ok. If you got in a bind with parts,im sute the new arms might fit,but it will not be legal in terms of arm width...you can find the mbx6 pretty cheap..the arms should be fairly close to fitting..that would be your main concern..see if you can compare it to another arm..i would not worry much..if it were me, i would sell it and at least get a 6... If its out of reach, then just enjoy what u have..u can still find 5 parts so dont worry. I still have 5r shocks because the shafts were the same for my 6
i found it used.. in a very good condition
only for 160$...
it is complete but without servo and remote controller..
with 2560kv turnigy motor 5s
and turnigy trackstar 150A 1/8 esc
Old 03-01-2015, 09:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

only for 160$...
It seems like a good deal but that's a really big motor for buggy. You'll probably change it shortly after you begin running. You are right to worry about parts availability, this car is nearly 10 years (and 2 generations) old. I'm told lots of the parts from Caster's buggy work so that might be a good resource. You should also be able to find decent used rollers for part donors at very low costs.

Good luck with it. The MBX-5r was always one of my favorite buggies.
Old 03-01-2015, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

only for 160$...
thats a good deal,yea, with that motor you might be better off with a 3s battery...or you can sell that motor and get the smc 1900kv, its only $69!! Sell that other 5r you have for sure..The 6 is an awesome buggy!! my son ran it for years at the pro level up until a few months ago
Old 03-01-2015, 10:04 AM
Tech Initiate

thats a good deal,yea, with that motor you might be better off with a 3s battery...or you can sell that motor and get the smc 1900kv, its only $69!! Sell that other 5r you have for sure..The 6 is an awesome buggy!! my son ran it for years at the pro level up until a few months ago
this motor i have with 4s will not work properly ?
the one i found used is the mpx5..

i dont have it yet... i will buy it in the next few days.
no money for new motor or new model kit right now
Old 03-01-2015, 10:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Davidka
It seems like a good deal but that's a really big motor for buggy. You'll probably change it shortly after you begin running. You are right to worry about parts availability, this car is nearly 10 years (and 2 generations) old. I'm told lots of the parts from Caster's buggy work so that might be a good resource. You should also be able to find decent used rollers for part donors at very low costs.

Good luck with it. The MBX-5r was always one of my favorite buggies.
have you been told what caster buggy model is the one that will fit?
Old 03-01-2015, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I finally set some time aside to breakout my airbrush and acrylic paints for the stock MBX7R body...
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!-image.jpg  
Old 03-03-2015, 03:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Here's mine painted and ready to roll
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!-img_20150303_173231.jpg  
Old 03-04-2015, 05:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dengor
Here's mine painted and ready to roll
Very nice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.