Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Mugen MBX7R Eco thread! >

Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!

Like Tree29Likes

Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!

Old 01-27-2015, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

RCgod,

I am not going to bash the Tekno, it is a very fast car and look at Lutz he is flying with it. All cars are pretty good now days, BUT!! the Mugen is an awesome car, so easy to work on, and the fit and finish of the car is awesome right out of the box. To me the Tekno looks kinda cheap maybe....IDK, Its not that its not a good car, but the Mugen looks great, its easy to work on, parts and things are easy to get. All the parts since the X4 have competly been upgraded so its worth spending the money for this kit.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

any of you have a hard time accessing the front droop screws? For me I have to remove the shocks and lift the arms up to have better clearance but still have to screw it at an angle. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong. only way for me is to use the included allen wrench but sway bars must be removed first
Old 01-27-2015, 09:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I use a 2mm ball end hex to adjust droop. Real easy.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bburns
I use a 2mm ball end hex to adjust droop. Real easy.
Thanks will grab one myself!
Old 01-27-2015, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyba888
Thanks! I had someone paint the body for me and he added the screen himself so not sure where to purchase sorry.

How are you guys measuring droop? Manual shows to measure the shock ends but for me it's such a hassle and for some reason can never get both sides the same length. Most of you prefer droop blocks instead?
yes I bought some cheap turnigy truggy blocks. I set one side with the callipers according to the setup sheet, drop it on the blocks, measure set side with droop scale, and repeat on the other side. Eyeballing it seems equal, I never touch the callipers again cos I know it will be wrong lolz
Old 01-28-2015, 12:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
yes I bought some cheap turnigy truggy blocks. I set one side with the callipers according to the setup sheet, drop it on the blocks, measure set side with droop scale, and repeat on the other side. Eyeballing it seems equal, I never touch the callipers again cos I know it will be wrong lolz
I did the same as well
Old 01-28-2015, 12:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roblupo
RCgod,

I am not going to bash the Tekno, it is a very fast car and look at Lutz he is flying with it. All cars are pretty good now days, BUT!! the Mugen is an awesome car, so easy to work on, and the fit and finish of the car is awesome right out of the box. To me the Tekno looks kinda cheap maybe....IDK, Its not that its not a good car, but the Mugen looks great, its easy to work on, parts and things are easy to get. All the parts since the X4 have competly been upgraded so its worth spending the money for this kit.
Thanks for the input. The mugen is only $30 more so that's not a big deal. Would you say the car is more front or rear steering biased? I like a car with a lot of turn in and not ass happy coming out of turns. Some cars are hard to get setup right to do this, since most pros like a car that is more rear steer biased.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by donnyc2015
Ok need some help..how do I build my mbx7eco into a 7r..new and confused..thanks in advance
There is a list of new parts for the 7R on this page. I assume you could add those to a regular 7 and get a 7R.

Maybe download both manuals and compare parts lists to see what all looks different.

MBX7R Eco Specs

MBX7 Eco Specs
Old 01-28-2015, 06:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Wink

To gain access to the front droop screwa compress the suspention all the way down this take stress of the screw head and then you can get striaght on it from between the upper arm and the upper brace.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyba888
any of you have a hard time accessing the front droop screws? For me I have to remove the shocks and lift the arms up to have better clearance but still have to screw it at an angle. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong. only way for me is to use the included allen wrench but sway bars must be removed first
you can also adjust from the bottom..its harder fromthe top because the newer x7 arms have the new cross brace in the way
Old 01-28-2015, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by donnyc2015
Ok need some help..how do I build my mbx7eco into a 7r..new and confused..thanks in advance
get the front and rear shocks and the rear tower..I would not worry about the other parts right now,I would only get the other parts when you wear out the old parts..other wise,you will need rear arms,hubs,universals f/r, front hubs and upper front arms..The shocks and rear tower will make a huge difference!!..I dont like the new universals because they are not rebuildable(like the kyosko)
Old 01-28-2015, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by debocurl5.0
To gain access to the front droop screwa compress the suspention all the way down this take stress of the screw head and then you can get striaght on it from between the upper arm and the upper brace.
This way is even better..lol
Old 01-28-2015, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
Thanks for the input. The mugen is only $30 more so that's not a big deal. Would you say the car is more front or rear steering biased? I like a car with a lot of turn in and not ass happy coming out of turns. Some cars are hard to get setup right to do this, since most pros like a car that is more rear steer biased.
Hideeho
Based on what you are describing you want handling wise, I would highly recommend an agama a215. It has great off power turn in & launches like a missile where ever the rear tires are pointed with no over steer. The box setup on the x7/x7r Eco gives more on power steering with a tendency towards over steer if your aggressive with the throttle.

The difference is I would describe what you are looking for as rear steer. The rear being more locked in so the car goes where the rear tires are pointed. I would describe the mugen as front steer. The front tends to pull the rear around to where the front tires are pointed to the point of breaking the rears loose on power.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (97%+)

I need to make a decision of what buggy I am going to get. I am stuck on the 8ight e 3.0 or the mugen mbx7r eco. I've had most every brand but serpent I'm the past along with the losi 2.0, the mbx7 eco and mbx6r eco. Also drove an mp9 tki3 e for a while. How does the mbx7r eco compare to a losi 3.0? Or Mp9? Thanks.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by charlesandstuff
I need to make a decision of what buggy I am going to get. I am stuck on the 8ight e 3.0 or the mugen mbx7r eco. I've had most every brand but serpent I'm the past along with the losi 2.0, the mbx7 eco and mbx6r eco. Also drove an mp9 tki3 e for a while. How does the mbx7r eco compare to a losi 3.0? Or Mp9? Thanks.
they are all good,I will always say mugen is better cuz i been a fan for the past 20 years..I kow the losi is pretty aggressive as far as steering..not sure about kyosho,good car for sure but I think the mugen is alot more durable than the mp9..only dislike on the new mugen is that the universals are not rebuildable like the 7/6eco..I thik the mugen is easier to work on,acessing the diffs is a snap..mugens plastic is one of the best,wears really good,plus it gets better as the car wears in..some cars dont like slop

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.