R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree14Likes

Old 08-09-2016, 04:24 PM   #1681
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Any of you guys know where the cheapest place to buy the kit from?
NoobRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:17 PM   #1682
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Planning to come with a kit after a year long hiatus. Well versed with kit as I had the MBX6 Triplets and the 7.

Made some notes from the thread. Anything else I need to look out for when assembling the 7R? Planning to use an old Team Orion Vortex system.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:08 PM   #1683
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcindia View Post
Planning to come with a kit after a year long hiatus. Well versed with kit as I had the MBX6 Triplets and the 7.

Made some notes from the thread. Anything else I need to look out for when assembling the 7R? Planning to use an old Team Orion Vortex system.
Do yourself a favor and get an Tekin or other system, the Vortex is not reliable, nor will it do the chassis justice. even if you get a SMC 4 pole motor, and a HW EZRUN XR8 you'd be much better off.

The Orion Vortex 4 pole and ESC are more basher oriented. They will run in the buggy no problem, yet you would just be holding it back on potential.

--->When in doubt try the Search Tab, it can and actually will lead to an Answer!
1/8 IC Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:22 AM   #1684
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Do yourself a favor and get an Tekin or other system, the Vortex is not reliable, nor will it do the chassis justice. even if you get a SMC 4 pole motor, and a HW EZRUN XR8 you'd be much better off.

The Orion Vortex 4 pole and ESC are more basher oriented. They will run in the buggy no problem, yet you would just be holding it back on potential.
I don't know if you're aware , but team Orion makes some of the best sensored race systems in 1/8 scale racing, not just rtr unsensored systems. If you look at a lot of race results , you will see plenty of top level guys running the team Orion stuff.

Don't forget ... Have fun , talk sh*$ with your buddies, and have fun.

I race so I can have people flip my car over ....
wittyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:28 PM   #1685
Tech Adept

Hello, which 3S & 4S turnigy lipos fit perfectly on the Eco? Please suggest if there are any other cheap alternatives. I am not spending $100 on a battery. Always run, Turnigy and have good luck.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:46 PM   #1686
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post

Hey, its just an unused system lying with me that I ripped off a Kyosho Inferno. I was using a Mamba system on the old Eco which turned out to more reliable than the Tekins we had in my circle. It was just that I had no chance to keep up with the Tekin's power, run time and smoothness.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:27 PM   #1687
Tech Regular

What does it take to convert the nitro version to the Eco?

Battery tray, radio box, center diff?

Is the chassis a must switch?
Old 08-10-2016, 08:22 PM   #1688
Tech Master

yeah , i m afraid you will have to switch the chassis to be able to fit the lipo tray. I fact, I modified a mbx7 nitro chassis to electric : lots of different holes between the two
Old 08-10-2016, 08:23 PM   #1689
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by werner sline View Post
yeah , i m afraid you will have to switch the chassis to be able to fit the lipo tray. I fact, I modified a mbx7 nitro chassis to electric : lots of different holes between the two
Thank you thank you. Guess I won't take my chances and just switch out the chassis.
Old 08-11-2016, 05:04 AM   #1690
Tech Initiate

Quote:

I recently built an MBX7TR eco (first 1/8th scale) followed shortly by the buggy. I built all three diffs at the same time and did not realize the outdrives on the center, and drive differentials were different. I had a center outdrive on one of the rears, and gouged the axle a bit before I realized my mistake. So just be sure to use the correct case and out drives on the center diff as they are different.

I also learned to take the time to measure every fastener length to make sure the right one goes where it belongs. Due to the packaging, often times it's necessary to open many of the bags to get all of the pieces for a particular assembly. It's not easy to visually tell the difference between an eighteen, and twenty mm screw.

Overall I thought the kit fit, and finish was VERY nice, outstanding quality, and I love driving both models.

Jay
petmotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 12:28 PM   #1691
dtr
Tech Master

Quote:
Hello, which 3S & 4S turnigy lipos fit perfectly on the Eco? Please suggest if there are any other cheap alternatives. I am not spending $100 on a battery. Always run, Turnigy and have good luck.
The cheap 4s hardcase 5000mAh 20C and 4500mAh 30C fit perfectly, the bigger ones need some modification to the battery tray.
dtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:31 PM   #1692
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by petmotel View Post
So just be sure to use the correct case and out drives on the center diff as they are different.

I also learned to take the time to measure every fastener length to make
Yes, the center outdrive are flat and the F/R are round. The case is different to accept the center spur. I usually follow the manual as is. The bags get mixed up.
My 7 had a set of diff gear that wouldn't fit well. I raised issue with Yuko of Mugen factory and she send me 3 sets free.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:49 PM   #1693
Tech Master

Quote:
the mbx7r eco takes 150mm long lipo. I run hobbyking electronics and lipo. the only hardcase lipo I would suggest at hobbyking are the 2S one, 2 of them for 4s power. The mbx7r eco can take 2x 2s lipo and has even the right mount for them

I choose to built a long lipo tray and put the esc on the right side so that I can use the long nanotech softpack !
Old 08-13-2016, 07:07 AM   #1694
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

quick brush n rattle can, looking forward to the debut this weekend if the weather holds.
Attached Thumbnails
The official Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!-mbx7reco.jpg  
MeasuresMicrons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 02:04 PM   #1695
Tech Master

nice effect ! show it with the stickers