R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree14Likes

Old 07-11-2016, 07:31 PM   #1651
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

That's the motor I'm looking at to match it to my XR8.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbywi...405000/p508748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Dog View Post
I have a Hobbywing XR8 plus and a HW 2250 motor it has more than enough power through its whole rpm range, I don't really like the bullet connectors that the motor has, I would look into HW new brushless motors that have solder tabs on the motor.
MeasuresMicrons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:38 PM   #1652
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

[QUOTE=MeasuresMicrons;14598482]That's the motor I'm looking at to match it to my XR8.

I have been running the 1900kv for about a month now. SUPER impressive, very smooth.

Last edited by racer1812; 07-18-2016 at 08:59 AM.
mebolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 05:05 AM   #1653
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I just looked at your small local shop online. sending PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebolson View Post
I have been running the 1900kv for about a month now. SUPER impressive, very smooth.

Last edited by racer1812; 07-18-2016 at 08:59 AM.
MeasuresMicrons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:08 AM   #1654
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 233 (100%+)

Doing some due diligence on various 1/8 vehicles out there and have a few questions on the xray xb8e 2016 platform:

- Does Mugen have a very active race team that looks to promote the vehicle and provide direction on setups, mods, etc. to the user community, especially on rctech or are we kind of on our own here? (coming from durango, this is a big thing to me as right now the policy of no driving team seems to just mean "your on your own" these days)

- How is the quality of mugen parts in comparison to say Tekno or XRay?

- If anyone knows, how is the fitment of Durango shock springs on mugen shocks? (odd question I know)

- A big thing out here is we have very loose tracks that can be rutted and have big jumps. One track has very tight lanes, like 6ft lanes at one point if that. On power steering is a big advantage which the Teknos have. How does the MBX7R Eco stack up in comparison and how is the rear end as far as being loose versus planted?

- What items are considered must haves to purchase for the vehicle as upgrades?

- Same question as spares?

- What is the recommended battery size for proper weight balance (Tekno's say they use 6500mah sized packs, so something like that kind of suggestion I am looking for).

- Lastly, is there a new vehicle in the works?

Thanks before hand!
Old 07-25-2016, 01:51 PM   #1655
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Doing some due diligence on various 1/8 vehicles out there and have a few questions on the xray xb8e 2016 platform:
Too many question for me to address at once, but here is some info.

Mugens are high quality like Durangos of the past, but without weak spots. I don't know if springs fit from my Rango. Don't have any to test.

Mugen factory drivers are always willing to help, but they don't seem to do much on RCtech. However, every aspect of the car is covered well by Drake in his videos. I miss seeing the factory guys on here and no one has ever matched Lutz in the support he provided many of us. Miss that for sure, wish I was a tekno fan.

I run the lighter lipos in the 4600 range with Tekin 1900 system. I don't see any issues with guys who use the heavier lipos, but the 5000mah or less would fit easier under most bodies.

I don't have experience with X-Ray or Tekno buggies, but you wont be disappointed in the quality of a Mugen. There are rumors of the 8 buggy about to drop. People are still racing the old MB6 at local tracks and run at the front. Nothing wrong with 7 or 7r. The Mugens are proven tough. All my spare parts just collect dust, but I'm a clean driver. Hope that helps.
Thunder Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:32 PM   #1656
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Cain, thunder trail answered your questions pretty good.. I can't answer your questions about the other brands because I never used them. Mugen is one of the best for good reason. You just need to keep a nice supply of front lower arms and some steering hubs. No hop up parts, you just need to know how to setup a car. Wich is key on any brand. Dont worry about a new kit right now, it's all just speculation at this point. Best thing about the mugen is its ability to work at different tracks without feeling like your cars sucks from place to place, I like to keep things simple. I only change my shock settings from track to track

There are very few top pro guys that are helpful on any forum, it's really not their job to do so. Lutz, drake are a different breed. Dylan (donrod) Rodriguez dad rip, used to be the most helpful on the mugen thread until he passed away....The guys here on the mugen forum are very helpful and friendly, most mugen users are long time mugen users and have a ton of knowledge on these cars. You can't Go wrong with mugen.
hairymuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 02:07 AM   #1657
Tech Master

if you're breaking your mbx7/mbx6 front arms , you can switch to xray xb8 arms ( it's a direct fit ). they mure more durable !

Old 07-26-2016, 06:17 AM   #1658
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 233 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by werner sline View Post
if you're breaking your mbx7/mbx6 front arms , you can switch to xray xb8 arms ( it's a direct fit ). they mure more durable !

in a way related to this, how soon does Mugen address issues? I have heard different takes on this and issues with arms seems to be somethign that shoudl be addressed inhouse versus buying parts from another brand to correct the issue if its something known for a bit.

having owned a Mugen MBX5 back in the day though Mugen sure did have some good quality.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:10 AM   #1659
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

They updated the arms on the 7 series buggies and truggies. Everyone told me when I went with mugen to buy arms , and im going to go through a bucket of arms, blah blah blah.... Haven't broken a single one.

Don't forget ... Have fun , talk sh*$ with your buddies, and have fun.

I race so I can have people flip my car over ....
wittyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:12 AM   #1660
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

same here. never have issues with my arms.
rotor head33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:40 AM   #1661
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
in a way related to this, how soon does Mugen address issues? I have heard different takes on this and issues with arms seems to be somethign that shoudl be addressed inhouse versus buying parts from another brand to correct the issue if its something known for a bit.

having owned a Mugen MBX5 back in the day though Mugen sure did have some good quality.
go check out the Nitro thread for the MBX7R and see what he is doing to his car. you will see why he is breaking parts.
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:08 PM   #1662
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider313 View Post
go check out the Nitro thread for the MBX7R and see what he is doing to his car. you will see why he is breaking parts.
hi rider313 ! i already posted my stunts here and my signature says it all

but breaking those front arms is already common for most mbx7 eco drivers. the nitro version is lighter, that's why you guys don't break those ( by the way, what the weight of the nitro mbx7 ? )
I just want to share a solution for this.
I don't show the parts that I rebuilt and that nobody breaks ( like the rear chassis brace, the lipo box, the steering upper plate )
Old 07-26-2016, 09:01 PM   #1663
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

Anyone run at Mikes Gulf Coast RC Raceway in Porter, Tx and have a setup sheet for the track? Reply here or send me a PM please.
RcOneNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:16 PM   #1664
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Left front a-arms break like butter on the mbx7r.
eortizr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:53 AM   #1665
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

i havent broken one is over a year. I have bent 2 since then, I would much rather have the slight bending of the new arms then the breaking of the old. Get yourself a set of the new arms and call it a day.

Unless you are sending your car to the moon and back, then you will need to find other options.
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote