Mugen MBX7R Eco thread! >

Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!

Like Tree29Likes

Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!

Old 11-06-2015, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by patrick lsp
Maiden voyage. Tight indoor clay track. Car is lazy on 180 degree turns. Rear was hooked too much and pushed front when throttle picked up. I shortened wheelbase and moved rear camber link from outside on hub to middle. Also switched to bottom holes on rear hubs. Car was a little better. Next run I moved rear camber link to inside on hub and raised one hole on tower. Rear finally starting to rotate a little. Still need more off power turn in on the 180 degree turns. Car is 775 in diffs and stock springs and Pistons with 37.5/35 . Any suggestions ? Was planning on going to 5 in front diff. Possibly 3 in rear.
Changing to 3K on rear diff will help quite a bit. I run 7,5,3 in mine and have all the steering I need. Also, on your front camber links, you need to try 1mm up front and three behind the link. This helped mine out with the pushing issue and didn't cause the rear to be twitchy either. These are just suggestions that worked for me.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by werner sline
will try to get those info for you man
steering ball diam : 14mm

rear lower arms hinge pins : 4x65mm
front lower arms hinge pins : 4x63.5mm ( weird length )

I have a kit not mounted so I have access to any parts !
Old 11-09-2015, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 191 (100%+)

First race. Long day. With a hour between rounds so plenty time for setup changes. Shock pkg is 1.3 5 holes, black 9.0/10.0 springs and 550/450 fluids. Car landed and settled much better than stock setup. Still bad push on tight 180 turns. Had to crawl thru those and a s turn. First changes were to upper arm pills. Was up on tower and middle on rear. I changed to middle on tower and up on rear and bumped rear shock fluid to 500. Car was slightly better.
Next change was moving to front of Ackerman. A little better. More aggressive for sure.
Finally the change I should of done earlier, was dropping from 7 to 5 in front diff, and dropping ride height to 24/27. These changes finally got rid of push and made car turn in off power. Put in best qualifier. Qual points placed me 4th in b main. Got good start and lead
For a few laps. Got tangled in 10 pack rhythm section with lappers. Came out of that mess fifth. Battled back for bump spot. Over all happy with car and how it reacts to setup changes. suggestions and setup help is welcomed.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Steve Harris take the win with mbx7r eco at last round at jbrl.

nice job Steve and Mr Harris.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by patrick lsp
First race. Long day. With a hour between rounds so plenty time for setup changes. Shock pkg is 1.3 5 holes, black 9.0/10.0 springs and 550/450 fluids. Car landed and settled much better than stock setup. Still bad push on tight 180 turns. Had to crawl thru those and a s turn. First changes were to upper arm pills. Was up on tower and middle on rear. I changed to middle on tower and up on rear and bumped rear shock fluid to 500. Car was slightly better.
Next change was moving to front of Ackerman. A little better. More aggressive for sure.
Finally the change I should of done earlier, was dropping from 7 to 5 in front diff, and dropping ride height to 24/27. These changes finally got rid of push and made car turn in off power. Put in best qualifier. Qual points placed me 4th in b main. Got good start and lead
For a few laps. Got tangled in 10 pack rhythm section with lappers. Came out of that mess fifth. Battled back for bump spot. Over all happy with car and how it reacts to setup changes. suggestions and setup help is welcomed.
I sent you a pm. Sounds like you know what your doing. Tire choice super important too.add some weight up front 2.2 2.5 sway bars from mugen gt car.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro2be
Steve Harris take the win with mbx7r eco at last round at jbrl.

nice job Steve and Mr Harris.
Thanks!!!
Old 11-12-2015, 03:02 AM
Tech Elite

had my first serious bashing session with 3x 4s lipos

just a large jump and a landing in soft dirt on my small oval track
I did land awfully dozens of times on the hard packed dirt side and the mbx7r eco hold pretty well. but it always hold on better when it's brand new.
I managed to breack both 4mm screws holding the steering post underneath. quite strange... I think mugen's steel screws are a bit too hard and breaks instead of bending a bit...

anyways I had a great time and it flew nicely high !
Old 11-12-2015, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

Talking

had my first serious bashing session with 3x 4s lipos

just a large jump and a landing in soft dirt on my small oval track
I did land awfully dozens of times on the hard packed dirt side and the mbx7r eco hold pretty well. but it always hold on better when it's brand new.
I managed to breack both 4mm screws holding the steering post underneath. quite strange... I think mugen's steel screws are a bit too hard and breaks instead of bending a bit...

anyways I had a great time and it flew nicely high !
HAVING FUN ! I've crashed a lot over the years and never broke a 4mm screw. That must of been one heck of a good time.

But I have snapped at chassis in half.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...buggy-676.html
Old 11-12-2015, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

HAVING FUN ! I've crashed a lot over the years and never broke a 4mm screw. That must of been one heck of a good time.

But I have snapped at chassis in half.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...buggy-676.html
1/10th a weaker IMO, what do you think ?

I also broke the Upper steering deck, that's weird ! i decided to built a aluminium copy of it. I noticed that the steering plate rubs on the hinge holder so I mounted it on the upper side of the deck ( i will post a pic)

well, the car is rebuilt so it's time to make it fly again !!
Old 11-12-2015, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Which CSI blue piston to get? The regular blue or blue aluminum? thx
Old 11-12-2015, 10:00 PM
Tech Addict

1/10th a weaker IMO, what do you think ?

I also broke the Upper steering deck, that's weird ! i decided to built a aluminium copy of it. I noticed that the steering plate rubs on the hinge holder so I mounted it on the upper side of the deck ( i will post a pic)

well, the car is rebuilt so it's time to make it fly again !!
8th scale are beast, I'd want to see video of you sending it.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

8th scale are beast, I'd want to see video of you sending it.
i have no vid yet but will work on it. I would like to show a 180° because i have never seen it before on the internet ( but the tekno advertising with Austin blair shows a nice 360° ! )

this is the upper deck I build because the plastic one broke :

and my mbx7r eco broken arm : that didn't take long... it landed really badly right on the arm, lightly sideways. no 1/8 could have survived this ! I checked the eb48 arms and mugen made theirs thicker !

i will repair it and modify it with my little steel parts...
Learning to fly takes its toll ! this is my new launching ramp, nicely made of steel, plywood and carpet.

the old dirt one became too bumpy

Last edited by werner sline; 11-14-2015 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:23 PM
Tech Adept

I've got a couple issues that I'd like to get some help. First one is I'm running indoor on a med to tight clay track, med to loose traction. I seem to spin out at entry and middle of turn off throttle.

The other issue is my front camber on the left side is about 3 degrees with a washer on the top and bottom arm. The right arm is more like 5 degrees with the same amount of washers??? I had to add a washer to the top arm to get the same camber. Everything looks straight and moves freely.

I've attached my set-up sheet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
JcP Indoor 11-11-15.pdf (380.8 KB, 135 views)
Old 11-15-2015, 11:00 AM
Tech Addict

i have no vid yet but will work on it. I would like to show a 180° because i have never seen it before on the internet ( but the tekno advertising with Austin blair shows a nice 360° ! )

this is the upper deck I build because the plastic one broke :

and my mbx7r eco broken arm : that didn't take long... it landed really badly right on the arm, lightly sideways. no 1/8 could have survived this ! I checked the eb48 arms and mugen made theirs thicker !

i will repair it and modify it with my little steel parts...
Learning to fly takes its toll ! this is my new launching ramp, nicely made of steel, plywood and carpet.

the old dirt one became too bumpy

Since your just bashing do you know you can boil your plastics in hot water for 20 minutes and let cool all way down to room temp and it would make plastic flexible and hard to crack.problem solved for front arms. You can even repeat and they will never break. One more thing, you may want to put longer front chassis brace on since your bashing for less chassis flex will = less things breaking.

Nice jump and that front plate kinda odd with holder on top, I'm pretty sure it's upside down. Look at your manual!

Last edited by nitro2be; 11-15-2015 at 11:34 AM.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Matt1970
I've got a couple issues that I'd like to get some help. First one is I'm running indoor on a med to tight clay track, med to loose traction. I seem to spin out at entry and middle of turn off throttle.

The other issue is my front camber on the left side is about 3 degrees with a washer on the top and bottom arm. The right arm is more like 5 degrees with the same amount of washers??? I had to add a washer to the top arm to get the same camber. Everything looks straight and moves freely.

I've attached my set-up sheet.
my indoor set up was almost exactly like yours. Only thing I see is your toe in insert for rear. I ran middle down, and my car was dialed at track. Maybe to much toe In?. Also on front camber I had same thing as you I run 2 washers on top and one side screwed in tight other side just tight enough where touch washers. Looks great works great. Your set up looks good I'm thinking sway bars to tight. Need to move free side to side under full suspension compression. Reduce brakes, I only ran 45% because car was squirrel under hard brakes.

Last edited by nitro2be; 11-15-2015 at 01:17 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.