R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree16Likes

Old 08-15-2015, 12:44 AM   #1021
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurcheck View Post
I'm a little confused on the system of the tags on the springs and what the numbers mean, clarification please anyone.
The higher the # the softer the rate......correction, my son is running 8.75 front and 9.5 rear...the springs go up in 1/4 increments..we are running heavier springs than stock..some companies like to keep the spring rate a secret from the competition, Kyosho does the same,they only tell you if its med or hard.. I don't change springs much..mugen springs count the coils,that is how they get the #s you see...
hairymuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 03:00 AM   #1022
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairymuffin View Post
The higher the # the softer the rate......correction, my son is running 8.75 front and 9.5 rear...the springs go up in 1/4 increments..we are running heavier springs than stock..some companies like to keep the spring rate a secret from the competition, Kyosho does the same,they only tell you if its med or hard.. I don't change springs much..mugen springs count the coils,that is how they get the #s you see...
Counting the coils is not helpful for Mugen springs, cause they uses different thickness of coils, and unlike other makes Mugen only published the rate of their "MBX6 series" of springs and not the other ones...eg which one is softer? E0558 (1.6X10.25T) or the E2507 (1.5X8.25T), as both are labeled as "soft"?
blackshark3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 04:07 AM   #1023
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshark3 View Post
Counting the coils is not helpful for Mugen springs, cause they uses different thickness of coils, and unlike other makes Mugen only published the rate of their "MBX6 series" of springs and not the other ones...eg which one is softer? E0558 (1.6X10.25T) or the E2507 (1.5X8.25T), as both are labeled as "soft"?
Yes the # of coils don't tell you the rate in lbs but if the sticker labels come off, there is a way to read the coils..of those 2 springs, I don't know wich is softer of the two because one is a 1.5x8.25t is a 15mm silver spring,and they are different than the black springs.. I use the black springs,not the kit silvers,...I only mentioned counting the coils,just in case you ever lose the labels...it's still not difficult to tell the spring rate..a 10.0 is stiffer than a 10.50..
Old 08-15-2015, 09:25 AM   #1024
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Mugen spring chart. The mugen springs are confusing because they just list number of coils. Less coils stiffer spring if the spring diameter and wire thickness are the same, which isn't always the case. I use the listed rate and convert it into in/lb so I can cross reference with other manufacturers springs.
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!-939287-mugen-mbx6-mugen-spring-chart.jpg  
Old 08-15-2015, 11:00 AM   #1025
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

anybody running a Tekin RX8 GEN 2 care to post their esc setup for 1/8 buggy?
I am having trouble trying to get my nose down on a landing for a jump. I have too much brake and it flips the car over.
I'm running :
Drag Brake off
Min. Brake 2
Brake Strength 45
Push Control 2
Old 08-15-2015, 11:46 AM   #1026
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I like the spring chart Mike Stubblefield put together on the MBX7T thread, it groups the different spring types together.

Mugen MBX7T
Rick S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 12:52 PM   #1027
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfnaJoe View Post
I am having trouble trying to get my nose down on a landing for a jump. I have too much brake and it flips the car over.
I'm running :
Drag Brake off
Min. Brake 2
Brake Strength 45
Push Control 2
First try letting of the throtle earlier as you hit the jump and keep the gas up. Something in that area of driving. Other factors come into play such a shock oil, ride height etc. Look online at the pros setups. Have fun
bladeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 02:58 PM   #1028
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
I'm running :
Drag Brake off
Min. Brake 2
Brake Strength 45
Push Control 2
Brakes in air will bring nose down, throttle in air brings nose up. Your problem can be solved with either tapping brakes in air or add little drag brake and let it do it for you.Or like the other guy said let off throttle before jump. Maybe the push control is giving you throttle in air and causing your nose up condition. Are u flipping over forward or backwards?
nitro2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 03:32 PM   #1029
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro2be View Post
Brakes in air will bring nose down, throttle in air brings nose up. Your problem can be solved with either tapping brakes in air or add little drag brake and let it do it for you.Or like the other guy said let off throttle before jump. Maybe the push control is giving you throttle in air and causing your nose up condition. Are u flipping over forward or backwards?
I was also thinking push control was doing it, it was real bad and I backed it down and it helped, might turn it off and add a little drag brake, it flips forward. I can control the car in the air everywhere but this one quad jump that we double-double then a sharp left turn as soon as you land. I can do it perfect in my nitros but this one spot is killing me in e buggy, i have been rolling it to make sure I make it.

Even the lighest tap of brakes slams it to the ground where I'm not that high in the air, we have a huge triple That I'm 6 ft or so in th eair and I tap the brake and it lands perfect
Old 08-16-2015, 03:53 PM   #1030
Tech Elite

Hope adam dont mind me showing pics of his buggy..saw the new associated ebuggy this week,it has the same center diff mount and radio tray as the 7r ��
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!-image.jpg  
Old 08-16-2015, 06:30 PM   #1031
Tech Addict

Quote:
I was also thinking push control was doing it, it was real bad and I backed it down and it helped, might turn it off and add a little drag brake, it flips forward. I can control the car in the air everywhere but this one quad jump that we double-double then a sharp left turn as soon as you land. I can do it perfect in my nitros but this one spot is killing me in e buggy, i have been rolling it to make sure I make it.

Even the lighest tap of brakes slams it to the ground where I'm not that high in the air, we have a huge triple That I'm 6 ft or so in th eair and I tap the brake and it lands perfect
if it's flipping forward just on one jump then just nail the gas . Could just be rear springs . Are they same as your nitro?
Old 08-16-2015, 06:34 PM   #1032
Tech Adept

Quote:
Hope adam dont mind me showing pics of his buggy..saw the new associated ebuggy this week,it has the same center diff mount and radio tray as the 7r ��
ok, what's going on with that set-up? diff, spur, additional part there that I know nothing about... it's all clearly different than this newbs box stock mugen.
worm304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 06:46 PM   #1033
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm304 View Post
ok, what's going on with that set-up? diff, spur, additional part there that I know nothing about... it's all clearly different than this newbs box stock mugen.
He is using a electri-clutch,probably Tekno? But could be losi, I know he was testing one before he left losi, Adam runs ebuggy more than most factory drivers, he is knows it pretty well....

My son this weekend tq over lutz and the drake,couldn't bring home the win..drake took the win at the jbrl in Chula Vista
Attached Thumbnails
Old 08-16-2015, 06:51 PM   #1034
Tech Elite

Another of his buggy
Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by hairymuffin; 08-16-2015 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:37 PM   #1035
Tech Addict

Quote:
Another if his buggy
it's his, orange nose and tlr servo horn. Lol.