Search
Like Tree29Likes

Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 03:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveG28
Hi guys, struggling to set front toe.. How much tierod are you leaving visible? Kit says 26mm... I am at 26.4 but it still looks like it has a ton of toe out!?
Originally Posted by TOO-TALL
Do you have a link to the CsI V port pistons
If your really struggling with setting toe. This way works, its not the greatest method of doing it, but it will get you by. Turn everything on and get your buggy to track straight. find a wall that doesn't have molding around the bottom, and lean your buggy against it. front wheels on the floor, wing and rear tires going up, against the wall. You can now use your camber gauge on the floor to your front tires to see how much toe you are running. you want to try to compress the suspension to your ride height when you have it against the wall. I used the wall in the basement (concrete floor, brick wall) now im more of a setup station kind of guy. this method will get you by. you can get it within less then a degree, its not the easiest way to do it but it does work

http://www.team-crp.com/CSIMugen-16m...e-4_p_189.html
Old 07-16-2015, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I just love my CSI (blue) pistons. Running 45 front / 40 rear and the buggy handles great. Running at a different track this weekend and will do some testing but happy for now.
Old 07-17-2015, 04:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey all!
Just picked up my first kit. The Mugen 7R obviously and I was curious if what bodies fit have been discussed yet? Also is there anything needed that doesn't come with the kit for assembly? Loct tite etc thanks
Old 07-17-2015, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lakaiguy
Hey all!
Just picked up my first kit. The Mugen 7R obviously and I was curious if what bodies fit have been discussed yet? Also is there anything needed that doesn't come with the kit for assembly? Loct tite etc thanks
Yes lock tight,the proline body for the x6 Eco,if you can find one..stock mugen body if weak
Old 07-21-2015, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

How is the fitment and durability of the jconcepts silencer?
Old 07-21-2015, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

Hey all!
I'm using bitty design serpent s811 and has a great fit. Reshape the nose and made my own body mount holes. Good looking body and was on clearance for $19.99 painted.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!-20150719_190109_resized.jpg  

Last edited by nitro2be; 07-21-2015 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dont Hack Me
If your really struggling with setting toe. This way works, its not the greatest method of doing it, but it will get you by. Turn everything on and get your buggy to track straight. find a wall that doesn't have molding around the bottom, and lean your buggy against it. front wheels on the floor, wing and rear tires going up, against the wall. You can now use your camber gauge on the floor to your front tires to see how much toe you are running. you want to try to compress the suspension to your ride height when you have it against the wall. I used the wall in the basement (concrete floor, brick wall) now im more of a setup station kind of guy. this method will get you by. you can get it within less then a degree, its not the easiest way to do it but it does work
Why put the buggy on the wall and attempt to hold it at ride height? Why not leave it on the floor (or table) sitting at ride height and use the camber gauge against the wall?
Old 07-21-2015, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dave H
Why put the buggy on the wall and attempt to hold it at ride height? Why not leave it on the floor (or table) sitting at ride height and use the camber gauge against the wall?
You can. If you find it easier that way go for it. My camber gauge is a little easier that way. Its really sloppy so i need to pinch it to check. I have to flip it upside down for the other tire. Its moved on me before when i was flipping it back over to read it. My way was more of habit then anything else. Either way will work. It will get you close
Old 07-21-2015, 02:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey all!
Leadfinger Racing Assassin Body for the MBX7/7R
Old 07-21-2015, 03:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Wow nitro2be that was a steal! That looks great. I couldn't find anything like that still available. Well it looks like there's a decent amount of options. I'll probably get the silencer or assassin next. I just ordered a custom upgrade skin, website says it's for the MBX7 but it should fit the R body right?
Old 07-21-2015, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitro2be
I'm using bitty design serpent s811 and has a great fit. Reshape the nose and made my own body mount holes. Good looking body and was on clearance for $19.99 painted.
looks great ! does it hug the side walls ?
Old 07-21-2015, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Yes, except the nose needs little work. A main hobbies
Old 07-21-2015, 11:14 PM
Tech Addict

There is still a pink and orange ones left for 19.99 . A main

Last edited by nitro2be; 07-22-2015 at 06:56 AM.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitro2be
Why Kyosho shocks? Body looks good
Old 07-22-2015, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DaveG28
Hi guys, struggling to set front toe.. How much tierod are you leaving visible? Kit says 26mm... I am at 26.4 but it still looks like it has a ton of toe out!?
1/8 buggies run a lot of toe out,also don't forget to look at your car on the ground because of bump steer when the wheels are off the ground it will appear to have a ton of toe out. The stock setting is good, are you changing it because it doesn't look right? You can't go by that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.