R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree16Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2015, 12:57 PM   #691
Tech Elite
 
rcgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_john View Post
I'm wanting to change the front... Have you tried that??
Yes that's what I said. I used front and rear with mbx6 front uprights and rear hubs.
__________________
Dialed RC Hobbies
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:46 PM   #692
Tech Rookie
 
ben_john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
Default

Oh.. I see. Thanks man!!
ben_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:28 AM   #693
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mc Rae, AR
Posts: 1,362
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Need to find out why they are bending. Must be bottoming out in the cup at full compression. Some rubber stops on the front shocks might help. Check plunge in the out drives. If it's too deep add equal washers on PB top and bottom to provide clearance.

You can also straighten those bones in a vise if you are careful. I have straighten many in the past. They were not 100% straight as new, but very close and did continue to work for year or so.

Hope you figure it out either way, but seems wrong to go back to old style parts IMO. Good to have the option to do that though since you own the parts needed.
Thunder Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:07 AM   #694
Tech Champion
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,607
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_john View Post
My front universals are extremely bent and they are on backorder everywhere. Does anyone know of any alternatives?? I have a big race coming up...
I noticed one of ours was bent this weekend also. Local shop had one set in stock though.
__________________
LCRC Raceway http://www.lostcreekcycles.com/lcrc.htm
Proline Racing http:://www.prolineracing.com
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:20 AM   #695
Tech Rookie
 
ben_john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Trail View Post
Need to find out why they are bending. Must be bottoming out in the cup at full compression. Some rubber stops on the front shocks might help. Check plunge in the out drives. If it's too deep add equal washers on PB top and bottom to provide clearance.

You can also straighten those bones in a vise if you are careful. I have straighten many in the past. They were not 100% straight as new, but very close and did continue to work for year or so.

Hope you figure it out either way, but seems wrong to go back to old style parts IMO. Good to have the option to do that though since you own the parts needed.
Good Advice man... I'll check that out, I did't think about plunge. I did notice that the front is way more sloppy than the x6r was too. Seems to come from the upper arms and/or ackerman rack. I thought maybe the slop had something to do with it, but I'll check plunge too.. Thanks!
ben_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:21 AM   #696
Tech Fanatic
 
tlyons68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bardstown ky
Posts: 790
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

anyone having excessive wear on chassis where the droop screws touch the chassis ?mine has almost completely wore through chassis from the droop screw head against the chassis buggy is 2 months old !!
tlyons68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:13 AM   #697
Tech Master
 
rchogfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Black Rock,AR
Posts: 1,017
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone happened to try the tekno wing on their mbx7? I'm wanting to make sure it'll fit. I'm looking at getting a couple and I like the look and they are about $7 cheaper than the proline wing. Thanks in advance.
__________________
**CALVIN BRUCE**
MUGEN SEIKI MBX7 ECO - TEKIN GEN 2 RX8 1900T8 | MUGEN SEIKI MBX7 - ALPHA LUTZ WORLDS | B5M CE - TEKIN RSX - 9.5 | 2015 XB4 - R10 PRO - 6.5 |
rchogfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:14 AM   #698
Tech Fanatic
 
tlyons68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bardstown ky
Posts: 790
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

teknno wing fit right on no problems
tlyons68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:00 PM   #699
Tech Master
 
rchogfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Black Rock,AR
Posts: 1,017
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlyons68 View Post
teknno wing fit right on no problems
Thank you for the quick response, sir.
__________________
**CALVIN BRUCE**
MUGEN SEIKI MBX7 ECO - TEKIN GEN 2 RX8 1900T8 | MUGEN SEIKI MBX7 - ALPHA LUTZ WORLDS | B5M CE - TEKIN RSX - 9.5 | 2015 XB4 - R10 PRO - 6.5 |
rchogfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:16 AM   #700
Tech Regular
 
Jason Baliban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Eastern PA
Posts: 314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlyons68 View Post
anyone having excessive wear on chassis where the droop screws touch the chassis ?mine has almost completely wore through chassis from the droop screw head against the chassis buggy is 2 months old !!
Not surprised to hear this. I just started driving the car two weeks ago (and 8th scale in general) and i cannot believe the amount of stress and wear on the car in that short amount of time. My approach to the droop screws is to use them as a tuning tool and set any baseline droop using internal shock limiters.

jB
__________________
High Sundry Productions

B5M | MBX-7Re | T5M | TC3 | RC10 "Graphite"
Jason Baliban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:10 PM   #701
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 410
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Baliban View Post
Not surprised to hear this. I just started driving the car two weeks ago (and 8th scale in general) and i cannot believe the amount of stress and wear on the car in that short amount of time. My approach to the droop screws is to use them as a tuning tool and set any baseline droop using internal shock limiters.

jB
I don't think you will want to go with internal shock limiters, With as much as i adjust my droop per track and traction amount. . I cant see that being the best way to go. If you just wanna add 1mm your tearing apart those shocks. It does wear on the chassis but your chassis is made to wear.
Dont Hack Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 04:26 AM   #702
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 19
Default

Jason's review of his new toy....

https://youtu.be/HBCsZiU3d44
dengor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 04:28 AM   #703
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 19
Default

Interview with Drake...

https://youtu.be/QeFQdSGHxm8
dengor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:17 AM   #704
Tech Regular
 
Jason Baliban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Eastern PA
Posts: 314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dont Hack Me View Post
I don't think you will want to go with internal shock limiters, With as much as i adjust my droop per track and traction amount. . I cant see that being the best way to go. If you just wanna add 1mm your tearing apart those shocks. It does wear on the chassis but your chassis is made to wear.
Thanks for the input.

What is your approach to setting your droop amount based on the track and traction?

jB
__________________
High Sundry Productions

B5M | MBX-7Re | T5M | TC3 | RC10 "Graphite"
Jason Baliban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:09 PM   #705
Tech Master
 
mebolson's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The 208
Posts: 1,009
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Looking for feedback:
VRP Shock pistons or RCShox pistons?
http://www.rcshox.com/mugen-mbx-2-st...or-the-r-16mm/
http://visionracingproducts.com/VRP-...-VRP5H13KY.htm
__________________
Support my small time online hobby shop
www.FactoryRCHobbies.com Custom Race Shirts and Pitmats Dealer for: Soar Seiki, T-Pro Racing Tires, Lipo Batteries, MIP Tools, VP-Pro Tools, and some other stuff
mebolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:59 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net